Babies: 0 - 3 Months

LO wide awake in the middle of the night

Without fail, every night my DS will wake up in the wee hours and stay wide awake, eat ravenously, fall asleep then wake when moved, eat some more and this goes on for 2 hours most nights.  He has only recently been sleeping more than 2  hours at a time and he was doing that then and doing it still after 4 or more hours of sleep in a row.  He usually is asleep by 9pm and awake in the morning by 7 or 8. Its so frustrating...  Any ideas on why or how to prevent this from happening?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: LO wide awake in the middle of the night

• I have a 5wk old and she wakes up a 12am to eat, cry and wonder around for 2 hrs too..I ddn't know what to do so know I try to keep her up for an hr or two at 9pm so she can b tired and sleep after midnight and at least I can have 3 or 4 hrs to sleep ...Is been working so far for the last 4 nights...Good luck...
  • Are you breastfeeding?  If so, I would give LO a pumped bottle of your milk to get DS to sleep longer.  We've started giving our DD a bottle at night and one in the morning and she sleeps so much longer this way.  It's still my milk so she's getting the same nutrition, she just gets more faster and is satisfied longer.  Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • imagejgoetz1:
    Are you breastfeeding?  If so, I would give LO a pumped bottle of your milk to get DS to sleep longer.  We've started giving our DD a bottle at night and one in the morning and she sleeps so much longer this way.  It's still my milk so she's getting the same nutrition, she just gets more faster and is satisfied longer.  Good luck!

I am... I will have to try this tonight. Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"