Parenting

Just need to Vent

Hi everyone.  Just got my daughter down for a nap and needed to Vent!!  My husband and I moved in with my Grandmother and my Father right before I got pregnant.  My Grandmother was diagnosed with Alzheimer's and her medical bills have skyrocketed so she needed someone to move in with her that could pay the household bills.  She always told us grand kids she did not want to be put into a home.  Her Father and Sister both died in homes.  She did a lot for us grand kids.  She practically raised my sister and I when my dad lost his job when I was 13 and decided he was not going to look for another one.  I am the only grandchild that has stepped up to help her.  The problem is, my dad still does not work and does not help with his mother like he should.  Plus they argue all the time.  I don't want my daughter growing up around constant arguing.  Also my dad is lazy and I think that is a bad influence as well.  He is really good with my daughter and she loves him too death.  I just don't know what to do.  My husband and I works our asses off to keep our heads above water financially and it is becoming a burden.  Well thanks for letting me vent.  I needed it.  Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

Re: Just need to Vent

• I'm sorry. That sounds like a tough situation :( Kuddos to you and your husband for helping your grandmother.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm sorry.  I think what you and your husband are doing for your grandmother is awesome.  I know it has to be tough.

(((HUGS)))

Come in here and vent anytime. 

Kill all my demons and my angels might die too. -Tennessee Williams

You take my ovaries, I take your yarns.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageBubblyToes:

I'm sorry.  I think what you and your husband are doing for your grandmother is awesome.  I know it has to be tough.

(((HUGS)))

Come in here and vent anytime. 

Ditto this!!!

• The only thing I can think of is a "come to Jesus" talk with dad and grandma. They might not even know how they sound -- try taping them and playing it back during the talk. They might tone it down for the sake of your child.
  • is it your fathers house or your gma's house?
  • It is my Grandma's house.  I am her power of Attorney. She left it to me in her living trust because she wants me to let my dad stay in it (free of course).  Even if my dad was not in the picture, I don't want the house.  I have been telling her for years not to leave it to me, to take out a reverse mortgage and use the money to enjoy her remaining years....sorry, venting again lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"