December 2011 Moms

Fave cleaning product - NBR

I know this is a lame post...my best friend and I were talking this morning about our favorite cleaning product. What is your favorite cleaning product and why?

I recently discovered Kaboom bathroom cleaner and I am in love! We have lived in our house for 3 years and I always wanted to change the shower doors (but never have) because they are icky with soap scum and hard water stains. Kaboom was a BOGO at the grocery store recently and it did the job and they are almost clear again! So it is now my favorite!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Fave cleaning product - NBR

• Bon Ami! Great for tubs, toilets, kitchen sinks, etc.
  • I'm not 100% on what it is called but I think it is Foley's carpet cleaner (?).  It is a white bottle with purple lettering.  I got it at home depot or lowe's.  It will clean almsot ANYTHING off the carpet super easy.  I love it. 

2nd favorite is bar keeper's friend.  It's the only thing that will get our white sink white again.  Also works on the shower.

I love cleaning.  sigh.

AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers

SaveSave
  • Loading the player...
  • Lemon lysol spray. I love the smell. I'm also not allergic to it which I tend to be with almost all other cleaners.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 7th generation's all purpose cleaner and wipes.

yep, that's as exciting as it gets around here

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I LOVE the Meijer brand all purpose lemongrass spray cleaner.

Also, the Woolite pet carpet cleaner works so well!!

BFP #1: 3.28.11 Dx w/ PIH @ 24w DS Born @ 36w: 11.7.11 6 Days in NICU
    BFP #2: 8.31.16 Dx w/ GD @ 28w DD Born @ 36w: 4.21.17

• imagemintyblue02:

I'm not 100% on what it is called but I think it is Foley's carpet cleaner (?).  It is a white bottle with purple lettering.  I got it at home depot or lowe's.  It will clean almsot ANYTHING off the carpet super easy.  I love it. 

2nd favorite is bar keeper's friend.  It's the only thing that will get our white sink white again.  Also works on the shower.

I love cleaning.  sigh.

It's called Folex, and that was going to be my answer too.  That stuff is AMAZING!

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imagekaymaroo:
    imagemintyblue02:

I'm not 100% on what it is called but I think it is Foley's carpet cleaner (?).  It is a white bottle with purple lettering.  I got it at home depot or lowe's.  It will clean almsot ANYTHING off the carpet super easy.  I love it. 

I love cleaning.  sigh.

It's called Folex, and that was going to be my answer too.  That stuff is AMAZING!

Ah!  Thanks. And yes it is amazing.  I cleaned 5-year-old stains off DH's carpet when I moved into his house after we got married.  I have loved it ever since.

AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers

SaveSave
  • I am going to write some of these down and try them out! I love a good cleaning product that makes my life easier!
  • We are a vinegar and water household.  I don't like the nasty chemicals.  Vinegar will kill anything a cleaner will do.  For soap scum and things that need an extra scrub I will add some baking soda to the mix and it will clean it right up just as well as bleach.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageQmommy:
    We are a vinegar and water household.  I don't like the nasty chemicals.  Vinegar will kill anything a cleaner will do.  For soap scum and things that need an extra scrub I will add some baking soda to the mix and it will clean it right up just as well as bleach.

Thats what I was going to say! It works great! 

• This is probably bad since I am pregnant... but my favs are
    #1 Lysol with bleach (all purpose)
    #2 Clorox Spray Cleaner (all purpose)
    #3 (for mopping) I call it the 'mexican pinesol' only bcs my family has used it since I was very little and it's HUGE in Mexico since I can remember. But that's only for the smell... I have to scrub the floor manually on all fours first... Im somewhat of a neat freak Tongue Tied
    I used to use Amonia...yes ofcourse I dilute it with water... love that stuff...I cant use it right now though my hubby forbade me :(  That stuff works great on anything! But my fav brand is 'Parsons' and its hard to find it lately :(

I love this!! I like talking 'cleaning' :D i love for my house to BE clean LOOK clean and SMELL clean ;)

• Baking soda. We put it on the carpet before vacuuming and it helps get up the dog hair and smells. I use it to scrub the sink and stove, polish the fixtures, etc. 
  • imagenhlrem96:

This is probably bad since I am pregnant... but my favs are
    #1 Lysol with bleach (all purpose)
    #2 Clorox Spray Cleaner (all purpose)
    #3 (for mopping) I call it the 'mexican pinesol' only bcs my family has used it since I was very little and it's HUGE in Mexico since I can remember. But that's only for the smell... I have to scrub the floor manually on all fours first... Im somewhat of a neat freak Tongue Tied
    I used to use Amonia...yes ofcourse I dilute it with water... love that stuff...I cant use it right now though my hubby forbade me :(  That stuff works great on anything! But my fav brand is 'Parsons' and its hard to find it lately :(

I love this!! I like talking 'cleaning' :D i love for my house to BE clean LOOK clean and SMELL clean ;)

<3 the smell of bleach and "clean" also....DH sometimes thinks I am crazy!

What exactly is 'mexican pinesol'? I just ran out of mop solution this week and I would love to try this. Is it a solution you make? Or something you buy? I would be on my hands and knees scrubbing the floors everyweek except I invested in the Hoover Floormate Mop and it is the best thing! (Especially in AZ where we have very little carpet). I love sucking up the dirty water and can't even fathom that I used to just push that crap around on my floors!

• imagemasterhairstylist:

imageQmommy:
    We are a vinegar and water household.  I don't like the nasty chemicals.  Vinegar will kill anything a cleaner will do.  For soap scum and things that need an extra scrub I will add some baking soda to the mix and it will clean it right up just as well as bleach.

Same in this house.  I also LOVE my shark steam mop!! 

• I think she is talking about Fabuloso....at least that what I could instantly smell as I read the post. It has a very distinct smell that I've seen used in Mexican restuarant's and at resorts I've visited.
  • Clorox Green Works Multi Purpose Cleaner - I looove it, I use the Green Works dish soap too

I also love the Clorox Clean Up for Bathroom - Fabreeze kind ... smells SO nice and clean

Comet - Lavender works great for Showers! 

• Method brand all purpose cleaner.  We use it for everything and it comes in a variety of really nice smells (Lavender, Clementine, Grapefruit etc).  The only place we use bleach is in the toilets.

Jan17 Sept Sig: Pumpkin Spice gone too far
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagemasterhairstylist:

imageQmommy:

This is what I've gone to using... its so simple and they all work amazing! One other thing I do use on occasion when needed since we have such hard water is CLR and pumice stone.

I bet I've probably only spent about $20 on cleaning products this year, it's freaking cool!

• I love the Method all purpose cleaners (especially the grapefruit!) It smells amazing and cuts through grease.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers image
  • My favorite product is actually a cleaning cloth - My Amazing Cloth (https://myamazingcloth.com/). I use them for everything - glass, mirrors, dusting, stone counter tops, stainless steel, etc. If I can't use a cloth - like for mopping and bathrooms - I use Mrs. Meyer's All Purpose Cleaner - their lemon verbena scent is my favorite and I love that their stuff is non-toxic (unlike Lysol and the like).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"