1st Trimester

Wish I knew the "just wait and see game" before we conceived *VENT*

So yesterday I had another scare, woke up with ample amounts of red blood and big clots... went in during my planning/lunch period for an exam... just trying to figure out where this blood (28 days actively bleeding today) is coming from.  They do not see it on the u/s and it was just confirmed yesterday that its not my cervix.  There's not a whole lotta stuff down there!  Where is it coming from!?! 

My doctor, rattled off a few things...could still be shedding lining, bleed could be too small to see in uterus (which is apparently a good sign), etc.  but nothing concrete and I left with the "we just have to wait and see" advice.  UGH!  My DH and I are praying around the clock for this pregnancy to still be viable... u/s all look good with increasing HBs and fetal growth but all this blood is terrifying.

\

DS #1 born 05/25/2012   
                                                     BFP#2:  06/12/2013 ---- loss

DS #2 born 4/08/2014
      BPF#4: 2/1/2016 --- 2/23/2016 suspected molar pregnancy--- 3/15/2016 D&E - diagnosis MM
                                                               BFP#5 - 9/22/2016

* formally bornmommy

Re: Wish I knew the "just wait and see game" before we conceived *VENT*

• :-(  Hi I am lurking from 2nd Tri.  Sorry you are dealing with this!  I, too, had unexplained red blood and clots between 6 and 8 weeks!  I went in to get it checked out and no one was really all that concerned...Ultrasound showed a heartbeat, so that was good.  I was only told to take it easy and no sex, since it all seemed to have started immediately after having sex.  I was definitely freaking out!  BUT, honestly, there is nothing you can do about the outcome. I had to tell myself that a few times each day.  It may be difficult to grasp, but it's totally not in your hands right now...and the waiting is excruciating!   It was one of the most frightening and concerning experiences I have ever dealt with.  I hope that everything turns out in your favor!  Since your u/s looks good and HBs/fetal growth are increasing, I think  all will be fine!  Good luck, girl! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sorry to hear this, I hope they figure it out soon. My thoughts are with you and your DH.

• Loading the player...
  • I can't imagine how stressful this must be for you. Sending good thoughts your way.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

• I hate this game too. It just sucks. I am playing that game too and each week I expect the worst and hope for the best. I go back Monday for anpther u/s and hopefully will have my answer. I hope your bleeding stops and you can start enjoying your pregnancy.
    Beta 9/28/11 2953 Beta 9/30/11 4212 Beta 10/6/11 7051 Beta 10/8/11 7753 M/C @ 9 weeks
  • I had this starting at 8 weeks.

Mine were big gushes of BRIGHT red blood, and if it happened in the morning, I did notice clotting. No cramping and after 8 u/s they could not find it. Anywhere.

FINALLY at 15 weeks they found a polyp that had been hiding JSUT inside the opening of my cervix that "migrated" to the exterior.

I still bleed a LOT just about once every 10 days but it has NOTHING to do with baby and is no risk to the baby. It is just a PITA that I have to deal with until delivery, when they will remove it :) Normally they would remove them, but don't like messing with the cervix during pregnancy.

• imageLilyPotter218:

I had this starting at 8 weeks.

Mine were big gushes of BRIGHT red blood, and if it happened in the morning, I did notice clotting. No cramping and after 8 u/s they could not find it. Anywhere.

FINALLY at 15 weeks they found a polyp that had been hiding JSUT inside the opening of my cervix that "migrated" to the exterior.

I still bleed a LOT just about once every 10 days but it has NOTHING to do with baby and is no risk to the baby. It is just a PITA that I have to deal with until delivery, when they will remove it :) Normally they would remove them, but don't like messing with the cervix during pregnancy.

So good to hear this!  I can only hope something like a polyp shows up...but I'm fine with unexplained bleeding as long as my baby is growing and being stronger. 

Thanks for the support, ladies.  I really appreciate you gals!

\

DS #1 born 05/25/2012   
                                                         BFP#2:  06/12/2013 ---- loss

DS #2 born 4/08/2014
          BPF#4: 2/1/2016 --- 2/23/2016 suspected molar pregnancy--- 3/15/2016 D&E - diagnosis MM
                                                                   BFP#5 - 9/22/2016

* formally bornmommy

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"