2nd Trimester

Maternity pants cheating tip

Ladies, I have no idea if anyone else has thought of this yet but I wanted to share my awesome tip with you all in case you haven?t.  If you can fit into the standard clothing sizes at Target (small, medium, large, XL, etc.), you can easily use their yoga pants for maternity pants.  I?m petite but curvy so in my pre-pregnancy days, I fit a size S/M Petite in their yoga/workout pants.  As my pregnancy progressed, I just bought more yoga pants in bigger sizes.  Right now, I?m almost 7 months pregnant and I?m wearing a Large Petite and it fits me really well.  I can still fit comfortably into my size Medium Petite if I cinch it with my belly band (also found at Target).  When my belly gets even bigger, I figure I?ll just continue to wear my size Large Petites with the belly band. 

This has saved me a ton of money because not only are these yoga pants comfy and wearable throughout my pregnancy, I can continue to wear them after I have the baby.  The best part is that I buy all black yoga pants so that I can pair them with practically any top to achieve any look I want to, even a work outfit.  Everyone at my office assumes I bought maternity slacks.  Lol.

Hope this helps another mother-to-be to save a few bucks.  :-)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Maternity pants cheating tip

• I did this with DS#2.  I bought Old Navy yoga pants in my regular size and wore them out during my pregnancy and post-partum.
    image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I didn't think about Old Navy. I'll have to check them out, too. :-)
  • Loading the player...
  • Has anyone seen any navy blue yoga pants? I have to wear navy scrubs to work, and scrubs are NOT comfortable to me...I would kill to wear yoga pants with a scrub top!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Nice! I love Target. I've been doing this but w/ leggings instead of yoga pants and just buying a size bigger than usual. And I've been pairing them w/ long shirts, empire waist dresses, etc. Much easier/cheaper than shopping maternity cause I know I'll be wearing everything I've bought for awhile even after baby comes!
    "When the first baby laughed for the first time, its laugh broke into a thousand pieces, and they all went skipping about, and that was the beginning of fairies." -J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan
  • Yes, I totally agree to the yoga pants.  I wish that I had thought of this with my first pregnancy.  I'm the proud owner of 3 pairs right now and never want to take them off.  I bought mine at Kohl's at $17.99 a pair.  Total lifesaver.
    Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'll get some if they're long enough for me.  They'll be good for when I'm at home, but I don't really think they'll pass as "business casual" for me.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD #1 born 4/1/2012
    My Married Bio 

• Wow! Thanks.  I'm going to give them a try.

| <a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com" style="font-size:smaller;" >Ovulation Tracker</a>[url=http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/43ff7d]
    [img]http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ticker/43ff7d/ttc.png[/img]
    [/
    RA with Sjogren's Syndrome. Risk of heart block in newborn. Age: DH and I are both 38.
    BFP #1: 11/25/2007, EDD 7/28/2008 - Missed m/c (blighted ovum) 12/6/2007 6w3d, D&C 1/3/2008.
    BFP #2: 4/2008 - Natural m/c at 6w.
    Met with RE in 5/2008 full cycle analysis and SA normal. Not considered high risk for blood clots but prescribed 1 baby aspirin a day precautionary during TTC and Progesterone suppositories during 1st trimester of pregnancy.
    BFP #3: 10/17/2008. EDD 6/23/2009,  Third time's the charm! Healthy baby boy born 6/27/2009 via emergency c-section.
    BFP #4: 6/14/2011. Healthy baby boy born 2/16/2012 via elective c-section.
    BFP #5: 1/15/2014. EDD 9/22/2014. 
    2/17/14:.We have a BABY!!! Heart rate 167 and measuring on time. 3/10/14 u/s #2 baby measuring perfectly at 12 weeks at heart rate of 166. NT u/s was normal. Maternit21 blood draw on 3/5/14. Results back on 3/19 - Normal.  It's a BOY!!!  4/10/14 at 16 weeks, 3 days discovered baby's heart stopped at 15 weeks, 6 days. D&C 4/11/14.  Pathology results were all normal.  New information on 8/11/14 - blood test revealed 1/3 of babys blood was in mine caused, most likely, by a tear in the placenta from extreme coughing.  Doctor believes this to be the cause of death.  Repeat D&C and Hysteroscopy scheduled for 8/19/14.  My Chart

• imageMoneypenny424:
    I'll get some if they're long enough for me.  They'll be good for when I'm at home, but I don't really think they'll pass as "business casual" for me.

I agree. I def don't think I could get away with them at work. 

• I work in a construction company and our attire here is business casual/casual so I'm lucky that no one cares what I wear. I love dressing in comfy clothes! :-)
  • I love my yoga pants. :) I wear 'em every day, haha. And the wear before/during/after pregnancy thing was a HUGE point in their favour!
    ---
    ♥ Married since June 2009 ♥
    TW: Living children & Losses:
    Mom of sons "Alpha" (Feb 2012) & "Beta" (May 2016)
    Pregnant after 4 losses via IVF/FET with daughter "Gamma" (EDD Oct 2, 2019)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagefarmlinz:
    Has anyone seen any navy blue yoga pants? I have to wear navy scrubs to work, and scrubs are NOT comfortable to me...I would kill to wear yoga pants with a scrub top!

Walmart actually has navy blue ones.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I saw them at Wal Mart. Navy/Black/Grey - Haynes var fctb_tool=null; function FCTB_Init_7f5212ee80fc4d6da08809e1c4df989a(t) { fctb_tool=t; start(fctb_tool); } var fctb_tool=null; function FCTB_Init_6b4909c5d19e429082f7860a6c735591(t) { fctb_tool=t; start(fctb_tool); }
  • Old Navy also just came out with some elastic waisted jeggings that look like real jeans. They are awesome!
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • Awesome tip!  I am going to Target after work to see what I can find! 

• Yes, I live in my lulu lemons! They even have yoga pants with pin-stripes designed to look dressy!
  • Check out www.lululemon.com.  They're a yoga specialty store and I would bet you can order just about any color you want.  They're a bit on the spendy side, but probably well worth it for the comfort.  I just spend $60 on one bra, so that much for a pair of pants doesn't seem so bad right now!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"