Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Sound Machine for baby's room....

I'm visiting from the November 2011 board and I have a question for you new mommies. Do you have a noise machine in your LO's room? If you do have you found that it helps your LO to sleep? If you do have one which one do you have? 

I got one as a shower gift but it doesn't work so I have to take it back. I'm wondering if I could exchange it for one that works or get store credit for something else for the baby? 

TIA for your responses! :o

Re: Sound Machine for baby's room....

• White noise is a must for us. But I think the baby-specific sound machines are a waste of money.... we bought a relatively inexpensive iPod dock and downloaded some $0.99 white noise tracks from iTunes that we just play on repeat. We also use the iPod dock for other stuff -- playing music around the house, taking it outside for parties, etc. -- so I think it's a much better deal. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We've actually got a humidifier running and I think it's more for my benefit then his!! Cause when he's sleeping near me I jump at every little sound but the white noise helps block the normal sleeping baby noises :)
  • Loading the player...
  • We use white noise with both girls.  We have a small fan for Kate and a Sleep Sheep for Halle.
  • I second the white noise suggestion!!!!  That sh*t is amazing.  It literally hypnotizes our LO right to sleep.  You don't need to buy anything expensive or fancy either.  My hubby and I both downloaded a free white noise app on our smart phones.  There's also a website https://simplynoise.com/ or simply set a radio/stero to a static channel.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We have a sleep sheep, a FP seahorse, a fan, and a humidifier.

We are going to get something that will play lullabies (i-pod dock or small cd player.)

We leave the fan on almost all the time, and use the humidifier when he's congested.

Om nom nom
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The sound machine is a MUST in our house. DS still sleeps with his and we have one in our room for DD. The sound machine is something that we never leave at home when we travel or when DS spends the night with grandma. It really doesn't have to be anything fancy...Walmart and Target. 

Sound machines are not just for humans. We set the sound machine to the rain sound (for DD) ,close the blinds and our dog spends the day sleeping in our bed....he must think its raining as every day he is up at the same time looking to go out. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagekatiegal:
    I second the white noise suggestion!!!!  That sh*t is amazing.  It literally hypnotizes our LO right to sleep.  You don't need to buy anything expensive or fancy either.  My hubby and I both downloaded a free white noise app on our smart phones.  There's also a website https://simplynoise.com/ or simply set a radio/stero to a static channel.

This!  

• Right now we use an app on my phone, but I bought the soundspa off amazon. I don't know if it helps her but it masks her noises for me.
    DS 7/6/09
    DD 9/4/11
    EDD 9/1/15
  • We have the Sheep Sleep on the rain setting.  I'm not sure if it is a must have for her or not, but sometimes I notice that once it shuts off, she stirs a little more, so I put it back on.  I think it is more helpful to get her into the deep sleep since it goes for 45 min--so it helps drown out the other noise in the house.

• We I've the homemedics sound spa (the baby crack machine), for both our boys. We just recently started using the projector part for our 2 year old. It has the options of white noise or lullabies. We use the ocean sound for O (he is still in our room) and lullabies for I.
    The Blog

Dinner.Hard life?

The brothers I Rule and OMG! with their faithful sidekickFootFoot.

imageimageimage

My life has a superb cast but I can't figure out the plot.
  • We need a noise machine. We either use white noise or the heartbeat. It also helps us get out of the room since our floorboards sometime make noise

• We use the gentle giraffe and love it. When she sleeps in our room at night we have two fans - ceiling fan and a small one that's louder bc my husband needs the noise
  • We have the sleep sheep but DS seems indifferent to it.  He likes the ticking of the rocking swing best of all. 

TTCAL Siggy Challenge: "He's my favorite.  His birthday is the same as mine almost"

image image

Missing my little one lost at 9 weeks on 2.24.13. brokenhearted but not broken... 

d&c 5/21/13... Still Healing, Still Standing... 

MMC discovered 10/2/2013, TWINS... d&c 10/7/2013.  I still miss you, little ones. 

Surgery December 2013 to remove a 10+cm fibroid... Open myomectomy. Benched for 3-9 months... 
    Will TTC summer Summer 2014 we hope!

Dear God, Since I couldn't hold my little one in my lap and tell him about you, could you hold him in your lap and tell him about me? 

PgAL and PAL always welcome...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"