1st Trimester
Options

Tired of waiting...

I am 6 weeks pregnant today, I found out about it two weeks ago. When I called my doctor, they wouldn't see me until I was at least 6 weeks. This week they were completely booked up so I had to wait until the 17th (next Monday). I've been waiting for the 17th for two weeks now and I'm just starting to get really impatient as it gets closer! I just want a professional to back me up and fingers crossed to hear the heart beat since I will be 7 weeks when I go. I am a very impatient person in general and I just can't get the "what-if's" and just plain worrying out of my mind! 

I know I need to relax and take it one day at a time. I just had to vent that out to people who know where I'm at or have been here before. :-)

BabyFruit Ticker BabyName Ticker

Re: Tired of waiting...

• Options

I'm impatient all the time about appts. It is kind of better to wait a little longer. Sometimes you can only see the sac on the ultrasound (just like a black hole in there with nothing in it). I find that to be scary, but when it's too early, that's all they can see. So having to wait, should mean, you will def see baby when you go.

Good luck and congrats!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My first appointment is the 17th too! I found out at 3weeks 5 days and my appointment isnt until 8 weeks! I cant wait! I am bummed that I dont get an u/s though.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I went at 6wks to confirm it. Now i have to wait till i am 10 wks for a U/S and to hear the heartbeat. The month is dragging!!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • Options
    I felt the same way. I was practically crying before they brought me into the ultrasound room because I was so sure there would be an empty sac or no heartbeat. Then were was and it was pure joy, and totally worth the wait!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Waiting is hard! Good thing these lil guys are worth the wait or we'd go crazy!
  • Options
    I never thought I would be this freaked out and worried that something is going to go wrong. I am not that person normally and never thought I would be like this. I sure hope everything works out fine though, obviously. :-)
  • Options
    Depending on your Dr, they may or may not attempt to listen to the heartbeat.  Mine won't try to find the heartbeat with the doppler until 12 weeks.  But she did send me for a dating ultrasound around 7 weeks which put me at ease; somewhat!  I hope the time starts going faster for you.  Weeks 7-10 dragged for me & it just seems now, things are finally picking up.  Hang in there!!
    Blessed to be married to my best friend & so in love with our little man!!
    Mason Robert born 4/26/2012

Me:  31   DH:  35
    Unexplained Secondary Infertility
    TTC#2 since Spring 2014
    Clomid 50mg BFP 8/27/15, chemical pregnancy 8/30/15
    Clomid 100mg IUI #1 10/12/15....BFN.
    TTC Break until January 2016.

• Options
    Are they doing an u/s?  If not, you'll have to wait longer for the heartbeat.  Seven weeks is much too early to hear it with a doppler.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

med-free birth x2, breastfeeding, baby wearing SAHM
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My BFP Chart

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm not actually sure if the are going to do an u/s. I have heard some will but others won't. I'm just kind of hoping they will :-/ Over all even if they don't, I just want to have that professional tell me everything is looking good.
  • Options
    Personally, I think it is better to wait until at least 8w because in the event you go to early and don't see HB or fetal pole at 6w you don't have a freak out moment and worry for two more weeks. Also just to throw it out there sometimes a doctor will only have a dating u/s machine in office and not one of the super fancy machines that you can see the HB on....my doctor doesn't have one- only the ER and the Antepartum Testing Unit at my hospital.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

When I went for my first drs appt at 9 weeks, they did a vaginal ultrasound and did not find a heartbeat... I am pregnant again, and they found a heartbeat at 6 weeks! I have another appt in two days and hope everything is still ok. This waiting is the worst!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Tickerimage
  • Options
    having the ultrasound put me so much at ease. actually I didn't realize how worried I was until I saw the little peanut on the screen and heard its heartbeat. I hope the waiting passes quickly and seeing your LO will make you feel better.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"