2nd Trimester

Crazy Story I have to share with you guys---- Name Stealing....

Tell me your thoughts ladies-----

My husband's best friend's Fiance had her husband call my husband and talk to him about our baby name. She claims that I stole Colton from her on fathers day weekend when I was talking about the baby and names ( i only had 1 boy name) ect.......

Meanwhile. everyone knows I picked that baby name like a year ago told her it was our name ---- .I also have emails from before fathers day saying that is what I am naming my baby if its a boy-- silly i know .....-- but I like having the proof

none then less, the only pregnancy symptom i haves is my lack to control rage. I am outraged he called us about this, more outraged of the nerve of these people to even bring something up that is INSANE

I will never talk to this girl again---- and thats just how I roll- shes NUTS

Re: Crazy Story I have to share with you guys---- Name Stealing....

• 1. My boy's name is also Colton :)

2. Are they having a baby, too? Or is she mad because now she can't use it in the future?

My Colton...Growing up so fast!

And Coralee, his baby sister...On the way!

BabyFruit Ticker

• I agree with you. I hate people like that.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • That IS insane.  Even if she HAD liked the name before (which she obviously did not), who is to say there can't be more than one Colton in this world?

And I agree, he should have never called about something so childish. Ugh.

I am so sorry you had to suffer from the stress of something so stupid unneccesarily. :(

Pregnancy Ticker
  • SHE IS NOT PREGNANT NOR MARRIED YET

SHE IS VAPOR TO ME Smile

I had a rash I was so mad!!!!!!

• Oh well, whoever has the first baby gets the name. Don't be friends anymore, roll how you want to roll. Throw that b off a bridge! Word.

ETA: I am laughing my ass off because you had a rash from being so mad. That's awesome. My friend that is due before me, stole my name, so I started calling it a stripper name. She's not going to use it now. LMAO

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ok then red flags would be going up all over the place if I were her man. She sounds like she should be taking crazy pills.

My Colton...Growing up so fast!

And Coralee, his baby sister...On the way!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Wow bishes be crazy. Who cares what name you want? If you have a baby first, you can pick from any name you want. I don't care if she told you the name first (which it DOES NOT sound like she did anyways), you could steal it if you wanted to. That's why you don't tell people your names. If she's going to be so pety, I wouldn't talk to her anymore either. What is with people?
  • She is clearly nuts. And her fianc? must be a complete douche if he allowed her to manipulate him into calling your husband about something so incredibly stupid and childish.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • You're pregnant and you name your baby what you want! Her fiance needs to get a reality check and can go eff himself too! To call someone up over a baby name is stupid when they're not even pregnant!

You're doing exactly what I would do! 

• Yea she is crazy.  If there is no baby in her belly, it's all yours.  Screw that sh*t.  My cousin had a baby a year before me and named him Jackson, one of my favorite names.  I wasn't pregnant at the time therefore I don't get the name.  Bottom line.  I moved on.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• THANK YOU ALLL!!!

I LOVE YOU ALL

AND YOU ARE SO RIGHT!!!!!

I AM HAPPY YOU DON'T THINK I AM CRAZY FOR WRITING HER OFF--- SHES CRAZY!

• YOUR COMMENT IS MY FAVORITE :)
  • Wow, she sounds a little nuts!  I can see if she might be bummed that you're using a name she loves, but to have her fiance call your DH to talk about it is pretty funny.

One of my best friends told me I'm not allowed to use the name Oliver if this baby is a boy because sometime in the next several years she might get a dog and name him that.  Uh, what? I can't use a name because you want to save it for your phantom future DOG?  Luckily we weren't planning on using Oliver anyway, but I sort of want to tell her it's on our short list and see if she gets mad ;-)

• If she is not pregnant, why is she thinking about names??? She don't know if she will have a boy or a girl!! This girl is stupid!! Why don't she focus on getting married first instead of picking out names for a baby!  Like she can't name her baby the same thing! Throw her somewhere, she's no friend if she is acting so childish over a name!
  • I would contact her and tell her to STFU and no one owns a name.
  • Dont worry about it! lol just roll it off, you are doing more important things with your life like growing a baby lol... She is obviously really immature and needs to grow the hell up lol.... Seriously I would seperate that girl from your life as much as possible. You should tell her maybe she needs to work on finding a boyfriend before worrying about what she is going to name her child.
  • I agree that she is completely crazy!

When we were preganant with DD2, I had really loved the name Grace (...and I still do).  When we were on a weekend away with DH's bestbest friend and his girlfriend, we shared that we liked the name Grace.  They were not engaged, not pregnant, and not even close to having kids.  Despite that, the girlfriend started to cry and said that was her baby girl name.  DH's bestfriend just looked sheepish and said that they had talked about baby names, even though they were not planning a wedding or having kids in the near future.  In any event, DH really didn't want to upset his bestfriend so he VETOED us using Grace as a first name.  I was so upset, but I didn't want to go to war with DH and/or his bestfriend over this.

Story Update: Dh's bestfriend did land up marrying the girl and now they are not sure if they want to have kids....

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Everyone- name your child whatever you want. Seriously. Unless you are with this person OFTEN I don't think it matters if you have a child with the same name. Also nicknames could be helpful in the case that they do end up with the same name.

ETA: Two of my girlfriends that I am with constantly have daughters named Adah and Evelynne. We are naming our child Addelyn because that's pretty much the only name that DH and I both agreed on. Definitely has similarities to both names, but none of us have a problem with it. Not exactly the same, I know, but still.

• I can just imagine my DHs face if I told/asked him to ring a friend to tell him/his wife off for "stealing" our baby name.

Never mind if we were pregnant or not. There is no way my DH would play into that kind of drama. (Not that I would ever ask him to, or even be a part of this kind of situation)

My respect for my husband just went up even more. 

Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• How empty is her life that she's freaking out over a name when she's not married, not expecting!

It's a NAME, people.  I've had favorites, but I've always kind of kept them quiet.  You never know what will happen in the news or in your personal life that can cause a name to be OUT for you.  For instance, Monica was in the top 100 until the Lewinsky scandal hit and since then, it's declined dramatically...So while I have a baby name picked out right now for 4 months from now...I'm hoping that no one with that name does anything scandalous!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I will never see her again, I told my husband he can go to their engagement party alone--- he is the best man.

my husband totally understands why I am so disgusted 

• Agreed! A very good friend of mine and I were pregnant at the same time and I had my baby first. Apparently, my sons name (first and middle!) were #1 on their list! She didn't care, they just picked something else. We had never talked about names so there was no bad blood or anything. I think this is why you have to keep names to yourself to avoid situations where people 'steal names.'
    IAmPregnant Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageKateLouise:

I can just imagine my DHs face if I told/asked him to ring a friend to tell him/his wife off for "stealing" our baby name.

Never mind if we were pregnant or not. There is no way my DH would play into that kind of drama. (Not that I would ever ask him to, or even be a part of this kind of situation)

My respect for my husband just went up even more. 

This. Exactly.

• My thought is, who cares what she names her child. You have every right to name your child Colton as does she. It's really not that big of a deal if you think about it. However, the fact that she's so bothered by it that she accuses you of STEALING it is absurd. I would say it was a sigh Colton and Colton were to be the best of friends, but with a wack job mother like her, your better off. JMO.
  • Thanks everyone! I would never change my baby's name! And I had this name for a year! :)

We are excited and thrilled to be having a baby especially a boy, since my husband is an only child, its very special and no one will dare take  any of that happiness away from me!

Its so good to have support from others! Smile
  • You have every right to be mad. The same thing happened to me with my older sister. My entire life I had known what I wanted to name my first little girl. I even named some of my baby dolls that name growing up. Five years ago my sister found out she was pregnant with a girl and decided to name her THE EXACT NAME that I had always said I was planning on using. What makes it worse is that she took both first and middle name that I chose. I was nowhere close to wanting to have kids yet so I guess she thought it wouldn't be a big deal. It crushed me and I couldn't talk to my sister for months. It's not soemthing you get over easily either, so don't feel bad at all for not talking to this chic again.
  • HAHA That IS crazy! I can't believe she had her husband call you guys! When we found out we were expecting both my hubby's siblings instantly told us which names they had dibbs on and therefore we couldn't use. Good thing they are ugly names... lol

• This sounds similar to my first daughter. I always wanted to name my daughter Kaylee but my husband's cousin flipped out because her daughter's name was Kayla and it was "too close to her name." So our daughter's name is Rylee and we don't talk to this cousin anymore. Also she was O.K. with my sister-in-law naming her daughter Kaylin. Which makes no sense. AND that sister-in-law flipped out when we were going to use Damien if our daughter was a boy; she wasn't even pregnant at the time nor had any kids and we had a girl anyway. His family is nuts...
  • imagesherpa:

Oh well, whoever has the first baby gets the name. Don't be friends anymore, roll how you want to roll. Throw that b off a bridge! Word.

ETA: I am laughing my ass off because you had a rash from being so mad. That's awesome. My friend that is due before me, stole my name, so I started calling it a stripper name. She's not going to use it now. LMAO

LOL I love your tactics!! ROTFL!!

I would't talk to this beezy anymore either...don't stress yourself over it, you have better things to focus on...mainly Colton!  

• To what end did she have her husband call yours---to change the name, apologize, or just complain ? To me, that's crucial to understand what's going on. Also, was the fiance embarrassed ? I couldn't on a million years imagine two normal men having that conversation---I think my dh would've cut him off immediately---he just doesn't gossip or have these weird, second-hand talks. So, I guess this let's you know what type of immature, petty, child-like kind of couple they are & it's best to just let them know that you're not a good fit for them. About you being do angry---it's gotta be the pregnancy---but try & calm down about it & just laugh it off as the absurdly childish response that it is, because if you get so outraged then you validate it & get pulled into the whole high-school-esq-ness of it all. 

They sound arrogant and extremly confused. I am embarassed for you and your husband just by reading this. What grown man calls another man let alone his friend over something some chick brings up.

Happy people dont act like that, they dont focus on other people and this whole story is INSANE.

Im happy to hear you are keeping the name Colton, sounds like you had it first.

These people should crawl back into the hole they came from!!!!!

• You could not be more right.

100+ people have said this might be the most insane story they have ever heard in their life.

• oh and lastly we are so over this and them---

we have so much happiness, awesome friends and a HUGE family support system in our life, we really just don't care---- 

yay for baby on the way :)

• I had this happen to me once. I was pregnant with my youngest son. I had a boys name and a girls name picked out because we didn't know the gender yet. A (used to be) close friend of mine was pregnant too and due two weeks before me. We were talking about baby names and I told her my names were Cameron for a boy and Alexis for a girl. She said she was using Zachary for a boy and Lillian for a girl. About a week later she called me to tell me she had thought more about baby names and she changed her mind....do you know what two names she changed them to? YEP, the names I had picked. And she wasn't kidding. I had a boy named Cameron (which was going to be spelled with a K until she was even going to go as far as to name her potential son Kameron) and she ended up with a girl she named Alexis. So I agree, that you should not tell possible names to anyone unless you don't mind having several children with the same name in your group.

• I can't believe she had the husband call you.  I mean if she had a problem she could have called you. 

I had a situation with my daughter's name.  It took my DH and I FOREVER to decide on a name.  Mainly because we are both teachers, so we vetoed lots of students names. lol  We finally decided on Abigail and that we would call her Abby.  We only told the Grandparents and my two closest friends (they were buying stuff with her name on it for the shower).  We revealed the name at my baby shower.  A week later my step-sister that I hadn't seen or talked to in ages has her baby girl names her Abby (not Abigail, but Abby...our nickname for our Abigail).  I had asked my Mom what my step-sister was naming her baby and it was between 2 other "A" names, but never Abby.  I thought it was a bit ironic that a week after I announced it she named hers Abby.  There was some anger for sure, but after much discussion, we kept the name Abigail.  We had already been calling her Abby for 2 months.  We already had personalized things wtih her name on it (both Abigail and Abby).  So...there are basically two Abby's.  Oh well.  I've still never met the other Abby and it's been 4 years.

I'm a Mommy to 2 (ages 4 & 1) and a teacher. http://differjeansfavoritethings.blogspot.com/
  • Totally agree with you!  When we had our first child, I (regrettably) announced his name "Jaxon" when I was 4 months pregnant....my own COUSIN and several women I know well were making comments on how if they have a Boy they would love to name them Jaxon.  I am now 5 months pregnant with our second child & we are keeping the name a secret until the day she arrives! Lesson learned! 
  • I despise of those people!! GRR!

As for Colton - WOW! There's going to be quite a few of those in 2012!  Our son's name is going to be Colton, too!! I must say though...love the name. ;)

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• What a nut! Take the high road.

I also plan on naming my baby "Colt" (no Colton) if it's a boy! ;) Great minds think alike!

----------
    Visit The Nest!
    ----------
    "Everything happens for a reason"
    ----------
  • hahahah. People are really crazy.. YOU are the one with a baby in your belly. ugh, people are so dumb sometimes. I'm happy to hear you're not changing the name just cause she got pissed. and now they don't even know if they want kids?! so it was a stupid fight to begin with.. I just had mine, and i'll tell you, this mattress i bought really helped (totally off topic! hhaha but i thought i'd give you some advice.) its called Just Gel Mattress (i think) thats their website, its https://www.justgelbaby.com 

its all gel, and doesnt have any toxins, and it really helped my little one sleep, because at first, with the normal mattress it...was..not..fun.

anyways, thought i'd comment about it (: good luck with colton! 

• I had the same thing happen to me!  And the friend actually used the name and now I can't.  So frustrating!!!
  • Hey everyone!

This happened to me too and I learned my lesson - just don't talk about baby names!

When people ask, just say you have something in mind, but you want to keep it a surprise. That way, not only do you avoid all the name stealing drama, but you also avoid getting all those unwanted opinions about the names you picked.

My 2?...

:)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"