January 2012 Moms

the beginning of the end

well, i had my first braxton hicks contractions this weekend.  It's been five years, but i remember this is the beginning of the end.  i'm 27 weeks, i'll hit the last trimester on thursday!  does anyone have suggestions to help with the braxton hicks? walking around helped but it was 3 am and they lasted for two hours.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: the beginning of the end

• You shouldn't need help coping with braxton hicks, if they are that uncomfortable you should go get checked. BH's should not hurt. They are more of a tightening/pressure in your belly. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Drinking lots of water and lying down.

It is definitely the home stretch :)  

image image

• Loading the player...
  • imagekerryholmes:
    You shouldn't need help coping with braxton hicks, if they are that uncomfortable you should go get checked. BH's should not hurt. They are more of a tightening/pressure in your belly. 

Maybe it's cause I'm small, but mine have been uncomfortable all of my pregnancies.  With ds2 I was in labor at 39 weeks and didn't know it because I thought they were intense BH.  With my BH I usually have to straighten myself out and try to relax.  I look at as a great way to practice breathing while in labor.  Because mine sometimes make me want to hold my breath:( 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagekerryholmes:
    You shouldn't need help coping with braxton hicks, if they are that uncomfortable you should go get checked. BH's should not hurt. They are more of a tightening/pressure in your belly. 

Agreed - maybe a little uncomfortable but not painful. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • thanks for the tips. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"