August 2011 Moms

CPR

I am trained in CPR (adult) as my last job required it, but not infant CPR.  I want to take a course but several people said doing that will jinx things.  What are your guys opinion? How many of you are trained in infant CPR? TIA.
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: CPR

• I am a RN an I do not think being trained in infant CPR will jinx anything. I think it is best to be trained and prepared since it is different than adult. I am infant CPR certified and glad that I am although I hope I never have to use it
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am trained in adult and infant CPR. I don't think it will jinx anything...
    Married: 3/01/08
    Baby Girl: 7/29/11
    Angel Baby: M/C 7/15/14 at 7wk
    BFP: 8/23/14 - Due 4/28/15  - It's a BOY!
  • Loading the player...
  • imagekjuryfl:
    I am trained in adult and infant CPR. I don't think it will jinx anything...
    This also

• It's better to be trained than not to be.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I do not understand that logic. Better not get my kids health insurance! It will jinx them into getting sick or hurt.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Infant CPR was a requirement of both parents before we could bring LO home from the NICU.
  • imageS-Tuna:
    Infant CPR was a requirement of both parents before we could bring LO home from the NICU.

Yup!!  Us too.  We were tested before discharge and sent home with a DVD and an infant CPR dummy for practice. 

Prudence
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • My DH and I took adult, child, and infant CPR back in June. Better to be safe than sorry.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageCrash Into Me:

I'd rather know infant CPR and risk "jinxing" things than not know it and need it.

Are you really real?

Again, what Crash said.
    Married 7.5.08
    BFP 12/10/10 - DD1 8/16/11
    BFP 10/29/13 - c/p 11/2/13
    BFP 11/29/13 - DD2 7/18/14
    BFP 3/20/18 - DS1 due 12/2/18
  • imageJelliebean1982:
    I do not understand that logic. Better not get my kids health insurance! It will jinx them into getting sick or hurt.
    This!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • OP, I think I should also remind you not to shake your baby...
  • crash why do you always question me? I might not be the brightest bulb but I am for real.  
  • Your so into the insults even your pets aren't safe. If your miserable which I know you are Vent somewhere else. Typical self centered  individual stating 14 years of cpr I'm glad you learned it 14 years ago and shared that part of it. Unlike your helpless dog  I wouldn't be caught dead in the same room as you. So unfortunate I'm stuck with narcissistic individuals like you from cyber hell. Keep reading my posts I'm glad you can't get enough of me. Can't wait for the crappy comeback...

• Look...we question you because some of the things you say don't make any sense.

Stop and think about what you just said. We are reading this post as "I don't want to learn CPR which could one day save my child's life because it might make something bad happen."

Now-- does that sound ridiculous? Yeah...that is why we are questioning you. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Get trained!  You need to know what to do.  I actually used my training last Christmas when a baby stopped breathing when we were at IHOP.

I took my first training before I started babysitting as a youngster and have kept it up ever since.

Just think, the more people that are trained, the better for all of us.  

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Me (33) DH (32) WFHM * Coffee & Beach Addict *Running is my Paxil*
  • DH and I aren't certified but the NICU showed us a video and went over what to do with a dummy etc
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"