Babies: 0 - 3 Months

When do they start spitting up?

DS is 2.5 weeks old and is EBF. He has never spit up. I'm not complaining...just curious. When did your LO start spitting up after nursing?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: When do they start spitting up?

• it's not an age thing, it's a baby specific thing.  ds1 was spitting up a few hours after birth it seemed.  ds2 hardly ever does (thank god!  we had enough the first time around)
  • My LO will only spit up if she eats to much.  Sometimes she seems so hungry I give her four oz at a time but then she guzzles it and that makes her spit up.  Agree that there doesn't seem to be an age just goes by the kid.  
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imageTheFannins729:
    it's not an age thing, it's a baby specific thing.  ds1 was spitting up a few hours after birth it seemed.  ds2 hardly ever does (thank god!  we had enough the first time around)

This. DD1 was an epic spitter from day one - so much that we went through 3-4 receiving blankets a day as burp cloths. In 3 weeks, DD2 has not had more than a trickle of spit up maybe once or twice.

Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • We FF, I don't know if that makes a difference (other than the possibility for over-eating!). But I can count one hand the number of times he's spit up since birth. We're lucky, I guess!
  • Pretty much what everyone has said.

My first spit up ALL the time and still does to this day, my second rarely spits up

• DS started at about 3 weeks old. 

DD never spat up... She spoiled us :P 

Mommy to A (June 7, 2011) & K (August 24, 2011) Nurse. Home birth. Breastfeeding,
  • My DD didn't spit up at all until around 4 weeks. It only happened a few times but once she started drinking more at a time she started spitting up a little more.  I make sure to burp her during feedings and to not bounce her around or anything after eating.  She only spits up sometimes and it's never a lot.  So it doesn't bother or worry me.
    ~Married my best friend 06/27/2010~ ~Miscarriage July 2010~ ~Hannah Leigh born 07/26/2011 (5 weeks early) @ 8:38am 4lbs 15oz~
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"