Babies: 0 - 3 Months

CPR?

I am trained in CPR (adult) as my last job required it, but not infant CPR.  I want to take a course but several people said doing that will jinx things.  What are your guys opinion? How many of you are trained in infant CPR? TIA.
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: CPR?

• I am trained in CPR, both adult and infant; I had to get certified for a previous job.  I gave DH some lessons and we looked up information as a refresher for me.  I've honestly never heard of the jinx thing; I just think the more information the better!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think it's always best to be prepared.  I don't think you'll jinx yourself.  I'm certified in adult and infant CPR for my job.  Infant CPR was part of our Lamaze course so DH learned there.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • My husband and I along with my father in law took a infant/child cpr class. It was great and we are all so happy we took it. My MIL is already trained in it. My inlaws are watching the baby when I go back to work so we thought it was impt they know too.
  • I'm trained in CHILD and adult but not infant. I watched an extensive 4 segment video on Youtube when I had LO and I feel pretty confident with the information and visuals in the video.
  • I don't think it would jinx anything. I'd say it'd be something good to know, I wish I did...I've just been told a few things and of course looked online. I hope and pray I never have to use the knowledge but prayerfully some instinct would kick in if need be. I say go for it take the class, it won't hurt anything!
  • Definitely take the course. Do you want go regret it if something happens and you didn't take the course because you were afraid of jinxing things? I am a nurse, so I have been trained for years, but I used to take the course even before nursing school. I had an experience where a baby I was watching choked on a piece of zwieback teething cookie. He turned purple and could not cough it out. I had to use what I learned in the course, and it worked. I don't know what would have happened if I wasn't prepared. Still one of the scariest moments of my life. You wil not regret getting certified. I think that every parent should be.
  • Thanks I am reassured to take the course now. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • The comment about jinxing things is just ridiculous.

I'm trained in both infant and child CPR. DH and I took a class through our hospital when I was pregnant with DD2. I'm a SAHM to 2u2; if something bad were to happen to either of my kids, chances are it would be while they were with me. We also live in a rural area so it's important for me to know what to do until emergency responders could get to us.

I personally believe that every parent should be trained in CPR.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I had to be trained for a previous employer, but I was trained before anyway. I like knowing what to do incase somthing does happen. It's better than freaking out in the situation.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"