2nd Trimester

Maternity Clothes

This is my first pregnancy and I've been looking at maternity clothes.  Target doesn't fit me, A pea in a pod is too expensive.  I got a few pants at Motherhood Maternity and tops at Old Navy.  Motherhood really didn't have that much in store.  Any other suggestions on places to look?  

Re: Maternity Clothes

• I got my favorite pair of jeans from Burlington Coat Factory... I think they were about $12
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yesterday I went to Kohls and I finally found pants that fit. They also had just your basic t-shirt and a sweater or two, not a very big selection. But they always have great sales.

The Gap had a hugh selection of basic t's that were 50% off and the rest was 30%, They have a nice selection of dresses, jeans and sweaters. They have the sale on- line and in stores thu Columbus day.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imagekg_08:
    I got my favorite pair of jeans from Burlington Coat Factory... I think they were about $12

I always forget about that place!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I did really well at the gap. They're having a large sale now, I bought a few things online. I paid about $13 for a long sleeved shirt which is pretty cheap and great quality.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Old Navy and JCPenney!  I found some really comfy shirts and jeans at JCPenney online.  Some stores have Maternity sections.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We just went shopping two days ago. I got all my stuff from JCPenny. They had a small selection but it was good stuff. I got a couple shirts, camis, a couple sweaters and a pair of jeans. Huge sale, too!
  • For second trimester I bought a bunch of Target (non-maternity) t-shirts because their maternity stuff didn't fit my right either. The t-shirts are comfy, stretchy, and are like 7 bucks. Not cold here in FL yet so they are perfect for the next month or two and you can wear them after baby (if not too stretched out) is born as well. Pea in the Pod has great clothes but whoever can afford them  ($160 bucks for a little knit-top?!?) is nuts! Something your going to wear for 4-6 months? Well I'm taking handouts so if you want to throw more money away (to a good cause of course...) I am now taking donations! ;)

Pregnancy Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Ross has a maternity section and I bought a pair of jeans for $9.99 and a top for $8.99.
    image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Walmart.com is great for basics, but they don't have much selection.

ross is hit or miss....some of their maternity stuff is grossly age inappropriate.

I like japanese weekend pants for work.  They are sorta pricey but worth it and you won't understand what I mean until you put a pair on.

Target has a maxi skirt in the juniors department that is amazing. 

asos.com has some contemporary stuff

so far I have resorted to target long and lean tanks, cardigans, and empire waist dresses or tunics.

• Old Navy has maternity clothes online.  I haven't bought any yet but I think this week is the week I will be starting.
  • I purchased most my clothes at JcPenney in the maternity section. Also, I just bought a bunch of clothes at Wal-Mart.com but JcPenney has been my favorite so far for quality and comfort.
    imageimage Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageBrenna9481:
    Old Navy has maternity clothes online.  I haven't bought any yet but I think this week is the week I will be starting.
    I've bought some stuff from ON and I didn't like the leggings and everything else was big in the belly for me now.  But I'll grow into them.  I wear M pre preg and M usually fits me but ON was a little big. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • The Goodwill. My local Goodwill had a nice selection of pants for about 5 bucks a piece. Or Destination Maternity online has a good selection. 
  • Most department stores have a maternity section.  Those might be good places to check.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"