August 2011 Moms

CP - If your kiddo was born with hair, did you have heartburn?

Re: CP - If your kiddo was born with hair, did you have heartburn?

• Both my kids were born with a ton of hair and I had awful heartburn.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Nope, and Gabriel had plenty of hair at birth.

ETA: He did not have as much hair as OP's and Diana's!! 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Follow up question for those mom's of kids with hair: 

Are you using shampoo or Johnson's Head-to-Toe for Baby's hair??  I'm using the Head-to-Toe and wondering if that's why Scott's hair is always so fluffy.  My kid has a permanent mow hawk! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagelob:

Follow up question for those mom's of kids with hair: 

Are you using shampoo or Johnson's Head-to-Toe for Baby's hair?? 

We are using Johnson's Baby Shampoo.  Depending on whether I spike it (which makes it mohawk until we wash it again) or just let it dry normal (then it lays flat like in my siggy).  I've been debating using something else because her scalp seems a bit dry to me.

• imagemeetmow:
    imagelob:

We are using Johnson's Baby Shampoo.  Depending on whether I spike it (which makes it mohawk until we wash it again) or just let it dry normal (then it lays flat like in my siggy).  I've been debating using something else because her scalp seems a bit dry to me.

I comb DS's hair back...and it still spikes.  How are you getting to to lay flat? Thanks, btw.  I've been meaning to ask for a while...

• No heartburn but I had acid reflux pretty bad.

Also I use Mustela Shampoo, it makes his hair fluffy but I can brush it down so its flat

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Tons of hair.. Tons of heartburn! I just use J&J head to toe nighttime wash.
    Married: 3/01/08
    Baby Girl: 7/29/11
    Angel Baby: M/C 7/15/14 at 7wk
    BFP: 8/23/14 - Due 4/28/15  - It's a BOY!
  • I love all the cute baby hair. I didn't vote - DS has very little hair (and I had very little heartburn). I was looking forward to baby mohawks, but it will be months before he has anywhere near the amount of hair y'all's LOs have.

• imagelob:
    imagemeetmow:
    imagelob:

I comb DS's hair back...and it still spikes.  How are you getting to to lay flat? Thanks, btw.  I've been meaning to ask for a while...

I guess I don't think that I do anything specific to get it to lay flat.  Out of the bath we towel dry it and then let it air dry.  We don't brush it or anything, but it sticks up in the back no matter what we do.

I'm thinking that once it reaches a certain length it will start being too heavy to stick up.  However, Viv's hair is starting to curl up in the back it's so long and we've got it spiked straight up right now (it makes me giggle every time I look at it when it's spiked like that)!

• I am so jelous of how much hair you lo's have. Dd was born with a little hair but not as much as some of your babies and she lost it all. I had horrible acid reflux and heartburn.
  • DD was born with lots of hair and I had lots of heartburn to go with it!  Thank goodness for Zantac, otherwise I never would have slept.

We're using J&J Head to Toe and DD's hair lays flat after I brush it.

Pregnancy Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Max has SO much hair! And I had SO much heartburn. I've been using either Aveeno or Johnson's - I really like the Aveeno one! 
    BabyFruit Ticker   AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Some hair, no heartburn, but tons of reflux!!!!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagelob:

Are you using shampoo or Johnson's Head-to-Toe for Baby's hair??  I'm using the Head-to-Toe and wondering if that's why Scott's hair is always so fluffy.  My kid has a permanent mow hawk! 

I actually use Mustela and Burt's Bees hair and body wash.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Mine was born with a ton of hair and no heartburn for me.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Me (33) DH (32) WFHM * Coffee & Beach Addict *Running is my Paxil*
  • This is actually more than just an OWT, they have done some studies and found that it is true.  Here's a link to an article about it:  https://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/20/health/20really.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

I had tons of heartburn with DD, and she came out with a bunch of hair.  I had barely any heartburn with DS, and he doesn't have very much hair at all.  Definitely true for me.

• I voted SS both my DD's had a head full of hair, but with DD #1 I had no heartburn and with DD#2 I had horrible heartburn!
  • Lots of heartburn, lots of hair.. I envy those of you who have babies with hair that lays down! Hers is so curly, it just sticks up everywhere and when I have blowdried her hair, she kind of looked like a used car salesman, exhibit A:

I'm sure her hair will be ADORABLE once it's long enough to let the curls do their thing! :)

• My LO's hair sticks up.  I also figure time (length) will fix that.  My mom claims that it's my dad's cowlick manifesting, in which case, maybe LO is stuck with it

TTC#1 2003, 5 angels above, IVF-PGS-FET, DD b. Aug-2011

TTC#2 2012/13? FET

• adamnkel Same thing for me.  My LO had full fuzz but not thick full hair and I had horrible acid reflux.  
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I had no heartburn with either of my kiddos and both had TONS of hair! My first one had hair like Baby Scott..it stuck straight up, so freakin' cute! My brother had the same hair...there is NOTHING you can do to get it to lay flat. At about four months it got long enough (and heavy enough) that it laid down.  It also was long enough that he looked like either a girl or Joe Dirt...lol...so he got his first haircut.  My daughter has hair that lays flat and it's super dark...my son's was light "golden" (a mixture of reds and blondes, it's blonde now).  I love babies with lots of hair!  Oh and I just use the Johnson's head to toe...I have used the shampoo too just because, and don't notice much of a difference.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersiv>
  • Carmen has what I like to call "a fuzzy mullet" lol but I never had any heart burn, thank goodness!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"