1st Trimester

My house is a disaster... and I can't make it through a single evening out...

Blah!  6-7 weeks and I'm so nauseous and exhausted.  I get home from work and curl up in bed hoping not to throw up and just sleep.  My poor DH and DS are so neglected!  Anyone else just want to sleep through the 1st trimester? 

Any tips that have worked for you to get past the nausea and have enough energy to keep up with everything? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: My house is a disaster... and I can't make it through a single evening out...

• I don't have the nausea but my boobs hurt and I have some cramps I could do without. I would love to just sleep until Christmas. I would rather just skip to being as big as a house if I could.
  • Sorry don't have any advice for the energy but just let yourself sleep. You will hopefully feel better in the 2nd tri to get your house back in shape. I was that way my last pregnancy and it's extremely frustrating. I constantly sucked on preggie pops. They were the only thing that worked to help my nausea. Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • It'll pass.

My only tip is to remember that this is just a season.  For me, it didn't last the whole first trimester.  Just weeks 6-9.  It's much better now.  Order take out.  Buy frozen meals.  Ask for help from DH/mom/friend/neighbor to cook or clean.  Do the MUSTs and forget the WANTs.

• Yep. I pretty much such at being a mother and wife these days.

The house is a wreck, and just thinking about taking a shower makes me want a nap. I'm exhausted all.the.time.... I barely can cook these days, I haven't cleaned since before I got my BFP on Labor Day, and we haven't had sex since the day we were married (3 weeks ago).

I suck. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I know how you feel! And we are in the middle of moving this coming weekend. *sigh* It will pass. :@) Thats all I can say to myself. Thank goodness for my little 6 yr old girl. She can make Cereal, Waffles (eggos in toaster), Top Ramen & Corn dogs (in the microwave), Popcorn, Pb&J Sandwiches! Thank goodness cause other wise I don't know what these kids would have gotten for dinner some nights when I can't do anything but curl up in  ball to keep from puking, And she loves it! I usually let her help me so we didn't discover she could make all this stuff until she covered me up with a blanket while i was laying on the couch and said "Its ok mommy, Im making dinner so you just lay down and feel better." Melts my heart! I am now officially hoping this one is a girl since my 2 younger boys 4 and 2 have done nothing but jump on me and tell me I look awful! HAHAHA What can I say?.At least there honest.  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • For the nausea try B6 and Unisom, it was the only thing that helped me. Also, try sucking on some Lemonheads for some short-term relief. And if you have a "good" day try to make a huge meal that you can freeze one or two portions of to reheat on a bad day. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • So true! Good advice right there??Also I went and got me some ginger chews and Ginger hard candies, There hard to get used to the taste but if you disolve them in a cup of hot tea it hides the taste a little and they really do help.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageladdfamilyof6:

I know how you feel! And we are in the middle of moving this coming weekend. *sigh* It will pass. :@) Thats all I can say to myself. Thank goodness for my little 6 yr old girl. She can make Cereal, Waffles (eggos in toaster), Top Ramen & Corn dogs (in the microwave), Popcorn, Pb&J Sandwiches! Thank goodness cause other wise I don't know what these kids would have gotten for dinner some nights when I can't do anything but curl up in  ball to keep from puking, And she loves it! I usually let her help me so we didn't discover she could make all this stuff until she covered me up with a blanket while i was laying on the couch and said "Its ok mommy, Im making dinner so you just lay down and feel better." Melts my heart! I am now officially hoping this one is a girl since my 2 younger boys 4 and 2 have done nothing but jump on me and tell me I look awful! HAHAHA What can I say?.At least there honest.  

Your post made me laugh, I guess I should be greatful this is my first and the only person who gets neglected is my hubby. I can't imagine dealing with this and having other little ones at home. Bless you!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"