August 2011 Moms

Who has started losing their hair?

With DS it started coming by the gobs around 6-7 wks--but I weaned him at 6 wks and I heard that as long as you are nursing, it usually won't happen...so I'm a little miffed as to why I'm already losing quite a bit of hair =/ My hair is super thick/curly, so I don't mind feeling like I'm getting thinner hair--it's just the actual shedding that's annoying. Geez! Anyone else already noticing significant "shedding"?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Who has started losing their hair?

• Oh no! Does that happen to everyone? I don't have very thick hair to begin with...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageKD+BC:
    Oh no! Does that happen to everyone? I don't have very thick hair to begin with...

I believe so. I think it has something to do with how you don't really lose hair while pregnant--thus the "thicker" hair--so all that hair starts falling out post partum. You aren't actually losing that much, it just feels like it b/c it happens all at once. With DS it lasted until 5 or 6 months. It would clog our shower drain every day, and H was going NUTS--he'd get ticked off everytime he got in the shower, haha!

eta: here's a BabyCenter article about it: https://www.babycenter.com/0_postpartum-hair-loss_11721.bc

• Loading the player...
  • imagemegd06:

imageKD+BC:
    Oh no! Does that happen to everyone? I don't have very thick hair to begin with...

I believe so. I think it has something to do with how you don't really lose hair while pregnant--thus the "thicker" hair--so all that hair starts falling out post partum. You aren't actually losing that much, it just feels like it b/c it happens all at once. With DS it lasted until 5 or 6 months. It would clog our shower drain every day, and H was going NUTS--he'd get ticked off everytime he got in the shower, haha!

eta: here's a BabyCenter article about it: https://www.babycenter.com/0_postpartum-hair-loss_11721.bc

Interesting. Good to know!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Me!!! I'm pulling out handfuls and handfuls every morning in the shower. ugh!
  • You are not alone...I have enough hair in my brush and in the shower drain to make a wig! With both of my LOs it started falling out within a week of their arrival. I nursed DS until he was 14 months and remained on vitamins (which is supposed to help and ended up with a small bald spot near my forehead. The bald spot went away just in time for me to get pregnant with DD.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagedemmie326:
    You are not alone...I have enough hair in my brush and in the shower drain to make a wig! With both of my LOs it started falling out within a week of their arrival. I nursed DS until he was 14 months and remained on vitamins (which is supposed to help and ended up with a small bald spot near my forehead. The bald spot went away just in time for me to get pregnant with DD.

OMG that is terrifying...Tongue Tied

• Um, yes, mine definitely is coming out...and my hair is thin and overdue for a cut, so I feel as if I look like 'street corner mommy' unless I put some actual effort into doing my hair right now :/ and I think I should buy stock in Draino!
  • I lost globs and globs postpartum with Quentin. This time I haven't lost any...it's just really greasy. That's why I cut it all off!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Last week I noticed more of my hair on the brush.  I'm 2 mos pp and bfing.  I take it that could just be the beginning.  I met with a woman 5 mos pp and she warned me about hair loss as she picked out some of her strands.

TTC#1 2003, 5 angels above, IVF-PGS-FET, DD b. Aug-2011

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC#2 2012/13? FET

• I have been loosing my hair since being pregnant with her.  Didn't notice more since her birth though.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"