Babies: 3 - 6 Months

What was worth buying?

because i think i just spent $20 on a dog toy (sophie), and considering the bumbo but $50 for a foam seat? idk I would rather put good money into a jumper and fun light up toys or something
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket

Re: What was worth buying?

• The bumbo falls under the Buy it off Craigslist or Borrow from a Friend category. Same goes for jumperoo!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • For some reason Sophie is the only teething toy DS will actually chew on, I have no idea why! So it's worth it for us, although I'm pretty sure it was a shower gift.  Bumbo is hit or miss depending on the child, my guy loves to be in in, but I don't know how long they actually use it for.  I'd see if you can get a used one from a friend or online.  Not sure about a jumparoo, don't have one, and haven't yet used the exersaucer, he's still too small for it, but I think he's going to love it since he has a blast on his play mat
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • i wish i could borrow stuff but my sister who wants to hand me down everything she has (and she has a lot! babies are spoiled to the core) lives in FL and I'm in NY,I want to move back home so bad! Rent is so expensive here and poor LO has barely any room for much so we have to pick and choose the best
  • I need SOMETHING asap LO wants to stand up on my lap all day long and my arms are killing me
  • How about a baby carrier? I finally pulled mine out the other day and he loved being in it, looking around at everything while I did little things around the house.  
  • imageAZ123:
    The bumbo falls under the Buy it off Craigslist or Borrow from a Friend category. Same goes for jumperoo!

This. I put off getting a bumbo for a long time because I thought it was overrated, but DS wanted so badly to sit up that he would cry when I'd lay him down to go to the bathroom or something. I finally caved and got a Bumbo for $15 off of craigslist and am SO glad that I did. I tote that thing all over the house with me and he happily sits and watches me fold laundry, prepare food, etc. I consider it a must-have, but there's no reason to get a brand new one. It's super easy to disinfect a used one.  

• imageBabyBoyNYC:
    I need SOMETHING asap LO wants to stand up on my lap all day long and my arms are killing me

What about an exersaucer? I just ordered one for $49.99 with free shipping off of amazon. 

• We have a jumperoo and DS loves it but only tolerates it for 5-10 minutes at a time. I bought a bumbo a couple months ago but DS's legs were too big for the openings! I was very upset. :(

• Love our Bumbo!  But we got it at our shower.  I say buy it off craigslist for about half the price.

We don't have the sophie.  I'm thinking about though.

• Sophie is worth it.  My son loves chewing on it.

I would borrow and/or buy a used Bumbo.  Not worth the full price.  He loves his jumperoo, swing, and all his crinkly noise making toys.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Every baby is different.  What one baby adores, another could care less.  My opinion: the more you buy off Craigslist, or borrow from a friend, the better.

With that said. DS...

Could care less about his Sophie
    Loves his jumperoo
    Would tolerate his bumbo, but only for 5 minutes
    Loves his swing (best.investment.by.far)

• Her playmat and my Moby wrap/Girasol woven.

My daughter loves playing on that thing, and the toys are removable so she can chew on them. And without my Moby/wraps, I don't know what I would have done. All were reasonably priced and seriously worth the money for the amount of use I've gotten out of them! :-)

• We have the Summer Infant 3 stage super seat - the seat itself can kinda act like a bumbo and it grows with LO.  It can be used as a booster seat when they are a toddler and is really great for sticking LO in when you need to free up your hands for a bit (I love it for when I am cooking dinner or DD#1 and I are eating lunch).
  • imageBabyBoyNYC:
    I need SOMETHING asap LO wants to stand up on my lap all day long and my arms are killing me

This was us until we got the jumperoo... DS LOOOOOOOOVVVVVVEEES it... completely worth it if you have an active baby...

ETA: DS will stay in it up to 45 min 1-2x daily

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Photobucket
  • Sophie was well worth it. DS is always playing with it when I had it to him. (He is almost 6 months). He hold Sophie for an amazing amount of time when he will actually throw everything else after a few minutes. It's insane. I think it was worth it for us!!
    Kayeigh Garrett
  • We have both.  I bought Sophie after so many recs from different moms and we registered and received the Bumbo as a gift.  LO likes the Bumbo, but I don't think I would have bought it if we didn't get it as a gift.  I think it also depends on how big your child is, I've seen some people complain that their LO's legs are too big to fit in the chair so for them it was a bust.
    BFP #1: 9/26/10 DD: 5/2011
    BFP #2: 7/23/14 - MC: 8/28/14
    BFP #3: 2/22/15 - MC: 3/3/15
    BFP #4: 5/20/15 - Stick baby stick!!!
  • Sophie is worth the money--trust me.  This is my second child who has owned one and they both loved it.  Even went to doc's offices with us and always in the car.  Trust me--you'll be glad you got it. 

Bumbo--hmmm....yeah, I paid like $50 and it wasn't worth it for DS1 much but for DS2 it has been ok.....  if you can find it used, great.

I got one of those smaller travel size swings---LOVE it.  Got it used but would have paid full price. 

Activity mats--those are awesome---they skeeve me out to buy used.  I know how much my kid has spit up on them and they are tough to wash.

• I got our Bumbo for $5 at a rummage sale and I got Sophie as a shower gift. I never would have spent the money on them myself.
  • Zooey loves her activity chair...we have this one https://www.walmart.com/ip/Bright-Starts-Pink-Bounce-A-Bout-Activity-Center/10782628

and I recently bought this as well as she gets tired of standing sometimes https://www.walmart.com/ip/Bright-Starts-Pink-Bounce-A-Bout-Activity-Center/10782628

but she spends more time in the standing one than in the sitting one as she also loves to stand!!

We have a bouncer but we haven't put it together and put her in it yet, I think Zooey will love it though.  I also am interested in this Sophie that people are talking about...looks like that will be my next purchase.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I was contemplating the Bumbo and decided on the Baby Einstein Jumperoo for my LO. She loves it! I love it because she's not just sitting there she has lots of things to keep her busy. She seems to learn something new about it each time we put her in. Now she's able to reach the floor so hopefully soon she'll learn to jump or at least turn around without having to pull herself around. Smile Hope this helps!
  • bumbo is not worth the price

my DS loves his jumperoo and the exersauce (at daycare). we also have a walker with toys attached and he likes those too.

definitely get something with toys or interactive. DS likes things that light up or make noise when touched. 

• imageBabyBoyNYC:
    get one of those doorway jumpers.  We got one when DS1 was 5 months old and we were on vacation. It worked well enough.
  • my friend lent us her bumbo. i would not pay 50 bucks for it.  sophie? worth. every. single. penny.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemmkaye:

Sophie is worth it.  My son loves chewing on it.

I would borrow and/or buy a used Bumbo.  Not worth the full price.  He loves his jumperoo, swing, and all his crinkly noise making toys.

All of this.  We only got a few weeks use out of the bumbo, however, Sophie goes everywhere with us.  He LOVES her.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageAZ123:
    The bumbo falls under the Buy it off Craigslist or Borrow from a Friend category. Same goes for jumperoo!

this exactly 

• imagejackieboyd:

We have a jumperoo and DS loves it but only tolerates it for 5-10 minutes at a time. I bought a bumbo a couple months ago but DS's legs were too big for the openings! I was very upset. :(

I didn't even think of this! DS has thick juicy thighs so I'm wondering if we'd have the same issue!Indifferent

• Our son rarely uses his bumbo, but loves the jumparoo. He can play in it for a good 20-30 minutes-just enough time to get laundry folded or dishes washed. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Sometimes the simplest toys are the best!!  We all know that kids often love the packaging better than the toy, and too many lights and bells and whistles overwhelm babies anyway.

I bought the bumbo and sophie because they've both been around forever, unchanging, and people swear by them.  That's worth more to me than a pair of batteries.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

IAmPregnant Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"