3rd Trimester
Options

Going to be induced... nervous!

I have been waiting and waiting for weeks and now they say they want to induce me by Saturday which I am kinda nervous about. Would like to hear from other moms out there who have under gone inducement.

I just don't know what exactly to expect since this is my first child.

Re: Going to be induced... nervous!

• Options
    You definitely don't want to hear my story, but I'm sure yours will go great! Good luck!
    imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I haven't been (still at 33w w/ #1), but I'm just curious.... do you have any progress before the induction?  effacement, dilation, etc?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm being induced monday. It will be ok, there are both good and bad stories out there, I am just not one for listening to them at all. Good luck and I am sure you'll do great!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I don't have any advice since I'm a 1st time mom-to-be...but wanted to say good luck to you!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

everyone has good and bad experiences.  you'll be fine and do a wonderful job.  just dont be afraid to ask a bunch of questions as they are doing things.   a few of my friends were induced and they were just fine and had a great delivery.

Good luck and early congrats for saturday!

AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • Options
    I was induced at 38 weeks due to PIH and it ended in a c-section.  I wasn't effaced at all though and was only 1 cm dilated.  I would hope at 42 weeks you are further along.  I think the more effaced and dilated you are the better your body responds to the induction.  That being said, the c-section really wasn't the end of the world for me and my recovery has been great.  I was up and about in less than a week.
  • Options
    I was induced at 42 weeks with DD and was barely dilated (a fingertip). I was able to deliver vaginally and had a (relatively) uneventful labor. DD was under stress at one point and I also got sick while pushing (vomiting, spiked high fever, etc.) but ultimately it went well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"