1st Trimester

How to avoid stretch marks **tip**

My secret to avoiding stretch marks with my first two children was using pompian oil. I rubbed it on my stomach especially when it would itch ( try to avoid itching at all cost). I'm proud to say that I do not have any stretch marks on my tummy or breast. Not to brag, but I don't even look like I have had any kids because of using this. I plan to use pompian oil with this pregnancy as well. I know that this may sound silly, but you can find it at the grocery store on the isle where they sell crisco oil.  Just thought that I would share a little advice.

Re: How to avoid stretch marks **tip**

• Another way is to pick a mom who didn't have stretch marks when she was pg w/you...little harder to do, but more relevant: genes play a role in whether you get them or not.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I thought stretch marks were something you couldn't prevent?

You might just not be the type of person who even gets stretch marks.

MY FOUR ANGELS... M/C 12/26/02 AT 4 WEEKS M/C 12/31/07 AT 12 WEEKS, D & C M/C 12/5/08 AT 9 WEEKS, D & C ***BFP ON 3/26/09*** MARY REYNA BORN AND PASSED AWAY JULY 31ST, 2009 AT 23 WEEKS. GOODBYE SWEET BABY...I WILL MISS YOU FOREVER. ***AFTER 17 WEEKS ON BEDREST*** Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Genetics have more to do with getting stretch marks than anything else.  But, if someone is looking for a new lotion to try than they can add that one to the list.  I'd just hate for someone to think they have stretch marks, because they picked the wrong lotion to use.
  • I'm not sure if thats true, because my mom and all of my sisters have stretch marks.  I really didn't want to have them on my body, and a friend told me about pompian oil, and I used it and I do not have not one stretch mark.

• well considering its in my genes it doesn't really matter how much of what lotion i rub on my belly.  i'm going to get them regardless.  has to be nice for all those out there who don't have the stretch mark genes.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Here's a tip - stretch marks tend to be genetic.
  • I've also heard that Palmers cocoa butter formula helps.  I know that stretch marks are genetic, but I will try ANYTHING to prevent them!!  I'll have to add pompian oil onto my list!  Did you start putting this on once you noticed your tummy (as well as other things!) was growing, or did you start right away??
  • Pompian .... and you get it in the aisle where the Crisco is?

Are you talking about Pompeiian olive oil??

• I starting using it when around 4 months. I when my belly was stretching it would itch real bad, and I didn't scratch it because that will make the stretch marks spread. I'm not saying that this technique will work for everyone, it just worked for me. I mean my mom and all of my sisters have stretch marks, and I didn't want it and I don't have them!
  • yes..pompiian olive oil..
  • Considering I get stretch marks when I hit puberty, I didn't hold out much hope of not getting them in pregnancy.  My first pg I barely got any, until I had the baby then they magically showed up after deliver--talk about annoying!  I actually tried to avoid them that preg w/ lotion, etc.  With pg #2 I go only a couple more & didn't put lotion or anything at all on my stomach...I now w/ #3 I suspect a few will be creaping above my waist line (belly button) unfortunately.  I don't care enough to grease myself down everyday...LOL! 
    AKA Carol*Brady! IHO my upcoming 10yr Nestiversary--Back to old screenname. My own Marsha, Jan & Cindy... imageDesigning a Life Blog
  • If you're going to get them, there's nothing you can do to prevent it.  Oils and lotions only help with the itching.  I've been told this by two different OBs.
  • Yep, I got some during puberty as well.  I guess, because of that, I don't get the kind of stress pregnant women put themselves through over stretch marks.  They really are not a big deal, and fade with time.
  • imagefreemand_23:
    I didn't scratch it because that will make the stretch marks spread.

seriously???????????????

Confused

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • ladies this isn't a Debate..This is only a suggestion! If you feel that this information is not useful to you, do yourself a favor and move on. Thanks, but no thanks!
  • imagemollymurphy:
    Another way is to pick a mom who didn't have stretch marks when she was pg w/you...little harder to do, but more relevant: genes play a role in whether you get them or not.

Beat me to it. I was going to share my "secret" - my mother's genes.

*** It's funny because I'm fat ***
  • imageAngieandTony:

imagefreemand_23:

seriously???????????????

Confused

No.  Stretch marks do not spread, because you scratch them. 

• Once again, if you feel that it is your genes thats your business! However, I'm only making suggestions to women who think that this may help them. Do whatever you feel! I but I'm only speaking from my experience! I come from a family who has stretch marks, so what! I don't like them personally! If you feel that its not that big of a deal then that is you then that is perfectly fine by me..This is only for ladies who may feel that this information may be useful..go read another post if this doesn't interest you...
  • My intent was not to debate.  I'd just hate for someone, especially if they are dealing with self esteem issues because of stretch marks, beating themselves up thinking that they should have slathered themselves in olive oil.  Because, most likely they would still have stretch marks. 

If lotions comfort itching I'm all for it.  But, most doctors will tell you that topical treatments do not keep you from getting stretch marks. 

• imagectab:
    imageAngieandTony:

imagefreemand_23:

seriously???????????????

Confused

No.  Stretch marks do not spread, because you scratch them. 

i know that silly, hence the eye roll  ;)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • No self-esteem issues here, and personally I don't see how that relates to anything that I'm suggesting! Everyone has their likes and dislikes, don't they? I really don't see how that can affect ones self-esteem! I'm sure theres somethings things that you don't like about yourself? However, that shouldn't make you loose self-confidence? Please, go read another post..because frankly you people are taking this way out of context!
  • I love my stretch marks.  I have them because I scratched my tummy when it itched.  And my boobs when they got bigger.  And my ass when it got fatter. 

Stretchmarks are not a rash, they do not spread when you scratch them.

• imagefreemand_23:
    No self-esteem issues here, and personally I don't see how that relates to anything that I'm suggesting! Everyone has their likes and dislikes, don't they? I really don't see how that can affect ones self-esteem! I'm sure theres somethings things that you don't like about yourself? However, that shouldn't make you loose self-confidence? Please, go read another post..because frankly you people are taking this way out of context!

You misunderstood me.  I wasn't talking about you having low self-esteem.  I meant that there could be someone reading this thread that has stretch marks from a previous pregnancy, and they give her self-esteem issues.  I would hate for that person to think she should have just slathered herself with olive oil.  Or, I'd hate for someone that already has lotion that works perfectly well for itchy skin running out and blowing money on olive oil that according to doctors isn't going to make one lick of difference in whether or not they get stretch marks. 

• imagefreemand_23:
    ladies this isn't a Debate..This is only a suggestion! If you feel that this information is not useful to you, do yourself a favor and move on. Thanks, but no thanks!

You are (in order of importance)

1. Completely misinformed and/or uneducated about stretchmarks

2.  Absolutely bragging (don't kid yourself there)

3.  A douchebag

Thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Keegan Patrick - Bilateral Clubfeet found at Anatomy Scan. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker www.facebook.com/portraitave

• 100% sure proof way to avoid strech marks is.......................................................................................................................................

Don't get pregnant or fat.

Whoops--- I am currently doing both , oh well!

Mom of 3 year old, one year old and one on the way (due late Summer 2013).
  • If I were you, I'd be less concerned with stretch  marks & far more worried that you might pass that stupid gene on to your child.
  • imagefreemand_23:
    ladies this isn't a Debate..This is only a suggestion! If you feel that this information is not useful to you, do yourself a favor and move on. Thanks, but no thanks!

Oh no she didn't!

• imageBlairWaldorf:
    If I were you, I'd be less concerned with stretch  marks & far more worried that you might pass that stupid gene on to your child.

LMAO!  ((Blair)) I lurves ya'!  :)

• imageBlairWaldorf:
    If I were you, I'd be less concerned with stretch  marks & far more worried that you might pass that stupid gene on to your child.
  • That's great.

Also maybe, just maybe you got your "lucky" genetics from the other 1/2 of your DNA, your FATHER?  He didn't carry a baby so maybe it's HIS genitics that alllow you to not get stretch marks?

I got them.  So did my sister, my mother didn't.  My dad's sister and mother got them...my moms mom didn't....interesting how we are made up of 2 different DNA strands.

• Why in gods name would one brand of olive oil be better than the others? For flavor yes, but streach marks? That is just silly. If you are going to get streach marks you will get them regardless of how much olive oil you rub into your skin. Scratching your itchy tummy is also not going to give you streach marks. All the olive oil does is moisturize your skin so it isn't as itchy.
  • Wait, wait, wait...you mean I could have avoided getting stretch marks at puberty if I had just rubbed olive oil all over my body and not scratched?! And all this time I thought I got stretch marks bc it's in the genes. Wow, I guess all that medical advice I got was wrong. Thanks for clearing that up for me.
  • imageJessimurph:

imagefreemand_23:

You are (in order of importance)

1. Completely misinformed and/or uneducated about stretchmarks

2.  Absolutely bragging (don't kid yourself there)

3.  A douchebag

Thanks!

Jessimurph - come to third tri.   :)

• Do you own stock in Pompeian Olive Oil?
  • "Do you own stock in Pompeian Olive Oil?"

Probably not. She can't even spell it. 

• From the same people who brought you "Old Wifes Tale" brand deli meats I give you...

• imagefreemand_23:

Or you could do US a favor and not spread stupid shit rumors

• OMG!!

You guys are SO mean!!!

She was trying to be helpful!!!  I can see hormones are kicking in, I would hate to think some of you are this hateful naturally!

B

• imagebrandingardner:

OMG!!

You guys are SO mean!!!

She was trying to be helpful!!!  I can see hormones are kicking in, I would hate to think some of you are this hateful naturally!

B

On the contrary, I am quite lovable naturally.

• Its true.

She gives spankens Wink 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"