Pregnant after a Loss

Dark yellowish-brown spotting...

TMI alert!

Just went to the bathroom (#2) and when I wiped there was a lot of dark yellowish-brown (sort of mustard-y color) spotting on the TP. 

Sort of like this color...

I've been having some light tan-light brown spotting on and off since last Wednesday, but I've never seen it this color. 

Anyone have this before? 

ETA: Color Swatch! haha!

Me: 39 DH: 35 - TTC #1 since October 2010
BFP #1 2-1-11 Missed Miscarriage 3-14-11(9 wks)-D&C
BFP #2 9-17-11 EDD 5-29-12
Edward James born 3-14-12 weighing 1lb11oz at 29w1d via c section due to low fluid and growth restriction from crappy placenta.
My BFP Chart
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers <a href="http://s1088.photobucket.com/albums/i339/sbphotos1/?action=view

Re: Dark yellowish-brown spotting...

• I have bright yellow CM because of the bright yellow suppositories. Are you taking progesterone suppositories? That could be affecting the color.

9 angels in heaven-3 in my arms and 1 in the NICU                                                                                                                                    
    Mono/di twin girls: Josephine born to heaven and Evangeline born Earthside at 25w

• imagexnbride:
    I have bright yellow CM because of the bright yellow suppositories. Are you taking progesterone suppositories? That could be affecting the color.

Nope..no suppositories.  

Edward James born 3-14-12 weighing 1lb11oz at 29w1d via c section due to low fluid and growth restriction from crappy placenta.
    My BFP Chart
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers <a href="http://s1088.photobucket.com/albums/i339/sbphotos1/?action=view
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't know if I would call that spotting... I've had different colored CM come out of me... clear, white, yellowish (and it could probably be called mustardy).

image Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

Justin + Laura 10.18.08
    TTC #1 09.10/Dx PCOS 12.10/BFP #1 12.29.10/EDD 9.10.11/Missed m/c 2.3.11/D&C 2.15.11
    “Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.”-Kahlil Gibran
    Cycle #1 4.2.11 + Clomid = BFN/Cycle #2 5.9.11 + Clomid + Trigger Shot = TWINS! 
    Walter Allen and Eleanor Joan 1.15.12
    Another baby on the way! 8.25.14

• If you have an overload on B vitamins they are water soluble and so you pee the extras out....making urine super super yellow/mustard color.  I've had a range of CM lately, most of the time whitish but there has most def. been dark yellow in there too.....doesn't really concern me, but somehow I've entered this zen state of mind and I'm really trying not to over think anything and fall out of it!
    ? J + J = 5/29/10.?
    TTC since 8/2010. Irregular cycles after stopping BCP.
    1st BFP! 3/26/11. Missed M/C - D&C 5/2/11.
    Always missed: Our little Blueberry. It's Never Over.
    2nd BFP! 9/3/11 on last unmedicated cycle! EDD: 5/11/12
    1stBeta @13DPO = 289, 2ndBeta @15DPO = 619!
    ? Clementine Lorraine, we love you so much already! ?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagelauralew:
    I don't know if I would call that spotting... I've had different colored CM come out of me... clear, white, yellowish (and it could probably be called mustardy).

I hope you're right.  Def doesn't look like blood of any kind...it was just weird.  It's not on my panty liner (totes been wearing one since last week so I can really see what's happening)...

My BFP Chart
  • imageoctober_artist:
    If you have an overload on B vitamins they are water soluble and so you pee the extras out....making urine super super yellow/mustard color.  I've had a range of CM lately, most of the time whitish but there has most def. been dark yellow in there too.....doesn't really concern me, but somehow I've entered this zen state of mind and I'm really trying not to over think anything and fall out of it!

I am familiar with the B vitamin/yellow pee thing as I am taking a B complex.  This def wasn't pee though.  Plus, I take the vitamins at night, so the yellow is gone by this time and my pee is clear from drinking so much water.

Hoping it's nothing to worry about. Sigh.

My BFP Chart
  • I am in LOVE with the fact you posted a color swatch for us!! Hilarious.

But for real, I wouldn't worry too much about it if I were you. Just mention it to your OB at the next appt to be sure, but I'm sure it's okay.

Another blogger! My Life in Transition.

Married 05.27.07
    BFP#1 - 07.07.09 | EDD 03.14.10 | Truman Anthony born @38w 03.01.10
    BFP#2 - 03.24.11 | EDD 11.29.11 | missed MC found @9w 04.26.11 | D&C @16w 06.13.11
    BFP#3 - 09.17.11 | EDD 05.29.12 | It's a girl!!!
    My BFP Chart
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
    **my labor buddy is Sweepie412**

• Maybe from your Prenatal Vitamins?  I have funky colored pee the first couple times I go after I have taken my vitamin...maybe that could be mixing in with your cm??

BFP #2 7/20/11 ** EDD: 3/28/12: IT'S A BOY!
    BFP #1 12/30/10 ** EDD: 9/6/11** H/B stopped at 10w 6d conf on 2/22/11 ** D&C 2/24/11.
    Congrats to my Labor Buddy LoriJ11, baby Elise born 2/24/12
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagewilliams4me:

Maybe from your Prenatal Vitamins?  I have funky colored pee the first couple times I go after I have taken my vitamin...maybe that could be mixing in with your cm??

Took my vitamins last night at 10pm.  By now I've gone through 64 oz of water, so my pee is crystal clear this afternoon.   Plus, this was def a dark, matte, spotting not the yellow of pee.

I was hoping tons of people would pile in with "OH yeah, the mustard color cm totally happened to me too!" haha.  Oh well.  Onward and upward.  Just keep breathing. 

My BFP Chart
  •  I have the same issue and I was like what the HELL. Cause I have been pregnant 3 times and this is the only time it has happened. I was googling and some ladies had this problem with their prenatal vitamins. I read my bottle and it does say it may cause changes in poo or pee, but I figure it would do it to my CM too. As long and you have had your pap and are cleared from all infections and its not blood discharge or cramping you should be okay.  I plan to ask my dr anyway but I think its okay.
  • imagemrs.julia.goolia:

I am in LOVE with the fact you posted a color swatch for us!! Hilarious.

Haha I thought that was pretty funny.

GreenHood Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Love the color swatch!  Did it smell?  It can be a sign of infection that needs to be cleared up with antibiotics.  I'd let your dr know, just to be on the safe side.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had the same thing & first my doc said it could be old blood but as it turned out I had a miscarriage Please go get it checked out for sure..
    GiGi.... due in march with my first
  • Ha!  Lol color swatch.  I have had this.  Not a lot at all, just on tp.  I ended up calling, and because I didn't have any other symptoms of infections, they weren't worried.  I've seen one other post about this on first tri, so we aren't alone. 

I've been experimenting wiht drinking LOTS of water, to see if I'm dehydrated, but then the discharge just becomes lighter yellow mustard. And it is always... thicker? not very wet or creamy.

Anyway... I've had it for 2 weeks this fri, when i go in for my intake visit.  I plan on asking them again about it... it just doesn't seem normal.....

BFP#1 EDD 11/8/11 - MC @ 9w6d, 4/15/11 we said goodbye
    BFP#2 DD arrived 5/7/12
  • imagemeeko1985:

Ha!  Lol color swatch.  I have had this.  Not a lot at all, just on tp.  I ended up calling, and because I didn't have any other symptoms of infections, they weren't worried.  I've seen one other post about this on first tri, so we aren't alone. 

I've been experimenting wiht drinking LOTS of water, to see if I'm dehydrated, but then the discharge just becomes lighter yellow mustard. And it is always... thicker? not very wet or creamy.

Anyway... I've had it for 2 weeks this fri, when i go in for my intake visit.  I plan on asking them again about it... it just doesn't seem normal.....

Phew!  I'm so happy someone else can relate.  I'm definitely going to ask about it if it happens again before my appointment next Wednesday.  Mine was a lot on the tp just that one time and then nothing for the rest of the day/evening.  Believe me, I'm checking all the time.  

My BFP Chart
  • I had it too! I mentioned it to my doctor at my 12 week appt because I was also freaked out, but she didn't seem concerned because she heard the h/b with the doppler, but she did a culture just to make sure it wasn't an infection (it wasn't). Now it has gone away. I did have a subchorionic hematoma that had healed several weeks before, so maybe it was leftover from that and finally worked its way through the CM? Not sure.
    Pregnancy Ticker  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"