2nd Trimester

how much weight have you gained?

(i want to start by saying, if you have lost weight, keep it to yourself. i'm sorry if you're sick or whatever, but i'm cranky and fat and i don't want to hear it.)

anyway:

as of my appointment today i have gained 9 pounds total. (i say it's really 7.5, because i weighed myself at home without jeans and shoes, but whatever)

my doc said that it was fine, that i was on track and should gain 30 to 35 total, but god, i feel like a flippin' whale.

what about you? what have you gained? what do you want/plan to gain total? second-time moms, gaining faster or slower this time?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: how much weight have you gained?

• eh, by 14 weeks I had already gained 20 lbs.  I'm now up 28 lbs. You are fine!  I would say that is right in line with what the doc expects for you.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I am 24 weeks 5 days and have gained 15 pounds. I was already close to 200 so im hoping to not gain much more.
  • Loading the player...
  • 3lbs so far but I look like I've gained 20!

TTC#1 12/09
    LO #1 3/12
    TTC#2 9/12
    BFP #2 6/14 ended in CP
    BFP #3 12/14
    DX CCAM @ 20w
    Baby girl EDD 8/22/15

• I'm up 3 lbs. so far which is probably pretty similar to last time.  It doesn't really matter what you want and you can't really plan to gain a certain amount.  Your body is going to do what it needs to do.  I gained 35 lbs. the first time so I assume I'll probably gain 30-35 with this one.  All the weight came off gradually without much work so I'm not that concerned about it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

med-free birth x2, breastfeeding, baby wearing SAHM
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My BFP Chart

• Just weighed myself today...up 10 pounds.
  • I just go by my at home scale too :)

I've gained around 8 pounds so far, I had a normal BMI before pregnancy so was told to aim for anywhere from 25 to 35 pounds. I'm only 5'3" so ideally would like to stay on the lower end!

• I'm up 2 lbs, but with the way I've been eating I'll be up several more by my next appt.  The last 2 days I have been eating like crazy!!!!!

I think I'm gaining at about the same speed I did with DS. I gained WAY more towards the end. I was up 32lbs total with him. I'm hoping to not gain quite that much this time, but I'm sure I will...oh well.

imageimage
    m/c '08 DS born 8-13-09 2 m/c in '11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 17 lbs here...it's my first too, been really worried about gaining too much weight, but the doctor hasnt really showed any concern yet.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Oh GOD, I kept reading "3 lbs" and I'm thinking, "What am I doing wrong?!"  But then I looked at your tickers and saw that most of you are at the beginning of the second trimester. WHEW.  I was worried!

• Im at 6-8 pounds depending on the day now

BFP 1/4/2014 EDD September 14 2014

• I've gained about 10. I don't plan on gaining more than 30 if I can help it.
  • I have gained 17 pounds so far. I found out I was pregnant right after my wedding, so I was at my tiniest.  Probably too little (115, 5'7).  I feel huge, but the doctor has not said anything about it.  I think you are right on track as well. :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • two lbs Here, my doc said my goal is 25-35 (starting out at 128 5'5)and if I was trying for the lower end to have gained about 3 by my next visit which is in a week.  But I think some people go through spurts where they gain a bunch and some gain steadily everyone is different, If I feel fat or bloated I eat more healthy and cut out salt, it makes me feel better.
  • 4 pounds so far...but I'm 5 2" about 175 pre pregnancy. So, I really am paranoid about gaining too much. Since I'm a big girl I was told "ideal" weight gain for me is only 15-20 pounds. Since I had no m/s, i didn't get to lose weight from puking my guts out. I think I have the nicest fetus ever. I was very tired for 6 weeks, and now my skin is broken out. But it that is the worst thing that happens to me, I'll concider myself lucky. Fat or not.
  • So far I've gained 3-4.

With my first pregnancy I gained about 35-40 pounds.

I would love to gain 30 total, but as long as I don't go over the poundage from last time (because I now know I can come back from it) I'll be happy.

• Oh yeah, I refuse to pay attention to my weight like that, but I'm sure it's around 15 pounds by now.  My booty is larger than life now. -_-

• As of my last appointment (15 weeks), I had only gained a total of 3 pounds. At my appointment today (at 19w5d), I had gained a total of 10 pounds. I gained 7 pounds in 5 weeks!! I was not thrilled. My OB said that she's not worried about it and that as long as I don't gain 7 pounds between all of my appointments, I should be fine. She said that she wants me to gain about 25-35 pounds total.
  • imagekes487:
    Oh yeah, I refuse to pay attention to my weight like that, but I'm sure it's around 15 pounds by now.  My booty is larger than life now. -_-

the nurse who weighs me always says, "up [however many] pounds since last time." she says it in a mock-cheerful way.

i want to say, "just don't tell me, and i'll keep my eyes closed when i weigh, okay?"

at my 2 month appointment i had only gained 2, so i gained 6 or 7 in the last month.

• Hey, that's what I tell mine.  I say, "I seriously don't care to know," and then I turn my head.  Heck, if my doctor had a problem, I'm sure he'd say something, right? lol

• I haven't looked at my weight since my 14-week appointment. I definitely started packing it on earlier this pregnancy, but I was definitely more hungry my first trimester with this pregnancy.  Its just not worth obsessing over and I know I will.  I'm eating a pretty balanced diet and trying to take it easy so I don't get pre-e again.  Besides, the weight is only temporary.
  • you want to feel better- done. I gained 27lbs and I'm 20 weeks.
  • I have gained 3 pounds so far. Well at least I was up 3 pounds two weeks ago. I feel like I am probably going to be up another 3 or 4 pounds at my 18 week appointment. This is my 1st baby and I am hoping to gain no more than 25 pounds. We will see!
  • zero so far.  25 weeks.

However, I started out at a size 12/14 and 185 pounds when I got pregnant. 

• At 15 weeks, I had gained 4 pounds.

From 21-26 weeks, where I am currently, I have not gained a single pound.

But from 15-21 weeks, I gained 13 pounds. 

So 17 total.  Got a little nervous about my fast gain last month, but now I am a little nervous that I am not gaining.  It physically hurts me to eat too much food.  I am eating such small portions.  I am not sick at all, but it feels like my stomach may explode and it hurts to move when I eat too much.

Layla 01.08.12

Chloe and Vivian 07.23.13

My Gang.  Halloween 2013

• none. which is amazing, considering the amount of crap I've shoved in my mouth over the past 5 weeks. I'm definitely bigger, though.
  • i was 185 before i was prego then went down to 160 and now ive only gained 2 pounds.....i look the BEST ive EVER looked in my life....altho i wish i had a baby bump im sure it will come soon!!!! IT BETTER!!!!!! lol
  • This is my second child. I'll be 5 months this friday and I've gained (since the last check up) 10 lbs total.  I figured I would have gained more but theres been a huge difference in this pregnancy. Alot of grease makes me sick to my stomach. Love spicy foods but they give me heartburn. Not to mention I've had a 3.5 yr old DD to run around. But I feel alot bigger than I am. to me I look like I've gained 30 lbs. But my doctor said that the best for me is to try and keep my weight gain around 20 lbs
    Wedding Countdown Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've gained 4 lbs. I gained 15 when I was pg with DS,  Im hoping to gain around the same. I'm smaller pre preg. now then I was when I got preg with DS....so heres to hoping.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I've only gained two so far.  I'm very thankful and hope I don't pack it on too much in the coming weeks!
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm up 18. Whatever....I spent my last pregnancy stressing about weight to the point of purposely scheduling my appointments in the morning and only eating watermelon until after my appointment. Not worth it. It doesn't matter as long as you are healthy and the baby is healthy. Plus it melts off fast after, especially if you breastfeed.

Good luck ladies! You are all beautiful! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • None yet - last time I lost 1st tri, gained a ton 2nd tri, then only a few lbs 3rd tri so I guess that's what I'm expecting again.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• imagegoodgollie:
    I haven't looked at my weight since my 14-week appointment. I definitely started packing it on earlier this pregnancy, but I was definitely more hungry my first trimester with this pregnancy.  Its just not worth obsessing over and I know I will.  I'm eating a pretty balanced diet and trying to take it easy so I don't get pre-e again.  Besides, the weight is only temporary.

This is me exactly... I was borderline underweight at the start (126lbs and 5'9") and had to eat like a wolf for weeks. Now I'm 14lbs (whoa!!!) up as of yesterday. Every time I see my doc he says it's perfect. The way I know it's ok is bc all my normal clothes fit - minus the belly area - and I wear size 1 prego pants... :) sorry had to brag on that... Hope it stays that way.

• I am up about 12 lbs...and I was overweight to start.  I am really not worried about it.  I gained 35 lbs with Lily and lost it all in the first few weeks.  

I really wish people would stop worrying about their weight so much.  

Lilypie - (ZESJ)Lilypie - (QAi1)

• I'm up 12 pounds already, but I gained 9 of it in my first 5 weeks. Between my 4 week and 5 week appointment, I gained 4 pounds somehow.  It's been steadily rising since then.  I feel that I'm active and eating (for the most part) healthy, so I'm not too worried.
    Micah Leonard
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Almost 22 weeks and I'm up 18 pounds.  I don't remember well the rate at which I gained weight last time, but it was probably faster because I was a little underweight and I actually ended up gaining a little more than I was supposed to.  At least I didn't start out underweight this time.
  • The week before I realized I was pregnant I had gained 5 lbs., so I don't know if that should count or not. :)  Since finding out I've gained another 7 lbs.  At my last week my dr. told me I have to watch my weight because I was gaining too much, which I don't think is the case at all.  I have been eating smaller portions (get full faster) and much healthier (more fruit & veggies).  Granted, I haven't been exercising, but I never did, and have less motivation pregnant when I'm always tired.  
    Pregnancy TickerBabyFruit Ticker
  • I know what you mean these past two weeks I've started gaining like crazy and i feel huge im 26 weeks 4 days and have gained 19 lbs
  • I'm up 16 lbs now at 26 weeks. I'm trying to be under 35 lbs this time around. 

With DS, I was up 23 lbs at this stage (and gained 42 lbs total). I had lost all but 5 lbs by 3 months pp, and the rest, plus 3 lbs with a bit of work over the next few months.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 6 or 7 lbs at 18 weeks! I gained exactly 32 lbs with each of my last two, so I am expecting the same here. I don't remember how much I had gained to this point with the last ones, I only judge by how I looked in maternity clothes. I think I am a little smaller this time, but I also have been sicker with this one. We'll see!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • 18lbs at 20 weeks. We'll see next week if my OB is concerned, but I doubt it. I try to eat a balanced diet, and the only things getting bigger are my belly and my boobs, so I could care less. I'll worry about my weight after baby is here.
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"