April 2012 Moms

Finding out gender...

So we have decided to find out the gender of the baby because we're going to be getting hand me downs from so many people... what are your reasons for finding out or not finding out?

imageimage

Re: Finding out gender...

•  Because I am a control freak and I HAVE TO KNOW lol

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am a huge planner, and it would totally stress me out if i didn't know and couldnt prepare! I know... Silly. And i have tons of friends who just had little ones, so hand me downs are another reason. And i just want to know :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Im a planner....so I need to be able to plan the nursery, colors, clothes, and like you hand me downs....Not to mention I hate last minute decisions so I want to know everything up front..Im a bit OCD when it comes to that :) AND I want to shop for gender specific stuff!!!
    imagepregnancy
  • imageLaouli:

Because I am a control freak and I HAVE TO KNOW lol

This!

Lillian April 17, 2012
  • We just have to know.  Part of it is to be prepared, but the other part is b/c we are just so excited!  

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
  • I always giggle to myself when people say they are finding out because they are a planner!

I am the most type A, OCD planner, chart maker, shceduler, etc. And we are team green! It was an AMAZING surprise with DS. We got a lot less unnecessary clothes at our shower and literally ALL of the necessities. I planned, had a beautiful nursery and a closet full of cltohes, they were all just gender nuetral. And its perfect because short of pulling that all out I'm read for #2 whatever he/she may be!

• imageLaouli:

Big Smile me too, plus I am chomping at the bit to by cute clothes, and need to know so I can get started!

• Well, anatomy scans don't tell the gender, but I'll play Wink 

Because I can.  And it doesn't involve any EXTRA tests that I wasn't going to have already. 

If these this wasn't the case, I may reconsider.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers image
  • This may sound strange, but I want to find out because I feel like I will be better able to bond with the baby once it has a name and a sex. 
  • imageLaouli:

Ditto!!  

• imageLaouli:

This exactly!

imageimageimage
  • imageLaouli:

THIS.

BFP #1 4/2/09 mc 4/12/09 BFP #2 6/2/09 Ectopic 6/23/09 BFP #3 10/16/09 Healthy DS 6/21/10 BFP #4 10/1/10 CP BFP #5 8/19/11 EDD 4/29/12 Betas- #1 82.8 8/22 #2 172.7 8/24 #3 494.2 8/26 #4 2657.8 8/29 u/s #1 9/6 yolk sac no fetal pole u/s #2 9/12 measuring 7w1d HR 144BPM Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Photobucket
  • I have to plan so i have to know and i don't really like alot of the gender neutral nursery stuff and i see so many cute outfits and i have to know if i am buying the cute little girl clothes  or the cute little boy clothes. And I hate surprises so i want everything ready and done by the time baby is here. and i think my family would go crazy not knowing too lol
  • Oh, another reason is that if it's a boy, DH and I are going to have to have the long/tough circ argument.  Ugh. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers image
  • imagedixee.deluxe:

Well, anatomy scans don't tell the gender, but I'll play Wink 

Because I can.  And it doesn't involve any EXTRA tests that I wasn't going to have already. 

ARGH!  I was sitting, thinking... what is the correct word here?  I chose WRONG!!! Thanks for playing anyway... Geeked

imageimage

• imageMrs.Teddy:

I always giggle to myself when people say they are finding out because they are a planner!

I am the most type A, OCD planner, chart maker, shceduler, etc. And we are team green! It was an AMAZING surprise with DS. We got a lot less unnecessary clothes at our shower and literally ALL of the necessities. I planned, had a beautiful nursery and a closet full of cltohes, they were all just gender nuetral. And its perfect because short of pulling that all out I'm read for #2 whatever he/she may be!

I was wondering if I was the only team green lady that was poking my nose around in this post.

So basically, minus having a child already, ditto to your whole post! :) 

I am a huuuuge planner! DH just sits back and enjoys the ride while I plan everything in life and pay the bills and what not. I may be team green but I am planning everything. I'm just planning it GREEN, with a splash of yellow. :P

Dx w/Intrahepatic Cholestasis of Pregnancy 3/3/12
    Induced 3/13/12 @ 37w2d | DD born 3/14/12 6:31pm 6lbs 15oz 19"
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I found out with my first two because I wanted to be prepared with clothes, bedding, names, etc. With this one, I'm not finding out because I have one of each so I have all the stuff anyway, and I really want to have that moment in the delivery room. This could be my last baby (we think we want four, but you never know), so it's now or never!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageLaouli:

^^^^
    This!
  • imageMsCat19:
    imagedixee.deluxe:

Well, anatomy scans don't tell the gender, but I'll play Wink 

ARGH!  I was sitting, thinking... what is the correct word here?  I chose WRONG!!! Thanks for playing anyway... Geeked

OOPS!  It's OK!  Live and learn, right?!  I'm jumping for joy that you thought of it!  Yes

• DH and I are going to find out because we wouldn't be able to last that long without knowing... we are nosy! Also, I want to be able to say 'he/she/her' him instead of 'the baby' or LO. 
    My genius pup: Smushy Creature Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm not really a control freak or an ultra-planner, or anything like that. We're just excited and want to know :)

Sarah

~Sarah

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• We will not be finding out, because:

We love mystery & surprise

I want to be different than the majority

I like neutral nurseries better anyway

I enjoy annoying my family members.

• imageBetterTogether1023:
    DH and I are going to find out because we wouldn't be able to last that long without knowing... we are nosy! Also, I want to be able to say 'he/she/her' him instead of 'the baby' or LO. 

I call this baby "she" because all babies are girls until proven to be boys.  You know, like all dogs are boys and all cats are girls.

Stick out tongue

• imagewhiterabbit5:
    We just have to know.  Part of it is to be prepared, but the other part is b/c we are just so excited!  
    This! I too am a planner and want to know so I can decorate the nursery, etc. I never even thought about the hand-me-down factor but that is a great bonus!
    IMG_0293

Mr. & Mrs. 10/2/10 | Dx w/PCOS March 2011
    BFP - 7/25/11 | EDD 4/3/12 | C-section 2/7/12 @ 32 weeks 
    BFP - 1/07/14 | EDD 9/20/14

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I am just dying to know and I don't think I could wait until the end to find out! We won't be doing a pink or blue nursery anyway, but I just want to know, and I don't really care to be surprised. I also want to be able to say he/she and give it a name.
  • imageksen820:
    This may sound strange, but I want to find out because I feel like I will be better able to bond with the baby once it has a name and a sex. 

This exactly!

DD#1 11.7.07 - DD#2 11.2.10 (3rd Tri Loss)- DD#3 4.18.12
  • imageMrs.Teddy:

I always giggle to myself when people say they are finding out because they are a planner!

I love this!  This is very much me--I'm very type A and OCD and we're going to be Team Green.  Part of this is an exercise in patience for me, but the other part is so that we have gender neutral (mind you, my idea of gender neutral is NOT yellow and green) for future kids.  I don't want to go crazy with pink bedding right now and then have to re-buy all that stuff in a couple years. 

More than anything though, I'm just excited to preserve the surprise as long as possible.

BabyFruit Ticker
    DD #1 born 4/1/2012
    My Married Bio 

• we are finding out because.... BECAUSE I AM IMPATIENT... and somewhat of a control freak.. LOL  hey gotta be honest!
  • If it is a girl I need lots of time to knit and sew cute little girly things Big Smile
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Also I hate surprises...I knew when DH was going to propose because I snooped. I know what all my bday and christmas presents are, and I will know what this baby is....I do do well with surprises lol
    imagepregnancy
  • Considering this could be our third and last baby we want to find out, IF we wouldn't of had suprise twins the first time we had decided against finding out and our nursery choices actually were gender neutral anyways so I would of been fine with getting a few gendar neutral item at the beginning and buying some from then on....as far as baby showers go it's not uncommon around here to have them AFTER the baby is born so I would of gone with this option too so if the gifts were clothes I would of had gender specific clothes.

• imageLaouli:

This !!!
  • I don't really have a reason other than DH & I want to know. All of our major stuff (stroller,carseat,etc) are going to be gender neutral. But for the nursery & clothes, I'm going with a gender specific theme.
  • We found out for the first one but didn't tell anyone.  Found out for the second and told everyone so figure we'll do something different. 

Also, if this one happens to be a girl (DH and DS1 think so, I'm just thinking boy for some reason), she would be the only girl grandchild for my DH's side.  My MIL will go crazy enough with purchasing and making all sorts of girl stuff.  Not finding out until April will save us 20 weeks of tons of pink stuff making it's way into the house.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I just want to know. I'm impatient and I just like knowing things.
    -------------------------------------
  • I'm a planner and want to be prepared. Plus, not knowing would drive me insane!
  • We are finding out because my favorite color is pink and I want to be able to use it if possible! I'll be just as happy if we find out we are having a boy but definitely wouldn't be decorating the nursery the same.

I definitely agree about the bonding aspect as well... I think I will feel even more in touch with the baby's identity once we have a gender and can refer to him/her by name. :)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Let's see we wanted to know last time so we could plan. Nothing has changed this time around, still would like to find out.

• imageaggieamber05:
    imageLaouli:

Big Smile me too, plus I am chomping at the bit to by cute clothes, and need to know so I can get started!

Aggie- I am confused, in your siggy it says that you are Team green????  Are you switching on us?

I am also a huge control freak, OCD, type A planner, BUT, I want this to be a surprise!  There are plenty of gender neutral things out there for me to get when I get excited and want to buy clothes! 

• Even though I'm a huge planner, I'm going to wait.  For a few reasons:

1. I'd rather get one set of baby stuff that can be used for multiple children.

2. I really hate the girl-pink boy-blue stuff--I think it feeds into society's dictation of what a girl is vs what a boy is and it drives me crazy. 

3. I love the surprise of finding out that the Smiths had a boy and his name is X.  I find it much more anticlimatic if I already know half the exciting news.

4. I don't want a bunch of clothes for the shower.  I'd rather have actual items I will use and not a bunch of pretty clothes Baby will wear once.

5. It'll give me an excellent reason to push.  :)

6. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE surprises.

mm 2/17/11 * dd born 4/20/12 * bo 1/3/14 * edd 1/211/15 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"