3rd Trimester

Clicky for moms having baby #2 or more

I feel like I'm the only second time mom NOT having a baby shower.  Not that I need one.  I have everything I need...except clothes (team green).
[Poll]
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Clicky for moms having baby #2 or more

• I just voted no, but I didn't have a shower the first time round either. It's becoming more common here in NZ, but showers aren't as much an expectation as they are in the US.

Having said that, I feel like I might organise a lunch or afternoon tea or osmehting. Not a gift giving exercise but a, "now I know what I'm in for, let's have a bit of fun before I get buried in sleepless night for the next few weeks/months." 

Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• My DH's mom threw me one when we went home this summer to visit.  She wanted to do it so I let her.  It is DH's first baby but my second.  I have a 12year old. 
  • Loading the player...
  • No, and I didn't have one the first time around either.
  • No. I can't say I wouldn't have appreciated one, but really compared to when we had DD, the expense is significantly less this time around.  We have all the big stuff except the car seat.  So, sure getting together with a bunch of women to gush over the new baby on the way and get stocked up on little things like soap, diapers, baby towels would have been nice, we are managing fine.  I do feel like this baby isn't getting nearly as much attention as DD1 did.  Even the grandparents, who are obsessed with DD1 to this day, are like "Oh yeah the new baby will be here by then".  Kinda sad.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I voted yes because our neighbor brought up throwing a sprinkle for us since we are having a boy this time. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would have loved one but no one offered and I felt uncomfortable throwing my own.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker    
  • I did have a shower for this baby but it was very small, there was 7 of us, and it was just close girlfriends.  We just had a casual get together with food and treats and everyone brought diapers and wipes. 
  • My mom threw a huge one with my first baby, I didnt have anything with my second cause they were so close in age. But my mom did throw me a small get together this time for #3
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersimage Photobucket
  • My mil, sil, and my sister got together and surprised me with one. This is my second, but its my fiance's first my son is from my first marriage. I did not expect it, but had a huge turn out and since this one is a girl and the other one was a boy, I got a ton of girl clothing, diapers, and a dresser.  His family will use any excuse to have a party. 
  • When we had DD we had a big couples shower. The second time around we were having a DS. My best friend and mom threw me a "sprinkle" to celebrate the new baby. I got mostly boy clothes and diapers/wipes. Where I live most of my friends have had some sort of celebration for their second baby. I know that is not the norm everywhere.
  • imageStellar1:
    When we had DD we had a big couples shower. The second time around we were having a DS. My best friend and mom threw me a "sprinkle" to celebrate the new baby. I got mostly boy clothes and diapers/wipes. Where I live most of my friends have had some sort of celebration for their second baby. I know that is not the norm everywhere.

Same here, but I had DS first and we are having DD this time. My SILs are working together and were so excited to celebrate a baby girl.

Our wonderful baby boy, Kellen, was born on 12/27/07imageIAmPregnant TickerBabyName Ticker
  • I am having one even though I don't really want one. My SIL is throwing me one. She already planned the shower with the help of her aunts before I even knew. It's happening in two weeks. I am really greatful, but I feel weird about having another shower. I felt this way the first time. I just don't like being the center of attention. Plus my last baby is 2 now so it wasn't that long ago.
    ~I Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Posting from an Android sorry for any errors
  • I had one with my daughter. That was six years ago though. The only stuff i have left from my daughter is the stuff that is in her baby box. Im having a boy this time and it's my MIL's first grandchild so her and my mom are throwing one for me.
  • The only thing we need are clothes since we're having the opposite sex this time, we still have all the big stuff since DS is so young. I had a shower last time, won't be having one this time. I'm sure I'll get plenty of girl clothes from friends and family even without a shower.
  • My aunt organized one, but I don't know if I'd necessarily call it a shower.  We just had an afternoon tea with all my female relatives and close friends. 
  • I am having one, but it has been 15 years between my babes, so I have nothing left from my sons LOL
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
  • No, I have everything I need really.  I even felt weird when my sister told me she wanted to send something.
    Big Sisters 2/10 & 12/11
    Little Brother 3/1/18
  • A friend is throwing me a "sprinkle".  It's just close friends and family (18 total) - it's going to be at Mad Potter and everyone is going to paint a 4x4 tile for baby, then I will make a mirror with all of the tiles.  I did something similar for DS, so presents is not really the main purpose of the sprinkle, but she put together a poem - something about having the big stuff already, but needing diapers and clothes.  I don't have a registry.  I truly do just need clothes and diapers - everything we got for DS, we had neutral, so don't need anything else.
  • I didn't have one. I had a baby celebration for four friends and my family. We got together, ate and celebrated since I haven't really seen my friends since my son passed. My family and I haven't really felt like celebrating anything since either. People did bring presents even though I asked them not to. I would not call it a baby shower though.
  • My friend is throwing a tea for me. But we didn't live here when we had our other 2 children, its not really meant for gifts - more to meet the baby (it will be after baby is born) and celebrate that - we don't really need anything (even diapers, since we cloth diaper) so I'm not expecting gifts - just a good time with friends and family.
  • Just a small sprinkle with close family and friends.  I honestly don't expect much out of it, just getting together to celebrate and eat lots of yummy food and cake! 
    DSC_2211

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Yes! Just had it today. :) Of course, my daughter is nearly 5 and a girl (not a boy). Also, my sister threw it. Not to mention, it's not considered tacky where I'm from... although I can see it being considered annoying if it's from someone who has four, five, six kids...
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married since 06/19/2004|Anna born 11/19/2006|Charles born 11/1/11
    Double undergrad graduation May 2011| Me: Psychology, DH: Communication| A long journey!
    <a href="http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/gussiebutt/?action=view
  • imageMYLYNDA:
    I am having one, but it has been 15 years between my babes, so I have nothing left from my sons LOL

this for sure.  my girls will be 16 years apart when she is born. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • my friends aren't throwing a "shower" this time around, we're just going to get together for dinner before i go on maternity leave
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"