October 2011 Moms
Options

Did it take you by surprise?

For all of you lovely ladies who have already had ur babies. The day you went into labor did you have a feeling today was going to be the day, or did it sneak up on you??

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Did it take you by surprise?

• Options
    I'm glad you asked this... I'm anxiously awaiting my LO, and have felt "different" for the past day or so - wondering if it's all in my head or if it's a sign!
    BFP#1 1/31/11 ~ CK came on her due date, 10/10/11!
    BFP#2 11/20/12, EDD 7/30/13 ~ heard heartbeat at 6w2d ~ mmc discovered at 8w
    1st medicated cycle ~ 6/11/13 ~ Clomid ~ BFN
    2nd medicated cycle ~ 7/12/13 ~ Clomid and trigger shot ~ BFN
    SHG on 8/13/13 ~ uterus looked good!
    Diagnosed with DOR on 8/16/13 ~ AMH 0.27 ~ repeat AMH 0.19
    3rd medicated cycle ~ 8/9/13 ~ Femara and trigger shot ~ BFN
    4th medicated cycle ~ 9/4/13 ~ Bravelle, trigger shot, IUI ~ BFP! ~ EDD: 6/11/14 ~ heartbeat of 118 at 6w3d ~ mmc discovered at 9w1d
  • Options

I'm with you on this one... 

Like all of us I'm sure, I'm just dying to go into labor. There's nothing left to do but have a baby!

I'm constantly wondering when it's going to happen...looking for a sign of some sort 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

The day my water broke was one of the more 'off' days when I was pregnant. I was 37.5 weeks and the week before I felt fine. That day, I felt like I had hit this wall and I was miserable. I was surprised by the water breaking -- I figured I had another week.

I had 'given up' on what I wore that day. I went to work in Old Navy black yoga pants and a maternity top, because I was 9 months pregnant, I felt like a bloated cow, and the pants were comfortable. If I wasn't pregnant, I would have worn a dress or suit. I didn't feel LO move a lot and before she was really active. I was concerned driving to lunch because my stomach felt really heavy on the lower left side. I decided I couldn't work 8 hours a day anymore and was going to cut it back to 6 hours.

I checked my bp when I got home and the lower # was really high. I'm usually in the 90/60 range and the lower number was 97. My doctor was concerned about me getting high bp. 10 minutes later my water broke.

I had always thought I was going to be early. Even when I asked my doctor how late I would go, he seemed to skirt the issue. 

DS 7/6/09
    DD 9/4/11
    EDD 9/1/15
  • Options
    Took me completely by surprise.  I woke up at 530 in the morning to my water breaking, he was born that night at 8:37
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    It definitely snuck up on me.  I thought for sure he was going to be later than DD, DD was born at 37w1d, and instead he decided to be earlier (36w4d).  I had no clue when I went to work that day, that I would be leaving early to go have a baby.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We kind of had a feeling.  I had been feeling pretty great other than the normal aches and pains of pregnancy (oh and also contractions that went nowhere and were frustrating).  The day before, I crashed - I was exhausted, had a major dizzy spell and felt "off".  2am the next morning, my water broke and Joshua was born at 7:25 that night.
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Our family of 5 is complete!!  Love our boys!

• Options
    Good question! I never started labor with my son, so this is new to me! :)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Tickerv
  • Options

With DD, I had no clue it was coming. My water broke at 38w6d, a few hours after my membranes were stripped. As a FTM then, I didn't expect to go early!

BabyFetus Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"