May 2012 Moms

Prunes

Well...I broke down and bought prunes. And my sweet husband went to the store with me to get them. I hope these things work as well as I have heard! I can't stand this pain from constipation. I am so bloated and uncomfortable. I wanted to try a natural remedy, rather than taking a foreign medication.

Has anyone else tried eating prunes for constipation? Did they work? Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Re: Prunes

• Any fruit that starts with a P is supposed to be good for constipation: peaches, plums, pears, prunes. Apples can make it worse. Also try to drink more water and maybe some warm tea.

The generic stool softener Colace is a good product.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I will admit that I have...they seemed to get things flowing, but not as quickly as I would have liked. I have found that Align helps...got some free samples from my GI doc. GL!
    First came love, then came marriage - Oct 31, 09
    Then came a miscarriage March '11
    Then came a baby in the baby carriage May 16, 12

Waiting on our second little peanut!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    VOTE on my Name List
  • Loading the player...
  • all last pregnancy, two a day. it may take a day or two if you don't want to take colace to kick start things. After that, if you eat them regularly you shouldn't have any issues.
    I'm hiding from my local boards!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My doctor prescribed CirtaNatal Harmony.  It's a prenatal vitamin with a stool softener.  Love it!!!!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Apple juice has been working wonders for me.
    "Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight."
    BabyFruit Ticker}
    BFP #1: 6/10/11 Natural m/c 6/20/11
    BFP #2: 8/30/11 Vanishing Twin diagnosed at 8 weeks, DS born 5/6/12 
    BFP #3: 5/24/14 stick, baby, stick! Beta 1 (16dpo): 645, Beta 2 (18dpo): 1652
    Heartbeat 179 at 8w5d grow, baby, grow!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I dont want to take any medication either, so I bought some prune juice. I was going within two hours. I felt so much better.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Tickerimage
  • I've always eaten two of them a day and now I'm up to four and still nothing!  I hope it works for you.  I've always had trouble with constipation though.  
    3/09 off BCP TTC 6/09 DX PCOS 9/09, endometriosis, bicornuate uterus DH- All #'s are above normal! 1500 mg Metformin 6 rounds of Clomid + HCG trigger- All BFN 8/10 IUI #1 Gonal F + Ovidrel BFN 9/10 On a much needed break 10/10 Laparoscopy 11/10- 6/11 IUI #2-4 Gonal F, Ovidrel, and progesterone, produced 4-8 follies each cycle, all BFN 8/11 IVF #1 R-20, M-17, F W/ICSI 2 :( 3dt of a 4 cell and 7 cell BFP!!!! BETA #1 115, #2 488, #3 2900 -SAIFAW- PAIFAW- Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I just ate two prunes and hopefully it makes going a bit easier because up to this point as soon as my food digests I start to get that horrid need to go but can't feeling. 
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • Is it weird that I saw this topic and thought it was directed to people who had hit week 9, which is a prune on the fruit ticker?  That's pretty self-centered of me, isn't it.

ETA: Especially when prunes are really week 10... I'm just jumping ahead a little.  Wow, pregnancy brain.

red

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Kefir.  It's a life saver for me.  It's in the health food aisle, looks like a jug of milk.  It's like yogurt with very active cultures for digestion.  A glass a day and I haven't been constipated at all!!  Highly recommend!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"