Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

WFD?

What's for dinner tonight? Also, please name your one go-to recipe. I am in desperate need of dinner ideas.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: WFD?

• Options
    Shake 'N' Bake pork, velvetta mac n cheese and corn(for FI) and a salad for me. Its FI's turn to cook today so what he makes goes :) 
    V|V TSP V|V
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I know there are some crock-pot haters around but last night we had some delicious chicken and dumplings made via crock pot - might be a little late for your dinner tonight (takes 4-5 hours) but you should try it sometime. It was super easy and very tasty. This is the recipe I used: https://allrecipes.com/Recipe/slow-cooker-chicken-and-dumplings/detail.aspx

instead of using the refrigerated biscuit dough I used frozen egg noodles and it was bomb! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm making stuffed sweet peppers tonight. I'm thinking about making some meatballs if I can find a decent recipe.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Salmon with a lemon and dill yogurt sauce, brown rice and spinach.
  • Options
    home made chili!!!  with sum cornbread!
  • Options

imageMolluskwrangler:

translation: lean cuisine  Wink

• Options
    imageTobleroneBar:

imageMolluskwrangler:

translation: lean cuisine  Wink

bahahahaha I wish H would be satisfied with one of those tiny meals.

• Options

I made some hamburger patties and I'll make some baked sweet potato fries when I get home from work. I make my specialties on the weekends.

Some of my go-to recipes are a "perfect" pot roast, braised short ribs, wine, herb and garlic roasted chicken, and a bolognese sauce. I usually always have ingredients on hand for those.

• Options

Oh, my one go to recipe? Roast chicken, mashed potatoes (or sweets) and whatever veg we have from the farm share with pan gravy. I always have a whole chicken on hand. We get about one a month from the farm.

I also like to do a sausage meat sauce for pasta, again something we get from the farm.

• Options
    imagesweetteaBV:

I know there are some crock-pot haters around but last night we had some delicious chicken and dumplings made via crock pot - might be a little late for your dinner tonight (takes 4-5 hours) but you should try it sometime. It was super easy and very tasty. This is the recipe I used: https://allrecipes.com/Recipe/slow-cooker-chicken-and-dumplings/detail.aspx

instead of using the refrigerated biscuit dough I used frozen egg noodles and it was bomb! 

So making this soon. DH is cooking when he gets home.

• Options
    imageMolluskwrangler:

Oh, my one go to recipe? Roast chicken, mashed potatoes (or sweets) and whatever veg we have from the farm share with pan gravy. I always have a whole chicken on hand. We get about one a month from the farm.

I also like to do a sausage meat sauce for pasta, again something we get from the farm.

did you get a dossier on those chickens?  List of friends and relatives they may have had during in life?  WAS IT LOCAL?!

image GIFSoup

• Options
    imageTobleroneBar:
    imageMolluskwrangler:

did you get a dossier on those chickens?  List of friends and relatives they may have had during in life?  WAS IT LOCAL?!

image GIFSoup

It is local, we pick up from the same farm every week.  I'm sure we've eaten it's friends and family already. Big Smile

Oh, organic and free range too!

• Options
    UGH, you're from the Bay...aren't you?
  • Options
    btw, you're no fun to pick on....
  • Options

imageTobleroneBar:
    UGH, you're from the Bay...aren't you?

Nope, upstate NY farm country.

• Options

imageTobleroneBar:
    btw, you're no fun to pick on....

Sorry.

• Options

Cook on low all day!

Crock pot chicken....

12 tomatillos (take off husk and wash)

1 can green chiles

1 cup chicken broth

4 chicken breasts (brown in pan first)

2-3 handfuls of cilantro (add last 15 minutes) 

sea salt (to taste)

I usually serve this with pinto beans if I'm in a hurry I will put a can of pinto beans in a pot with a bunch of cilantro and fresh chopped garlic and simmer for a few minutes. Yummy!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"