Babies: 6 - 9 Months

anyone else's LO not in the crib 100% yet?

I keep P next to me in the RNP for at least half the night (mostly due to my own laziness.)  He's STTN for the most part, but needs a binky replacement sometimes if he wakes up. It's easier to roll over and do it than to go across the hall  Embarrassed Also, in the crib, he rolls all around and sometimes ends up in an awkward position and screams and it makes me nervous. I just feel better having him right next to me unless i'm awake and can check on him.

He takes some naps in the crib including from bedtime (btwn 7-8pm) and 11-12 when I go to bed. During the day, he sometimes sleeps in his PNP or swing (although he's just about outgrown the swing)

Am I alone here? My MIL (Mrs. Judgy McJudgerson) apparently thinks i'm the only person on earth who's ever had a 6mo old not sleep only in his crib.  Indifferent

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: anyone else's LO not in the crib 100% yet?

• We just started putting DS in his crib at all on Saturday. He is in there until 1-3am then bedshares.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • We haven't started putting DD is the crib yet. She naps in my arms and bedshares at night. I might transition naps to crib soon though.
  • Loading the player...
  • B is "mostly" in her crib but definitely not 100%. She still gets up several times each night and on really bad nights I give in and bring her into our room. We still have her PNP set up in our room so depending on the night (and how exhausted I am) she goes back down in her crib, the PNP or on my chest in our bed.

We also JUST started using her crib within the last couple of weeks, after she turned 6 months so no, you are definitely not the only one

• Everyone does something a little different.  If you're not bothered by it then no one else should be!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageRandomPickle:
    We just started putting DS in his crib at all on Saturday. He is in there until 1-3am then bedshares.

We bed-share too around the same time every night - I sometimes feel guilty about it but she is just so cuddly in the morning I don't care . She starts out in her crib and naps there, but after the 3rd time of getting up with her - I get sick of walking across the house. 

• my dd will be 7 months next week and she is in her rnp for all sleep (naps and night) I'm not quite ready for the crib yet. i am waiting for her to roll both ways. right now she rolls to her belly and gets stuck.
  • G slept with me until he was a little past 9 months old. Tell your MIL that all babies are different and you, as the parent, will know when it's time to make the transition.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker BFP 04/15/2011; M/C 04/21/2011 Sleep with Jesus sweet baby.
  • K sleeps in a PNP in our room. Much easier for night feedings. She has a crib in her room but the mattress is still wrapped in plastic. That is how much we have used it.
  • imageKariD77:

B is "mostly" in her crib but definitely not 100%. She still gets up several times each night and on really bad nights I give in and bring her into our room. We still have her PNP set up in our room so depending on the night (and how exhausted I am) she goes back down in her crib, the PNP or on my chest in our bed.

We also JUST started using her crib within the last couple of weeks, after she turned 6 months so no, you are definitely not the only one

This exactly. Don't feel bad, you need to do what works for you.  Some of my family members insert their two cents about my baby and her sleep habits.  At first, I was bothered by it, but now I don't care what they say.  I do what works best for us.   

• Whatever with other people's opinions on sleeping arrangements in your own house. Before G was born, I was dead set that he'd spend every night in his own crib from day 1. Well, we coslept/bedshared from day 1 instead. LOL. It used to bother me & then I decided that I'm the parent, & I do what I feel is safe & healthy for my kiddo.

Anyway, we co-slept & bedshared until about 2 weeks ago. Now he's in the PNP next to the bed all night (unless he wants to eat past 5am, then he comes to bed until we wake up for good). I nurse him in bed then put him back in the PNP usually. Once he's night weaned, he'll move to his enormous, expensive, & gorgeous crib that he's never slept in. We only really moved him because I wasn't sleeping well since he started crawling. I was so nervous that he'd wake up in the middle of the night & crawl away. I still let him take the majority of his naps in our bed though. He burrows his face in our sheets & I think the smell of us comforts him so he sleeps longer.

DS1- Jan 2011
    DS2- Sept 2012
    M/C- Sept 2011

2u2!
  • We adore cosleeping and have no timeline for doing anything else. Your MIL sounds out of touch with the way that most of the world tend to their babies. Cosleeping is the norm in most of the world. We are the weird ones for having houses with multiple rooms, electricity to run baby monitors, etc. Only you and your DH can decide the best arrangement and timeline for your family.
  • My kid is 0% in the crib. Unless you count playing in there while I shower...
  • Mine is 6 months and not at all in the crib. I wouldn't worry about your MIL it's easy to judge when you don't have a 6 mo old that is exhausting.... I'm starting to judge myself a bit...I've been saying that she really has to start sleeping in her crib for three months now.lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"