Babies: 3 - 6 Months

if you purchased a halloween costume for LO

How much did you spend?  I've fallen in love with a few, but I'm not sure I can justify spending $50-$80 on some fluffy photo prop that he will probably wear for 20 minutes. They are just so damn cute!  I sew and i'm sure I could make something but I'm too busy/lazy!

Yes, i've seen them much cheaper, just not my faves Embarrassed 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: if you purchased a halloween costume for LO

• I spent $1 for a super cute ladybug costume. To be fair, it was at DH's school's resell-it-shop. But I would have spent up to $20 for a costume. I can't imagine even considering spending any more than that for something you will only take pictures in.
  • 10 dollars at Target for a comfy lady bug costume.  I've learned with DS that you cannot predict if they will like it or want to even wear it, so I no longer spend more than 15/20 bucks on them.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers, Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I have 3 teenage boys and my husband and I had a little girl 5 months ago.  I am a "girly girl" and love the colour purple and butterflies.  I found a purple butterfly infants costume at Spirit Halloween and my Mom has insisted she will buy it for Zooey (and I'm ok with that).  It costs $49.99 but I know she will look adorable in it!! I'm attaching a link to the site...hope it works

https://www.spirithalloween.com/product/ic-baby-butterfly-6-12m/

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I went to Once Upon a Child (resale shop) and spent $6 for the Carter's cow costume.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I spent $30.  I would probably spend a little more, but that was how much the one I liked cost.  Now I'm intrigued about these $80 options?  Seriously not trying to being snarky, but where do you find a $80 infant costume?  I must see them.
  • I bought my girls snow white and tinkerbelle from babies r us.  Then I had a huge wave of guilt about spending money on costumes that they have no where to go in.  My sister brought me the cutest long sleeved onsies.  One is a pumpkin and one a cat. So I returned the other costumes and got some matching babylegs for half off.  So I officially spent $12 on their costumes and I feel much better about it. Next year I will make something for them and they will be walking so it will be worth it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • I got one for $16.  It was from old navy and I had a coupon.  I wouldn't have spent more than that because honestly all the use we'll probably get out of it are some pictures.  She's too young for trick or treating since she doesn't have older siblings and we don't know other people with kids so there won't be a party or anything to go to.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I went with the Carter's tiger costume from JCPenney. I got it on sale for $23 this weekend and got an extra $20 off my order because I had a coupon and purchased a few other things. I'm considering it a freebie!

DX: DOR and MFI 

IVF w/ICSI brought us our 1st precious miracle

V born via induction 4.29.11

TTC #2: IVF (MDLF) August/September 2012

ER 9/7: 6R, 5M, 4F ET 9/12: 5dt of 2 blasts 

+HPT 9/17! Beta #1 (9/25) = 1,000 Beta #2 (9/27) = 1,860 U/S #1 (10/11)...TWINS!

1/8/13 - It's a..boy and a girl!!   

S&B born via induction 5.8.13

imageimage

• I think $25 at Old Navy for the dinosaur.

Anniversary

• I spent 20 bucks on DS's costume (he picked out a dinosaur at Target). For DD's costume, I spent 40 bucks on a strawberry tutu costume from Etsy because we are going ToT with our best friends who have kids the same ages (their DS is 5 months younger than ours, their DD is three weeks younger than ours) and the girls just HAD to have them the minute I saw them. 
  • I saw the costume I wanted to get for DD (a duck) at Kohls but it wasn't on sale and I didn't have a % off coupon with me that day so I figured I would wait and see if I could get it on sale later. Then a couple days after I was at Once Upon A Child and got the same costume for $6.50 with the tags still on it! I love getting a good deal! FTR I would probably spend up to $30 on a costume if I liked it. 
  • $19 on Diapers.com.

It was originally 34 from carters but it was on sale at Diapers and I used a 20% off coupon on top of that.

• I got footed pj's from Children's Place for $8. They are black with bones like a skeleton on them and has candy in the 'tummy'. So cute! He's just going to wear them for the day. I had gotten a dracula costume for $5 last year when I was pregnant but DS is waaaay bigger then I ever could have imagined so he outgrew it months ago and I didn't see the need to buy another costume. He's too little for ToT and we aren't going to any parties or anything.

• $6 on ebay. Got the exact costume I wanted used. Regular retail was like $50. Crazy to pay that much. My neighbor also gave me her daughters Ladybug costume from last year.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • $18 and some change from diapers.com. Shipping was free. We decided $20 was our limit.

ETA: The costume is a baby chick/duckling.

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• We'll probably spend around $25 for a costume.

I still can't decide between this Carter's cat costume and Princess Leia.

• Officially our costume was $25 (from Chasing Fireflies) but shipping and personalization knocked the total up to $44. It's an astronaut and DH decided it was totally worth it to spend another $10 for the embroidered nametag, even though that now also means we can't resell it.
  • Carter's ladybug costume from Kohls, with coupons, about $20.

• I'll probably be spending $20 - 30 on all of the pieces for his costume. I'm planning to make his costume (this should be interesting as I haven't really sewed since 7th grade home ec). I would have spent the same amount of money to buy something, because he may be able to wear pieces again, but for the life of me, I could not find plain red overalls to buy. He's going to be Stewie from Family Guy.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagepurplemimi:

I have 3 teenage boys and my husband and I had a little girl 5 months ago.  I am a "girly girl" and love the colour purple and butterflies.  I found a purple butterfly infants costume at Spirit Halloween and my Mom has insisted she will buy it for Zooey (and I'm ok with that).  It costs $49.99 but I know she will look adorable in it!! I'm attaching a link to the site...hope it works

https://www.spirithalloween.com/product/ic-baby-butterfly-6-12m/

that is super cute! Especially for a long-awaited little lady!  Smile

• imageSouthFloridaMommy:
    I spent $30.  I would probably spend a little more, but that was how much the one I liked cost.  Now I'm intrigued about these $80 options?  Seriously not trying to being snarky, but where do you find a $80 infant costume?  I must see them.

There were a few on etsy and other "home-made" sites that were super pricey. Most of the $80 and up ones on the standard sites aren't for baby though. The one I really want is $49.99, but I can't see him wearing it for very long so I just don't know.  There's a similar one at old navy, but it's not as fluffy and cute.  I call him my little monster when he's cranky, so I thought it would be cute...

https://www.costumeexpress.com/Lil-Monster-Infant-Toddler-Costume/70171/ProductDetail.aspx

I also found a cute one at TJMaxx for 20 bux, so I may get that... it's a furry lion. Super cute, but no lil monster! haha

• I spent $25 for a used costume on ebay, but DH and I fell in love with it, so I suppose it was worth it? Actually, I'm now thinking it may be a little too snug by the time Halloween rolls around. UGH! DD will be wearing it to daycare, plus we'll take her around to our immediate neighbors and take tons of pictures to send to the grandparents.

Lyns - I've seen that exact costume on some other sites... I think for as low as about $35. Google it. I'm sure you can find a better deal.

• Wow, compared to everyone else I went a little crazy. $54.00

https://www.potterybarnkids.com/products/puffy-owl-costume-baby/?pkey=bhalloween-costumes

I regret nothing! :) She can only have her first Halloween once.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • $12 for the Ladybug Carters costume from Costco.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • imagekaydogger:

Wow, compared to everyone else I went a little crazy. $54.00

https://www.potterybarnkids.com/products/puffy-owl-costume-baby/?pkey=bhalloween-costumes

That owl costume is SO cute. It was on my wishlist but DH told me no. Boooo!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • We spent $13 on a Little Lamb costume on Amazon.
    Cloth-diapering, co-sleeping, breast-feeding, C-section Mama Photobucket
  • imageLynsiBHM:

There were a few on etsy and other "home-made" sites that were super pricey. Most of the $80 and up ones on the standard sites aren't for baby though. The one I really want is $49.99, but I can't see him wearing it for very long so I just don't know.  There's a similar one at old navy, but it's not as fluffy and cute.  I call him my little monster when he's cranky, so I thought it would be cute...

https://www.costumeexpress.com/Lil-Monster-Infant-Toddler-Costume/70171/ProductDetail.aspx

I also found a cute one at TJMaxx for 20 bux, so I may get that... it's a furry lion. Super cute, but no lil monster! haha

Oh the Little Monster is sooo cute too!!  I say get it Smile

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We spent a total of $20. We got it at the Disney store... there were two "versions" of the Minnie costume, but the more expensive one was $50. I couldn't justify spending it... plus down here in Miami the weather is still HOT at the end of October and putting DD in a heavy costume would be torturous!
  • imagekaydogger:

Wow, compared to everyone else I went a little crazy. $54.00

We bought that too :) love it!!

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"