Trying to Get Pregnant

Just because I'm nosy..

What will do you do for childcare when the time comes? Or if you already have little one's, what do you do for childcare?

SAHM, Daycare, Preschool, (there is a difference)! Nanny, Family?

I would love to bring my child with me to work, (as a nanny) and I may be able to just depending on the timing. If not, MH and I will be with the baby 5 days per week, and the other 2 we would use friends/family/reputable and recommeded in-home daycare.

Patiently waiting for our 1st since 9/2010.
Dealing with MFI, good count, good motility, 3% morph-HSG all clear, all other test results came back normal, IUI is our next step
May 2012- Clomid 50mg + IUI = BFN
June- Cycle Break
July- Forced cycle break due to cysts
August- Femara, Trigger, IUI#2= ?

Re: Just because I'm nosy..

• I plan on being a SAHM mom and taking in a daycare kid to help bring in a little bit of extra cash. 

TTC since 2010

lots of IUIs and 1 IVF all BFNs

FET currently on hold

photo guiness-1.jpg

• I work from home. DD who will be 3 tomorrow started going to Daycare/School back in March for 2 days a week. We have a Goddard right in our neighborhood so its really convenient to walk her there.

If have no clue what we will do when we have a second child. That's something we will discuss when the time comes. 

Marissa Marie 9/27/08
    Caleb Wolfgang 12/6/12
    Baby #3 Due Date: ? TBD at ultrasound on 10/30
  • Loading the player...
  • Our current plan is for me to be a SAHM but the more research I do and the more people I talk to I am thinking of staying on as part-time, even if it only pays for the daycare.
    Me: 32
    DH: 37
    Married: May 24, 2008
    TTC #2 since: June 2020
  • Ideally I'd like to find someone (I guess like a nanny) to come to my house during the day while my child is still young.  I work from home so I would need the help, but would love to have my child at home.  I'm sure as they get older I would look into daycare a little more.
    My Chart My Blog

After almost 2 years of TTC and fertility treatments we got a surprise BFP in May 2013
    1/14/14 Baby Boy!! 
    TTC for #2 October 2015

• Husband will be a SAHD.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am a SAHM, but I do use daycare part time. It is good to let them get out and be with other kids, and I get a lot done on the two days per week that they go. 

I would be less likely to send a newborn to daycare. 

• I work til noon and Dh goes to work at 1PM

~after 34 cycles we finally got our 2nd little bundle of joy~
    My IF blog
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I took 7 months off, now I work one day a week for 7 hours. I LOVE my schedule. The one day is a break from mommy-land but not so much that I feel like I'm missing out on anything. My MIL watches him that day, so its great cause he gets Grandma time.

TTC #3 since Feb 2014 DS 1: 2010 DS 2: 2012
  • imagesweetgotham:
    Husband will be a SAHD.

I'm a little embarassed I didn't think to add this in.. Embarrassed

Dealing with MFI, good count, good motility, 3% morph-HSG all clear, all other test results came back normal, IUI is our next step
    June- Cycle Break
  • imageLadybug720:

I am a SAHM, but I do use daycare part time. It is good to let them get out and be with other kids, and I get a lot done on the two days per week that they go. 

Teaching kids social skills is very important!

June- Cycle Break
  • I unfourtantely do not have the luxury to be a SAHM yet. Maybe in a few years we can... but we need the second income. We could survive on DH, but to be able to save and do the things we want I need to work.

So our future little babes will have to go to in-home daycare I think VS a large daycare. I will do research once I'm KU but .... for now, at least with #1 that's where we are at.

I feel so guilty because I want to be a SAHM, but I have to relax and realize our child will still turn out ok!

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Not sure. I've always thought I'd be a SAHM. But recently I've been thinking daycare or a nanny would be a good idea for us.

I work from home now, and I sometimes get lonely. I think I would be a happier mom if I worked at least part time away from home. And the extra income wouldn't hurt either.

• We plan on joining a nanny share (where two families share a nanny full-time).  Waitlists for daycare centers where I live are absurd and both my husband and I have fairly unpredictable schedules, so we can't be tied to the hours of a daycare center.  I really want to keep working, so this seems to be the best option for us.
  • I do not have the luxury of being a SAHM, and nor does my profession allow for much flexibility in terms of working part-time (not an option), or from home.  I work fairly long hours.   

We are considering hiring a nanny, but I am not sold on the idea.  At least as long as we have an only child, I think that I would prefer to have that child in daycare so that he/she has the benefit of constant interaction with other children (as I did with my many siblings).  If we decide to have two children, we may go the nanny route at that point, depending on finances and our life situation at that time. We would also consider a nanny-sharing arrangement, which has been suggested by some of our friends.  We shall see.

Miscarriage in January 2012 at 8 weeks
    Subsequently diagnosed with low P4, LOR. MH DX low motility, varicocele 
    BFP in July 2012 (Gonal-f + trigger + IUI#2 (B2B) + prometrium)
    Lost Baby A prior to 7 weeks; large SCH; Baby B (Bug) was born in March 2013
    BFP June 2014; EDD February 19, 2015
  • I will most definitely be a SAHM. The thought of not being with my kids half the time and I have to keep working - terrifies me haha. Plus, I don't want to miss anything! We'd love the extra income with my job, but we know that if we're frugal and don't have the "our kids need to have everything" mindset, we will have plenty :) Now hurry up baby so I can quit my job!!

ETA: Better wording

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • DS goes to daycare. He is literally ten minutes away as I work on a military installation and his daycare is on the base. When he was an infant I would go there to BF and visit during lunch and on breaks. One he got older it started to be harder on him for me to come visit and then leave again so I stopped but I still go read a few times a month.

We have discussed whether I would switch to SAHM when we have #2. We are also getting ready to move to a new base so we aren't sure about the job market and such. I may finish up my master's degree and work from home.

My MIL's plan though is for us to have twins (she is a twin) and then she will move with us and be our nanny Smile Sounds good to me!

imageimageBabyFetus Ticker
  • imagetayray1:

imagesweetgotham:
    Husband will be a SAHD.

I'm a little embarassed I didn't think to add this in.. Embarrassed

LOL...it's ok, I'm used to it. I am still trying to figure out a way to b!tch about all the cooking and housework he does around the place too but it never seems convincing ;)

• We've been saving for years and making financial choices to allow me to stay home for a few years.  There is a small chance I'll work part time after 6 months to a year off.  We have worked really hard to get here and make a lot of hard decisions to be in this place, I'm thankful we are in this position now though!  Now, I just really hope we don't have to spend all of our savings getting the baby here!
  • I always pictured myself being a SAHM but after factoring in reality, it would be a lot easier for us if I kept working until baby #2 in a few years.

That said, DH works on an Air Force base, so I'd probably use a daycare there or hire a nanny to stay at our home with the baby. We are still new to the area and don't have many friends or any family less than 2 hours away. Its not ideal, but we'll make the best of it whenever the time comes **hopefully soon!!**

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage
  • sahm, thats what i am now, and will continue until youngest LO is in at least kindergarden or 1st grade
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We're probably going to have Nana and Oma over A LOT haha...and depending on their availability we may also get a nanny. I feel like my home is up to my standards of cleanliness and I don't get that feeling when I go into a daycare facility. That might just be my weird germ-phobic side talking but that's our plan for now.
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Nothing would make DH happier than to be a SAHD. He's a RN and could pick up shifts when needed (and we would need his income). However, it is more likely that for the first year or so DH will switch to a night shift so that we can both work and not need day care. I'm not opposed to daycare once the baby is a bit older.
  • imageMrsCAA:
    sahm, thats what i am now, and will continue until youngest LO is in at least kindergarden or 1st grade

This is our plan, too.  I was a teacher, so my salary would pretty much only pay for day care, not to mention that I'd come home exhausted with bags of papers to grade.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Natural miscarriage @ 5w2d 5/25/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would love to be a SAHM but I make more right now so that doesn't work.  His mom and my mom will probably watch them for a few days out of the week and I will only work part time.  If my job doesn't let me go to part time, then I will change jobs and work a couple nights.
  • When the time comes my DH and I have decided that I will *hopefully* be a SAHM. We have been saving and budgeting for this since we were married, so it should all work out! My DH is in the military so with moving and such it might work out better anyways, that way I am not always looking for a new job and a new daycare!
    IMG_4833 IMG_0119 Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We'll have to put him/her in daycare.

• We can work it out so I can stay home for the first year with the baby. After that, I hope to go back to work. I teach in an early childhood center and would feel very comfortable having my own child there. Also, my mom just retired and has been hinting about having weekly "Memere days" when the time comes.
    image image
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm hoping my dad will watch my LO until age 2-3 then LO will go to preschool. 
  • I plan to be a SAHM! :)
  • Daycare/Preschool.    It's KinderCare, so I call it "school" now for #1.   #2 can't do much but they do have a lesson plan even at that age.
    TTC#1 Chart
    TTC#2 Chart
    IUI #1 - #4 (repronex trigger) = BFN
    IUI#5 on 10/28/2008 ** BFP 11/10/08 ** EDD 07/21/09 *** It's a GIRL (07/14/09) AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    med/treatment free BFP 06/28/10. EDD 03/05/11 *** GIRL #2 (02/23/11)
    beta#1 @ 17dpo = 1296 .... beta#2 @ 19dpo = 3034
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    it's the Bug and Baby Belle!
  • We'll likely be using an in-home daycare for our LO.  I really enjoy my job (and it's flexibility/benefits/work-at-home privileges!) and it just wouldn't make sense for us to lose my salary to stay at home.    
    BabyFruit Ticker
    TTC since 3/2011
    BFP #1: 11/23/2011 EDD: 8/8/2012 c/p: 11/28/2011
    BFP #2: 3/7/2012 EDD: 11/17/2012
  • I'm planning on being a SAHM. I used to think it was no big deal to send your baby to daycare or preschool, but then after taking so many PSYC classes in college I decided I didn't want anyone else to raise my child! I want to be an active part of his/her life during their critical developmental years! I wish my parents had been more active in my life during that time... 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imagekdjudd:
    I'm planning on being a SAHM. I used to think it was no big deal to send your baby to daycare or preschool, but then after taking so many PSYC classes in college I decided I didn't want anyone else to raise my child! I want to be an active part of his/her life during their critical developmental years! I wish my parents had been more active in my life during that time... 

I know SEVERAL working mommas who are very active in their LOs lives.  And daycare certainly isn't raising their kids for them.  I don't think children of working parents are any worse off than those who have a parent that stays home with them.  I'm sorry, I'm sure it wasn't your intention, but your post rubbed me the wrong way.

Yorkie Jenga

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Our plan is for DH to be a SAHD.  If all goes according to plan (yeah, right!) we'll have a LO around the start of next fall and it will coincide with him going to school.  

We shall see...best laid plans and all :)  

DS: June 2012
    MC: July 2015 8w5d

• My husband has a more flexible schedule, so he will work 1 night and have 1 day off during the week where he will watch LO.  The other 3 days we'll use daycare.  I'm more inclined to choose a daycare center as that was my experience growing up with 2 working parents.  I'd also be open to a nanny share if a friend was interested.
  • i hope to do a little working from home in the beginning, but i have a wonderful MIL who will watch the LO - very thankful for that!
    DS#1: 6/30/12 
    Ectopic 5w5d / Twin Blighted Ovums 7weeks
    BFP! Due 1/28/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • We plan on me being a SAHM. But then again you know what they say about plans.

• imagetayray1:
    imageLadybug720:

I am a SAHM, but I do use daycare part time. It is good to let them get out and be with other kids, and I get a lot done on the two days per week that they go. 

Teaching kids social skills is very important!

Yes, DD currently splits time btwn my dad and my MIL, but if/when we have baby #2, we will do daycare.

I'm actually excited about it because DD loves other kids and I think she will have a blast. :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If I get pregnant anytime soon, DH will still be in grad school, and I may or may not have more than 6 weeks of maternity leave. We'll assess our situation when the time comes in terms of what I will do, but regardless we will require SOME kind of childcare at least part of the time.

We haven't actually had a discussion regarding the type of care we'd prefer, but DH is the kind of guy who is most likely going to go with whatever I prefer, since he knows how ridiculous I am when it comes to obsessively looking into things. As it stands right now I would prefer a home daycare situation over a large daycare center. Someone nearby, possibly one within walking distance, who we can get to know and will have a more family-like relationship with the children rather than what we'd find at a center.

Our Squishy - 8/21/12
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    blog! thescenery.net
  • imagePharmJen:

imagekdjudd:
    I'm planning on being a SAHM. I used to think it was no big deal to send your baby to daycare or preschool, but then after taking so many PSYC classes in college I decided I didn't want anyone else to raise my child! I want to be an active part of his/her life during their critical developmental years! I wish my parents had been more active in my life during that time... 

I know SEVERAL working mommas who are very active in their LOs lives.  And daycare certainly isn't raising their kids for them.  I don't think children of working parents are any worse off than those who have a parent that stays home with them.  I'm sorry, I'm sure it wasn't your intention, but your post rubbed me the wrong way.

THANK YOU. I work (just went back last week, actually) and I raise my kids, not the babysitter.

2 girls and a dog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"