3rd Trimester
Options

pre-eclampsia question

If you have it/ or had it with a previous pregnancy- at what week was it detected?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: pre-eclampsia question

• Options

I had it with DS #1 and this pregnancy as well. With DS #1 it was detected at 28 weeks. With this pregnancy they diagnosed me at 31.5 weeks.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    I got diagnosed not that long ago, just short of 29 weeks. You should ask on the high risk board
    Photobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks-- I'm not completely worried about it, but I'm wondering what the norm is for detection.  The last time my blood pressure was quite high (at my doctors appointment) but they took it again after my appointment and it was normal. 

I have been having vision disturbances/blurriness, but when I take my BP at home it's always 100-120/60-80-- so normal.

• Options
    With DS 1 I was diagnosed at 24 weeks.  So far I haven't had it with this pregnancy, but from my understanding it can pop up at anytime. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My blood pressure went up at 28 weeks, and that's when the ob got very careful with my monitoring. I was diagnosed with mild pre-e at 34 weeks, and placed on bed rest.
  • Options
    38 weeks with DS #1.
  • Options
    I don't have it but my friend did and it was detected at 35 weeks at which point they induced her.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    i delivered at 31w4d, and 32w1d both due to preeclampsia.
  • Options
    I have HBP normally. With DD I was monitored weekly the entire pg for pre-Eclampsia. Delivered at 39 weeks because my water broke. Went home 2 days later and after 2 days of being home my BP went WAY up. Ended up in the ER with a BP of 201/194. The ER Check-in nurse freaked out and wouldn't let me walk. They put me in a cardiac arrest room and I was readmitted to Maternity for 3 more days. After all that monitoring no one told me there was such a thing as post partum pre-E. Currently I'm 31w 5 days and my BP has been very low. I'm on 1/3 of my usual med dosage, but I plan to watch things very closely after delivery.
    siggy should be here!
  • Options
    With my 1st DD I was diagnosed at 37 weeks, with this one i have been dealing with blood pressure issues for the past week and half and I am now off work and on BP meds with weekly 24 hour urines/and blood work to monitor for Pre E, plus taking my BP at home 3-5 times a day.
  • Options
    With my first I was diagnosed at 30 weeks.  I have my 30 week appointment later today and am keeping my fingers crossed.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"