April 2012 Moms
Options

How long before you got bloodwork back?

How long did you have to wait before you got your bloodwork back after your 1st appointment?

Tomorrow will be 2 weeks since my first OB appointment, when they took about 8 - 9 vials of blood. I've been calling for a week to see if they have the results and have not heard back. The office has been great about getting back to me for all my other questions, so I have to assume they just don't have any results yet.

I hate waiting!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How long before you got bloodwork back?

• Options
    The nurse who drew my blood told me that they would only call me back if there was something to be concerned about. I never heard anything, so everything was fine with my bloodwork.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

BFP #1 8/1/11, MMC 10/5/11, D&C 11/1/11
     BFP #2 5/28/13, EDD 1/17/14. Elliott - 12/31/13
  • Options
    Had mine at noon, called at 4:30 that day as instructed and the results were in. When is your next MD appt? A lot of times they wait until then to discuss.
    DD#1 11.7.07 - DD#2 11.2.10 (3rd Tri Loss)- DD#3 4.18.12
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Next appointment is October 14th. If you're calling for test results they send you right to a voicemail system to leave a message. If I still haven't heard anything by tomorrow, I think I will call the office and try to speak to a receptionist.

It's a good point though - I'm sure that if something didn't look right they would call me to come back in.

• Options
    I didn't need any blood work done, in the past it has only been if there was a problem or it was discussed at my next appt.  Does your city have an online service?  Mine doesn't but I know some places now post the results online for patients to see.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Are they looking for something specific? My NT b/w came back in just a few days, but they never called me about the b/w they did at my first appt. I'm just assumng that means everything's ok, since there was nothing specific I was worried about.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Took almost 3 weeks for me to hear that everything came back normal. I think the rule of thumb is no news is good news :)
  • Options

Thanks...you all made me feel a little better!

I guess I was just looking for confirmation that my hormone levels are all where they're supposed to be, and there are no glaring issues or concerns. 

• Options
    It took two days. They called to tell me that I am low on Vitamin D, so I have to take an extra Vitamin D pill once a week for 8 weeks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

My office just started doing online reporting, so 2-3 days later all my results were in my account, but with DD they didn't have all that and it was basically a no news is good news kind of thing. There are usually a ton of results from that draw, I wouldn't want them all read over the phone! Maybe request a print out at your next appointment if you want - though you may have to go through the lab for that depending on the office.

Did they tell you they were doing hormone testing? While it's fairly common it's not standard - my stuff was all CBCs, iron, STD testing, etc.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"