September 2011 Moms

GTKYB (your baby)...

For those with outside babes...

1) How old is LO?

2) BF or FF?

3) How long between feedings?

4) Longest stretch of sleep?

5) Biggest challenge thus far w/a newborn?

ETA- Bonus question: How are YOU doing... Physically & emotionally?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: GTKYB (your baby)...

• 1) How old is LO? 3 weeks today

2) BF or FF? BF

3) How long between feedings? Depends - Sometimes an hour and other 4-ish.

4) Longest stretch of sleep? She cluster fed from 8-11 last night and then slept until almost 5. I got 6 hrs!! I don't think that will happen again but I'm thankful for last night either way. Normally she goes 4 hrs at night but we've had a couple of 2 hr nights.

5) Biggest challenge thus far w/a newborn? I have a 5 year old too so it has more to do with having a newborn, DD starting a new school and not having SO around to help much. It is a little exhausting!

ETA- Bonus question: How are YOU doing... Physically & emotionally? I had a c/s so I'm trying to take it easy. Overall I'm doing really well physically. Emotionally, I really miss being pregnant and wish that I would have gone longer than 37 weeks. This is probably my last baby so it is a very emotional time. I spent a month on bedrest before birth so I'm a little drained.

• Writing from iPhone... Madilyn is 2 weeks and 5 days old today. I EP her breastmilk and she eats every 2-3 hours. Her longest stretch of sleep is about 3 hours maybe 3 1/2 at a time. The biggest struggle so far is sleeping at night and pumping enough milk for her. I've been pretty good and I love just spending time with her. My DH works a week away at a time though which is hard on both of us.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • 1) How old is LO? 3 weeks 1 day

2) BF or FF? BF

3) How long between feedings? Approximately 2 hours

4) Longest stretch of sleep? 5 hours

5) Biggest challenge thus far w/a newborn? Getting him to burp/fart

ETA- Bonus question: How are YOU doing... Physically & emotionally? Physically, I wish I could be more active with walking, and I can't wait to work out.  I'm good emotionally, but the real rough nights with the gas and not being able to help my LO really get to me.

• For those with outside babes...

1) How old is LO?   3 days

2) BF or FF? bf

3) How long between feedings?  about 1.5- 2 hours

4) Longest stretch of sleep? 3 hours

5) Biggest challenge thus far w/a newborn? lack of sleep> ds cluster feeds from midnight till 3-4, it's exhaustng.

ETA- Bonus question: How are YOU doing... Physically & emotionally? so far so good. great recovery from my c/s, unfortunately had reaction to tdap vaccine so had a high fever yest and diarrhea all day  :-(

1) How old is LO?  2weeks 4 days

2) BF or FF? Both.  I pump and supplement with formula.  E couldn't latch on correctly and I was sick of sobbing every time it was time to feed him.

3) How long between feedings? At night he eats about every 1 1/2- 2 1/2 hours.  During the day, he eats every 3-4 hours.

4) Longest stretch of sleep? Once, he went 5 hours, but that was when we first got home from the hospital and I slept through my alarm. 

5) Biggest challenge thus far w/a newborn?  Having time to sleep, shower, or clean.  Sleeping always takes priority.  Oh, and washing bottles/pump parts 10 times a day.

ETA- Bonus question: How are YOU doing... Physically & emotionally?  I'm actually doing really well.  I've had a couple of mini meltdowns, but I really haven't had any baby blues or PPD.  Since I had a c-section, things were a little rough in the beginning, physicaly, but I'm okay now.  I haven't taken so much as an Advil since Tuesday.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1) How old is LO? 3 weeks 1 day

2) BF or FF? BF

3) How long between feedings? 1, 2 or 3 hours... Totally inconsistent... :-(

4) Longest stretch of sleep? 3.5 hours (during the day)

5) Biggest challenge thus far w/a newborn? Lack of sleep, difficulties BF...

ETA- Bonus question: How are YOU doing... Physically & emotionally? Physically - The pain from BFing isn't fun. Everything else feels great.   Emotionally - Nights are difficult for me, I'm not sure she has her days/nights figured out yet. Im not going to lie... I have shed a few tears but I know it's normal baby blues...

• imageJKGymnast:

1) How old is LO? Just over 2 weeks

2) BF or FF? BF

3) How long between feedings? 2 to 2.5 hours during the day, longer at night (YEAH!!)

4) Longest stretch of sleep? 7 hours ... only once though.  Typically will do a 4 hour stretch at night though

5) Biggest challenge thus far w/a newborn? Balancing her needs with the needs of my two year old.

ETA- Bonus question: How are YOU doing... Physically & emotionally? Emotionally doing way better than after DS - my guess is a lot of it has to do with getting longer sleep stretches at night.  Physically slowly healing, ready to be able to get back into a routine ... it is frustrating to have to take it slow and not be able to be active with DS yet. 

• imageJKGymnast:

1) How old is LO?

11 days 

2) BF or FF?

EBF 

2ish hours

3hrs

the crying...i cant wait until she can talk lol

physically-getting there

emotionally-not so good

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageJKGymnast:

1) How old is LO?

2 weeks and 4 days 

2) BF or FF?

BF 

2 hours during the day and any where from 3 to five hours at night! (I got lucky with him!) 

5 hours! 

Laundry piling up because every 2 hours during the day I am feeding and then I still have to cook dinner and balance 3 step sons. So sometimes the chores get pushed to the side :( It is driving me nuts that I don't have any socks right now becuause they are all still in the washer! lol 

Physically- I feel like I am still swelled up "down there". I feel like my stitches from where I tore are never going to heal and my hips are still popping! Emotionally- I am doing great! I had an incident yesterday where chunky monkey was screaming in his swing (and he never screams) but I was breaking up a fight between the ss's. By the time I got to chunky monkey he had fallen asleep and I broke down because I felt like I had neglected him.  

• 1) How old is LO? 3w 2d

2) BF or FF? BF

3) How long between feedings? about 3 hrs or so

4) Longest stretch of sleep? 4-5 hrs

5) Biggest challenge thus far w/a newborn? Fussiness when I know the baby is fed, changed and cuddled.

ETA- Bonus question: How are YOU doing... Physically & emotionally? Physically, I'm great!  Emotionally, BFing is very hard for me, but I'm working through it.

• 1) How old is LO?  3 weeks, 3 days

2) BF or FF? BF

3) How long between feedings? 1.5-3.5 hours

4) Longest stretch of sleep? 3.5 hours

5) Biggest challenge thus far w/a newborn?  Getting other things done around the house and getting him to sleep at night when his gas is really bothering him. 

ETA- Bonus question: How are YOU doing... Physically & emotionally? Physically-Awesome.  Emotionally-I miss being pregnant (especially feeling him inside me) and want to have another baby really soon.  BUT, in my head I know I should wait at least 1 year before trying. 

• 1) How old is LO? 9 days old

2) BF or FF?  FF

3) How long between feedings? 3.5-4 hours

4) Longest stretch of sleep? 4 hours

5) Biggest challenge thus far w/a newborn? Sleep deprivation

ETA- Bonus question: How are YOU doing... Physically & emotionally? Physically, I'm feeling much better from c/s.  Emotionally, the lack of sleep is wearing on my nerves, and I think I have a mild case of the blues.

• imageJKGymnast:

1) How old is LO? 4 weeks tomorrow

2) BF or FF? FF

3) How long between feedings? every 3-4 hours. 

4) Longest stretch of sleep? 6 hours once.  otherwise it's 3-4 hours.

5) Biggest challenge thus far w/a newborn?  being able to rest during the day.  hard to do with a 2 year old too.

good on both parts.  just really tired. 

• 1) How old is LO? 5w3d

2) BF or FF? BF

3) How long between feedings? totally inconsistent. Could be 30 minutes, could be 4 hours.

4) Longest stretch of sleep? 4ish hours

5) Biggest challenge thus far w/a newborn?We're in the process of selling our house and moving to another state, so it's hard with people constantly in and out

ETA- Bonus question: How are YOU doing... Physically & emotionally? Physically I was pretty unhappy for a while, but I'm doing much better now! Emotionally... I'm exhausted and feel like I should be getting more done with my days. Mix that with our move, and I definitely have some anxiety happening. I've also felt really frustrated by BFing, though logistically it's gone pretty smoothly.

TTC since 10/07
    11 medicated cycles
    including...
    4 IUIs*5 IVFs*1 FET
    2 chemical pregnancies*missed m/c @8w 9/09*missed (twin) m/c @8w 5/10
    Laparoscopic myomectomy 8/10

Chromosomal translocation of #2 now requires ICSI and PGD

IVF #4= success!!! G-man born 8/18/11

IVF #5 2/2013 = N born 10/10/13 at 35w3d

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • 1) How old is LO? He is 19 days today.

2) BF or FF? BF

3) How long between feedings? Anywhere from an hour to four hours

4) Longest stretch of sleep? He has slept 5 hours at one time before, but in general it's a couple hours. Maybe 3.

5) Biggest challenge thus far w/a newborn? Getting other things done... he doesn't like to not be held, and I cannot listen to him scream when I do put him down. :(

ETA- Bonus question: How are YOU doing... Physically & emotionally?  I am doing ok, both physically and mentally. Physically I feel 95% healed- there are times when I hurt quite a bit. But usually it's just a bit uncomfortable. Mentally I'm just tired, and I do get overwhelmed being the sole source of food for him. I do pump and DH can give him bottles but I've found that it seems to make the next nursing session a little harder, like he's confused or something.

Wyatt 9/6/2011 
    Tessa 7/5/2013
    Baby #3- ????? (ttc soon)

• 1) How old is LO? 1 week 6 days

2) BF or FF? BF

3) How long between feedings? 2 hours, 3 if I'm lucky - mostly this at night

4) Longest stretch of sleep? I think 4 hours

5) Biggest challenge thus far w/a newborn? he hates being in his car seat, cries so much and I hate it because I can't pick him up in the car! that and he caught a cold last week and it was torture seeing him like that

Emotionally for the most part I am doing really well, after a car trip today when he was crying not so good. I was so stressed. Physically after my c/s I finally feel like I am healing a lot, but I ran some errands today and I think it was too much, my incision is sore.

336a Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageJKGymnast:

1) How old is LO?  4 weeks today

2) BF or FF?  BF

3) How long between feedings?  1.5- 4.5 hours, unless he is cluster-feeding, then maybe a half hour

4) Longest stretch of sleep?  4.5 hours a few nights ago! It was Heaven Big Smile

5) Biggest challenge thus far w/a newborn?  I forgot how hard it is to be up around the clock! And he is a slow eater, so feeding typically take an hour or more. And since I have a toddler, I cannot nap when baby naps. That part sucks.

I am doing okay, though it is really hard to be sleep-deprived. I lose my patience with DD sometimes, and I feel like an arse for that. I am ready for a vacation!

• 1) How old is LO? 4 weeks

2) BF or FF? BF

3) How long between feedings? It really varies

4) Longest stretch of sleep?a little over 5 hours

5) Biggest challenge thus far w/a newborn?breastfeeding was really a struggle in the beginning, we had latch issues. This added to our sleep deprivation at it sometimes took hours to feed her. It is getting better though.

ETA- Bonus question: How are YOU doing... Physically & emotionally? Physically I feel okay, however I am being monitored for blood pressure issues which came up at the very end of my pregnancy. Emotionally I am doing better now that I am getting more sleep. 

imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1) How old is LO?

3 weeks tomorrow!

2) BF or FF?

BF

2 - 2 1/2 hours

3 - 3 1/2 hours

Breastfeeding!! LO wasn't gaining weight in the beginning but started to this past Tuesday. I didn't realize that BF was something that we'd both have to learn to do.

ETA- Bonus question: How are YOU doing... Physically & emotionally

Besides being tired, I feel like a million bucks! Everyday I stare at him and count my blessings. He is the most amazing little man! Life is good Big Smile

• 1) How old is LO? 2 weeks 3 days

2) BF or FF? BF

3) How long between feedings? 2-3 hours

4) Longest stretch of sleep? 5 hours

5) Biggest challenge thus far w/a newborn? BF used to be the biggest challenge, thats getting better so now its trying to integrate my school responsibilities and baby. So far school is falling behind. 

ETA- Bonus question: How are YOU doing... Physically & emotionally? Emotionally I'm really good. Physically I'm good with the exception of horrible hemorrhoids that just decided to appear over the last few days.

• 1) How old is LO? 15 days! Already!

2) BF or FF? BF

3) How long between feedings? He is usually ready at about 3 to 3.5 hours.

4) Longest stretch of sleep? I don't go longer then 4 hours because he needs to eat no longer than that.

5) Biggest challenge thus far w/a newborn? Going anywhere. It takes FOREVER to get out of the house. Every time I go to put him in his car seat, he explodes a diaper. I'm pretty sure he does it on purpose. =P I don't leave the house without feeding him first, and sometimes he can take an hour to eat.

Physically, I feel fantastic. I never had any pain in my vagina after birth or anything like that. I have been very blessed with all of that stuff. 

Emotionally, I am so much better. I had severe postpartum hypertension after delivery and I was delusional. Very, very scary. But now, I'm fine and everything is great. My mom is here visiting and that has been stressful, but as for the baby and everything, we're great. 

• 1) How old is LO? 10 days2) BF or FF? FF3) How long between feedings? 1-4 hours, depending if it's a sleeping time of day or an eating time of day4) Longest stretch of sleep? 4 hours5) Biggest challenge thus far w/a newborn? The newborn is easy. My challenge is the toddler...ETA- Bonus question: How are YOU doing... Physically & emotionally? I am healing well and feeling pretty good physically. Emotionally, DS1 is wearing me down. I don't think I can handle 1 more temper tantrum.  
    imageimageimage
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • 1) How old is LO? 3 weeks today

2) BF or FF? Bf

3) How long between feedings? On average 2 hours

4) Longest stretch of sleep? 3.5 hours

5) Biggest challenge thus far w/a newborn? Not too much, but probably the pain when first breastfeeding

ETA- Bonus question: How are YOU doing... Physically & emotionally? I'm doing great! Was weepy at first but feel like I have balanced out with the hormones already! Physically I had it pretty easy too so I can't complain!

• 1. 2 weeks tomorrow

2. BF

3. 2-3hrs

4. 2 hrs

5. Caring for a 5 and 3 year old

6. Tired and a little stressed with keeping up with house. 

BabyFruit TickerLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers image image
  • 1) How old is LO? 12 days

2) BF or FF? FF

3) How long between feedings? About 3 hours, sometimes more, sometimes less

4) Longest stretch of sleep? 4 hours?

5) Biggest challenge thus far w/a newborn? The sleep. Or lack thereof.

ETA- Bonus question: How are YOU doing... Physically & emotionally? Physically I feel almost 100%, I still get the occassional twinge in my belly, but mostly I'm great. Emotionally I'm pretty good, I've had a couple of crying jags, but other than that I'm ok.

• 1) How old is LO?  2 weeks and 4 days2) BF or FF? Formula3) How long between feedings? 3 to 4 hours4) Longest stretch of sleep? about 5 hours5) Biggest challenge thus far w/a newborn? Getting accustom to having him around and everything revolving round him.ETA- Bonus question: How are YOU doing... Physically & emotionally? I'm doing pretty good. My mom has been staying with me the entire time and has been a huge help! I'm still recovering from the c-section can't wait to start working out. I ran into the baby blues the first week home from the hospital but they have passed.
  • 1) How old is LO? 22 days

2) BF or FF? FF

3) How long between feedings?  3-4 hours

4) Longest stretch of sleep? we had a 4.5 hour stretch but on average it's a couple hours

5) Biggest challenge thus far w/a newborn? trying to make him feel better when he's gassy

ETA- Bonus question: How are YOU doing... Physically & emotionally? Physically doing well.  still anemic but not nearly as bad.  Emotionally - pretty good.  I do realized I get frustrated pretty easily and cry every couple days - sometimes it's because of the sleep deprivation other times it's because I get so overwhelmed with the fact that DH and I made a person who is perfect and melts my heart.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageJKGymnast:

1) How old is LO?  1 week today

2) BF or FF?  BF - put exclusively pumping...LO will not latch to me

3) How long between feedings?  1-3 hours

4) Longest stretch of sleep?3 hours last night...lovely

5) Biggest challenge thus far w/a newborn? had a few nights where he was up and fussing for 2 hours, no matter what.  thank goodness dh took his turn with LO

ETA- Bonus question: How are YOU doing... Physically & emotionally?  physically - not too bad, i really need to see my chiropractor, got some hemi pain, and stitches are rarely uncomfortable.  emotionally, doing great, scared of dh going to work next week, and pretty homesick for family (4 hours away)

• 1) How old is LO?   9 days2) BF or FF?  BF, but we did have to supplement a few times with formula while waiting for my milk to come in because she was jaundiced.3) How long between feedings?  Varies.  She seems to cluster a few times a day and then has longer stretches without.4) Longest stretch of sleep?  I haven't exactly tracked it, but she usually sleeps from 11 or midnight until at least 6 or 7.  Then she eats and typically will go back to sleep.  I was trying to wake her more frequently in the night because of the jaundice at first but it never really worked.  Now that the jaundice is resolved, I'm letting her sleep and not complaining!5) Biggest challenge thus far w/a newborn?  BF has been more difficult this time around.  I had a complete meltdown when we had to give her formula.  I BF DD#1 for 13+ months with no issues so I felt like a total failure.  I know formula is not bad, but it just wasn't in my plan.ETA- Bonus question: How are YOU doing... Physically & emotionally?  I'm doing okay.  I'm healing well from delivery (2nd degree tear) but I'm now fairly certain I have a UTI.  I'm waiting for a call back from my OB.
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

1) How old is LO? 1 week and 3 days

2) BF or FF? BF

3) How long between feedings? I have to wake him up every 2-3 hours during the day because he would probably just sleep all day if you let him.... at night, he does not sleep as much so...it feels constant sometimes..

4) Longest stretch of sleep? During the day I think I let him go like 4 hours before waking him to change/feed... he might have been able to go longer.

5) Biggest challenge thus far w/a newborn? Figuring out any kind of a sleep routine...more so for ME... I'm so tired, I can't even sit thru a feeding without nodding off, which scares the hell out of me... I don't want to sleep on him while he's feeding.  He falls asleep while feeding everytime too.  It's a struggle because feedings take so much longer than they should because he's either too impatient/tired to latch right for several minutes, so it's a fight to get that right to begin with...then once he does, he'll go for like 5 min and then fall asleep off and on so I have to keep waking/engaging him....

ETA- Bonus question: How are YOU doing... Physically & emotionally? Tired....and emotionally overwhelmed...

Cat leg goes crazy and beats itself in the face

image  image
  • imageCass&Derek:

1) How old is LO?   A little more than 3 weeks.

2) BF or FF?  BF

3) How long between feedings?  3-4 hours usually, sometimes she likes to cluster in the evening.

4) Longest stretch of sleep? 6 hours, she often will go 4-5 at night.

5) Biggest challenge thus far w/a newborn? Um, nipple trauma.  

ETA- Bonus question: How are YOU doing... Physically & emotionally? I'm doing great - I broke some rules and have already had sex and exercised :).  Emotionally, I'm good - a few hormonal tears, but nothing major.

• imageJKGymnast:

1) How old is LO? 8 days old

2) BF or FF?  EBF

3) How long between feedings? day time - 4 hrs. night time - 2.5 - 3 hrs. Can't wait for that to reverse!!

4) Longest stretch of sleep? 4 hours.  It was glorious!

5) Biggest challenge thus far w/a newborn? BFing/proper latch

ETA- Bonus question: How are YOU doing... Physically & emotionally? Physically, I'm sitll waitin for my vaj to stop hurting.  My body is doing a great job at returning to its former shape.  Emotionally,  I am still in a new baby bliss.  I would compare the feeling to my honeymoon.   pretty sure a crash is in my near future..

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"