3rd Trimester

extreme braxton hicks 36 weeks

I am having extreme, cramping contractions some are twenty minutes apart, others are a minute apart, Usually five to ten an hour. They are enough to keep me doubled over in pain. They last from twenty seconds to a minute. Went to the hospital last night, they monitored me for an hour and sent me home at four am. Anyone experiencing anything like this. Apparently the nurse said its normal, and common.

Re: extreme braxton hicks 36 weeks

• Do you just feel them in your belly, or are they accompanied by back pain or pain in your legs?  If so, it sounds like it may be early active labor. Take a warm, relaxing bath and drink some water. With time you'll know if this is the "real" thing :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Brayden (5 1/2) born 12.28.06
    Hailey (4 1/2) born 2.25.08
    Taylor (8 Months) born 12.26.11
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Yep, pretty normal at this point.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagenic326:
    Yep, pretty normal at this point.
    Sporadic BH are normal, HOWEVER BH that make you double over in pain are NOT normal.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Brayden (5 1/2) born 12.28.06
    Hailey (4 1/2) born 2.25.08
    Taylor (8 Months) born 12.26.11
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagebmxermj12@aol.com:
    I am having extreme, cramping contractions some are twenty minutes apart, others are a minute apart, Usually five to ten an hour. They are enough to keep me doubled over in pain. They last from twenty seconds to a minute. Went to the hospital last night, they monitored me for an hour and sent me home at four am. Anyone experiencing anything like this. Apparently the nurse said its normal, and common.
    s

I'm almost 40 weeks and I am just now getting severe Braxton Hicks. Just like yours they are 10-20 minutes apart and last any where to 30 seconds to a minute. They dont make me double over, but they sure do take my breath away sometimes. They are completely normal, and completely annoying. Just drink lots of water, and try to relax... it's just your body prepping you for the big day.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageJ&JSuiter070205:
    imagenic326:
    Yep, pretty normal at this point.
    Sporadic BH are normal, HOWEVER BH that make you double over in pain are NOT normal.

They can be, unfortunately...  I've got them too. Doc said if they're not regular, they're BH. He said not to go back until they're regular and they hurt so bad I can't talk more than one word - which I can even if I'm doubled over.  It seems like strange parameters to me, since everyone's pain threshold is different. But I guess the point is, BH can be pretty painful and still be normal. Sadly. 

But maybe it means you're getting close to the real thing! 

Waiting for #3!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Do you feel a lot of pressure too?

Drink lots of water, relax, lay down for a couple of hours and if you're still having it, call your doctor.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had some erratic contractions today as well.  Ranged from 4-15 minutes apart (no pattern at all) over the course of two hours.  Definitive peaks at the start of them, and sometimes the peak would take my breath away...but I was able to go about with things otherwise.

I ended up trying the tricks I've heard of to stop BH's.  Laying down/changing positions didn't work.  Drinking water helped a little, but didn't stop them.  (TMI warning) Using the restroom is what finally did the trick. 

I've been told they are pretty normal at this point.  Our bodies practicing for the big day, basically. 

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• Does anyone else notice that their BH get worse if they need to pee?  I woke up several times last night with painful BH and I also had to pee.  I wasn't sure if there was a correlation.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageshorteelaw:
    Does anyone else notice that their BH get worse if they need to pee?  I woke up several times last night with painful BH and I also had to pee.  I wasn't sure if there was a correlation.

YES!! Even already at 30 weeks. My midwife says it's because it's my second pregnancy. I THINK it's because the contraction puts pressure on your bladder and it makes it more obvious that there's something in there. Ive been getting them pretty frequently (like once an hour or so) so im going to the bathroom that often as well.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageNovas Mommy:

YES!! Even already at 30 weeks. My midwife says it's because it's my second pregnancy. I THINK it's because the contraction puts pressure on your bladder and it makes it more obvious that there's something in there. Ive been getting them pretty frequently (like once an hour or so) so im going to the bathroom that often as well.

That makes total sense.  They're waking me up at night about every 90 minutes and I try to sit up to go to the bathroom but the tightening in my belly makes it almost impossible to get up. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"