Secondary IF

Hello!

Hello Everyone,

I have been lurking on the bump boards for a while now and decided it was time to introduce myself to this group.

I had my DS in Oct 2005, he was a healthy baby and conceived very quickly. DH and I have been trying to conceive again for the past 2 years. I was diagnosed with PCOS about a year ago and started Provera to induce AF and than started 50 mg of Clomid, when that was unsuccessful I was put on Metformin and after a few months I decided to switch doctors because I still unable to ovulate.

I am now on my first cycle on 100 mg of Clomid and have my u/s next Monday to see if it's working.  My doctor said that he may give me a trigger shot that day as well. So, here's hoping that something eventually works! My doctor seemed very optimistic which really makes me feel a little better.

I wish you all the best of luck and look forward to getting to know some of you! 

11/05/10 - Found out I had PCOS 11/08/10- Started Provera to get AF 11/20/10 - AF!! 11/24/10 - Start 50 mg Clomid Received blood work back to determine no ovulation occurred :( 12/20/10 - Met with RE 12/21/10 - Started Metformin 03/10/11 - Started Clomid 50 mg Still no ovulation 4/20/11- Started another round of 50 mg Clomid No Sign of Ovulation 5/20/11- Last round of 50 mg Clomid No signs of ovulation 6/20/11 - Dieted and lost 20 pounds and decided to take a mental break from the baby making. Contacted a new RE 9/21/11 - Started First Round of 100 mg Clomid 10/3/11 - Ultra Sound showed Clomid worked! Received trigger shot 10/4/11- IUI scheduled. FINGERS CROSSED!!!

Re: Hello!

• Welcome! And best of luck to you.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Welcome and good luck, I hope you get your BFP soon!
  • Loading the player...
  • Welcome! Good luck!
    Conceived DD after 15 cycles--- TTC #2 since 11/10---Me- Poor egg quality and supply---DH- Poor count and motility---2 rounds 75IU Follistim/IUI-BFN---5/12 150IU Follistim/IUI-Over-produced! Converted to IVF! 0 fertilized:( Rescue ICSI performed. 2 embryos transfered-BFN

---------Game Over---------

Moving on as a family of 3
    Lou's Infertility News

<a href="http://s863.photobucket.com/albums/ab199/lillinzlou2/?action=view
  • Welcome!  Our DCs are about the same age - my DD was born Dec 2005 and we've been trying for almost 3 years.  Also Dx with PCOS, also had no luck Oing on Clomid!  I hope it works for you this month!  If not, ask about Femara - does the same thing but seems to have higher success for those of us with PCOS, and no S/E.  GL with your u/s Monday and look forward to seeing you around!
    Doriimage
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."

Miracle DD born 12.2005
    TTC #2 since Dec 2008 w/ PCOS
    ***P/SAIF Always Welcome***

Keep it Natural, Baby!
  • Welcome and good luck, I hope your stay here is short and sweet.
  • imageJMay:
    Welcome!  Our DCs are about the same age - my DD was born Dec 2005 and we've been trying for almost 3 years.  Also Dx with PCOS, also had no luck Oing on Clomid!  I hope it works for you this month!  If not, ask about Femara - does the same thing but seems to have higher success for those of us with PCOS, and no S/E.  GL with your u/s Monday and look forward to seeing you around!

Thank you! I will definitely talk to my DR about Femara if this round doesn't work! :) 

11/05/10 - Found out I had PCOS 11/08/10- Started Provera to get AF 11/20/10 - AF!! 11/24/10 - Start 50 mg Clomid Received blood work back to determine no ovulation occurred :( 12/20/10 - Met with RE 12/21/10 - Started Metformin 03/10/11 - Started Clomid 50 mg Still no ovulation 4/20/11- Started another round of 50 mg Clomid No Sign of Ovulation 5/20/11- Last round of 50 mg Clomid No signs of ovulation 6/20/11 - Dieted and lost 20 pounds and decided to take a mental break from the baby making. Contacted a new RE 9/21/11 - Started First Round of 100 mg Clomid 10/3/11 - Ultra Sound showed Clomid worked! Received trigger shot 10/4/11- IUI scheduled. FINGERS CROSSED!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"