3rd Trimester

Scared...

Maybe I am a bad mommy already but I don't know if I can do this! I swear I love and want my baby but does it ever just hit you? Like Wow. I am about to be a parent and I am so not ready! Things have changed so much already and there is so much I have yet to do! I feel like I have no idea what I have gotten myself into... I have been having mini panic attacks for the last few weeks! Anyone else?! Or am I just crazy?

Re: Scared...

• You are not a bad mommy.  Having a baby is a huge life altering event.  When you add hormones and all of the unknowns it is hard to deal with.

I was sooo overwhelmed after DS was born (ended up later with PP depression) that the morning after we got home from the hospital I asked DH if we could take him back to the hospital and they wouldn't ask any questions.

I can look back on that and laugh now,  but there are just so many things to do an think about.

Relax and take some time for yourself this weekend - it will be hard to come by later! 

Owen - January 2009 Image and video hosting by TinyPic Owen is a big brother!!! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I know exactly how you feel. I love this baby so much already, but I'm really scared at the same time! It's finally hitting me that I am responsible for taking care of another human being! I think it's completely normal to have these feelings. I'm sure you will be a great mom since you do care this much!
  • Loading the player...
  • I feel the same way! We have tried for this baby short of 2 years, and lost a pregnancy in the process.. but now that I'm 30 weeks on Monday it's hit me that this is for real and it' isn't changing! I'm super stoked, but nervous I'm going to do everything wrong! lol
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Definitely not a bad Mum. I remember not being even a little worried about labour, but terrified of having a newborn baby in my care.

Everyone's reaction to motherhood in those early days/weeks is different. But it's common to feel overwhelmed, exhausted, and uncertain as well as the positives of fulfillment, and incredible love for your child. 

The balance of how those emotions and others play out for you is a very personal thing.

The important thing to remember is that no matter how you feel you are certainly not alone, and that if your baby is loved, and cared for then you are doing a great job.

Good luck with your impending arrival. How exciting for you! 

Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• On the opposite, I think it's completely healthy to have these kind of panicky moments.  It just means that you want to do well.  Don't be so hard on yourself!!!  Give yourself a break and just take it one day at a time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• imageMrsWilson93:

Maybe I am a bad mommy already but I don't know if I can do this! I swear I love and want my baby but does it ever just hit you? Like Wow. I am about to be a parent and I am so not ready! Things have changed so much already and there is so much I have yet to do! I feel like I have no idea what I have gotten myself into... I have been having mini panic attacks for the last few weeks! Anyone else?! Or am I just crazy?

Yep, I'm having the same feelings. I'm 30, have been with my husband almost 10 years and married to him for almost 7, and we intentionally waited to start a family. It's good because we have a home and good jobs and are established financially and as a couple, but we're also very set into our child-free lifestyle and we enjoy our freedom. I've been having tons of "not ready" and "what was I thinking?" feelings for a couple of months now.

I've talked to a few friends about it, and they've all said that there's a definite grieving process and mourning period right before and after that first child comes along because life is changing and we're losing that kid-free identity and lifestyle.

DS: 11/8/11 | 9 lb 7 oz, 22 in
    DD: 5/22/14 | 9 lb 9 oz, 21.5 in

• It's normal to feel this way. It's a new experience in life that you know nothing about. Once your LO is here and you bond you won't be able to imagine your life without them. Heck I am nerves about raising two. Not sure how I will manage my time with both. I am sure once I am.on the job I will figure it out.
    ~I Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Posting from an Android sorry for any errors
  • I think it's normal to have those "We're having a baby" moments. My DH & I have them on and off all the time. I think when your life is getting ready to change that drastically you going to have those moments!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"