3rd Trimester

Anyone elses cat acting funny?

Its rather funny. Towards the begining of the pregnancy she just started acting all funny and being attached to me. Now when I'm not home she will sleep, but once i get home she stays in the kitchen and constantly meow. Before she would never meow unless she needed fed or given water. I always check her dishes and it's fine but she will always meow and she will sit on my lap. Last night she slept at my feet and would not leave my room at all. (before she would sleep downstairs in the living room) I find it pretty funny how wierd she's acting now. haha
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone elses cat acting funny?

• i don't have a cat but my dog has been acting extremely needy recently.  he has been especially cuddly and likes to sleep next to my stomach at night, which is unusual.

• Mine is just weird in general! She has gotten more attached to me and my husband in recent months, but we moved into a new house so I assume that's what it was. She won't go downstairs without one of us- it is cute and a little sad. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh my goodness, yes! My cat talks all the time, that's not that odd for her but lately she just won't shut up and she also has plenty of food and water. She's not the most affectionate cat but the last couple of days she's been wanting to sleep next to me when I lay on the couch, she won't sleep on me but right up against me. Then if I get up to go the bathroom or to the kitchen she's been following me. It's pretty cute. She was super needy like this right before we got our dog so I wonder if she can sense that a new arrival is coming soon and that's why she's being so sweet. lol

• My dogs have been very needy lately and following me around.  They even try to sleep near my side of the bed (usually 1 sleeps about 5 feet from my side of the bed and the other sleeps next to DH's side of the bed).  And both have taken to following me into the bathroom the 15 times a day that I have to go.  Usually just the one that sleeps near my side of the bed follows me in the bathroom.  I'm just surprised they haven't started acting weird before this.
  • ...I share a house with my mother.. and my mom's cat used to me by cat... I had to give him up about 2 years ago.. but now we all live together..

Anyways, he just recently started hanging out around my room all the time.. he's meowing at my door early in the morning to come in.. I feel like I have a cat stalker.. It's nice but weird :)

• My cats been insane to the point that she's now an indoor/outdoor kitty. She was fine the first few months but once I started showing she began to act funny. It started out small with just wanting to cuddle (she's not a cuddler), meowing more often and generally following me everywhere. Now if I sit down she grooms me (like all out, getting down to the roots of my hair and everything!) and my belly and just constantly wants to rest on my 'bump" purring and making dough. I'm glad she's excited but she's driving me nuts!
  • My dogs act different when I'm getting close to delivery time. They follow me around lay near me where ever I'm at and sniffs around a bunch too! it's funny
  • Yes! I thought our dog was getting sick or something.. the past few days he has seemed extra cuddly and needy. He follows me around the house allll day.. and whenever I go to the bathroom, he will wait outside the door until I'm done! He usually likes to play a lot.. but recently he just wants to be pet lol..

I definitely think that our pets.. whether it is a cat or dog or whatever else.. they can sense that something is about to change.. if it hasn't already..

This may sound like a stupid question, but I wonder if our pets can sense the baby inside our belly?? Or do you think it's just the commotion of everything going on outside of their "norm" that is making them react differently?? Not trying to take over this post, but it got me thinking lol.

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • My cat has been pretty vocal and very close to me as well. He's an indoor/outdoor cat and my husband says he doesnt come home until i do. haha!

One of our female dogs (who has had a litter of puppies herself) has been acting more calm around me. Almost like she knows what's going on.

• My dog started acting differently as soon as I was pregnant, but in the past couple of weeks, she has become incredibly needy and clingy.  I was kind of worried at first, but now I just think that she can smell the crazy hormones or sense the impending change.  It doesn't bother me too much, I know she'll chillax a little while after LO comes and she realizes she's still part of the family.
    Visit The Nest! Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Yes!  One of our cats, who is usually too smitten with my DH to even care about me, has started to follow me everywhere.  She lays on me and puts her paws on my belly.  She sleeps at my feet.  They totally know! 
  • My cat has been following me around the house and has been sleeping draped across my belly.  She would usually hide during the day and sleep by DH's feet.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• Yes!  I can't keep them off of me.  They lounge all over me during the day, cry at night when I'm trying to sleep, and can't stand to have a closed door between us (they will throw themselves against the door until I give in and open it).  The cute thing is that they interact with the bump too.  One of them will invariably be draped across my belly and then when the baby starts kicking they will paw back at him and look up at me as if to say, "WTF was that?"
  • imageshannyn0:

i don't have a cat but my dog has been acting extremely needy recently.  he has been especially cuddly and likes to sleep next to my stomach at night, which is unusual.

This is exactly how my cats have been acting, even with the belly snuggles.  They have to constantly be near me and I'm not allowed anywhere in the house without a cat going with me.  LOL

• My orange tabby has become my fuzzy shadow lately. I had to put a jingly bell collar on him so I can tell when he's around. He's usually a daddy's boy, but he's been extremely needy/cuddly with me lately.
  • Danger, do let your cat near your baby. It wants to suck your baby's breath!

• They can smell the changes in your hormones and the pheromones you're putting out. You smell like "mom" to them. Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"