Babies: 6 - 9 Months

What 90s food did you love?

Who loved rice krispies treats cereal? I just saw it back on the shelf at the grocer store!

That got me thinking of all the "kid" foods we munched on that are no longer made. Anyone remember dunkaroos? Or those dinosaur graham crackers?  I could really go for some dino grahams.

What "retired" food did you enjoy? 

IMG_8165 lb4lyfe2
Online Photo Editor

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Ztarrgheighzurr Lylliegh Smith is due in January!
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: What 90s food did you love?

• Dunkaroos!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Wait, rice krispies treats cereal? Like, not just regular rice krispies?

I know they're still around now, but I haven't had a Ring Pop in like 15 years.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • Dunkaroos were the best!  Teddy grahams and icing just aren't the same.  I also loved ecto-cooler (do they still make it? idk)

• Trix Yogurt! I also loved those Orbit drinks or whatever they were called. I was a kid in the 90's, so I didn't see the weirdness in tiny balls floating around in my drink. 

Livian Elizabeth and Alayna Marjorie!  On their way to 3!
    Lilypie - (mtvk)
    Lilypie - (WdLV)
  • imageNatalie_may:

Dunkaroos were the best!  Teddy grahams and icing just aren't the same.  I also loved ecto-cooler (do they still make it? idk)

I haven't heard of that.

Crystal pepsi, anyone? 

IMG_8165 lb4lyfe2
    Online Photo Editor

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Ztarrgheighzurr Lylliegh Smith is due in January!
  • I just saw Dunkaroos at the store last week!!  I miss Surge soda and those Smors candy bars by Hershey. 
  • imageAllisonb17:

Trix Yogurt! I also loved those Orbit drinks or whatever they were called. I was a kid in the 90's, so I didn't see the weirdness in tiny balls floating around in my drink. 

OMG, I forgot about Orbit drinks!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Rice Krispie Cereal 

Frutopia juice

Life Saver Holes

I'm going to have to look for the Rice Krispie cereal now. I'd love it if that actually came back. It was soooo good.

• imagesrs5624:

Rice Krispie Cereal 

Frutopia juice

Life Saver Holes

I'm going to have to look for the Rice Krispie cereal now. I'd love it if that actually came back. It was soooo good.

It's back at walmart! 

IMG_8165 lb4lyfe2
    Online Photo Editor

• You don't have Rice Krispies? They've always been around here.

Im sure they're still around, but I haven't had a Slush Puppy in ages.

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageTitts McGeee:
    imageNatalie_may:

Dunkaroos were the best!  Teddy grahams and icing just aren't the same.  I also loved ecto-cooler (do they still make it? idk)

I haven't heard of that.

Crystal pepsi, anyone? 

This is what Crystal Pepsi makes me think of (sorry, lousy quality but the internet wasn't around for these video gems in 1992): https://redux.com/stream/item/1007907/CRYSTAL-Gravy

• Cruunchy stars.  It was a cereal made back in the 80s, with the Swedish Chef on the front (he's one of the muppets).  Also, it's not retired, but we bought DS Kix cereal a few weeks ago and I tried it and it brought back memories of childhood right away.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Well, mine is not 90's, it's 80's. I LOVED Bonkers fruit candy, anyone remember those?
    252855_10150214241312114_262494087113_7012916_3895481_n-2Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker Siggy check.
  • imageAshasaurusRex:
    Well, mine is not 90's, it's 80's. I LOVED Bonkers fruit candy, anyone remember those?

OMG I forgot about Bonkers.

RayRay - There are still Slush Puppies all over the place where I live (podunk Pennsylvania). The local mall even has one in the food court.

• Waffle Crisp!!! I still sadly check the cereal aisle whenever we go shopping, but they don't have it.  They never will.
    Bumpie formerly known as t3h1337sk83r31f.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageRayRay007:

You don't have Rice Krispies? They've always been around here.

Not just rice krispies, rice krispies TREATS. Try it, you will love me. 

IMG_8165 lb4lyfe2
    Online Photo Editor

• imageTitts McGeee:
    imageRayRay007:

You don't have Rice Krispies? They've always been around here.

Not just rice krispies, rice krispies TREATS. Try it, you will love me. 

This. And I'm not that big a fan of RKT to begin with but the cereal was awesome.

• I loved a cereal called Hidden Treasures!  It was sooooo good...and I loved these cookies called Magic Middles.

Everything I like, they quit making!!!!!

• Really? Am I the only one who misses JellO pudding pops?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageshabbypink:
    squeeze-it

I LOVED squeeze-its!  I didn't even know they were discontinued!  It doesn't seem like that long ago when I had one. 

Livian Elizabeth and Alayna Marjorie!  On their way to 3!
    Lilypie - (mtvk)
    Lilypie - (WdLV)
  • imageMolluskwrangler:
    Really? Am I the only one who misses JellO pudding pops?

That was the first thing I thought of.  Also, New York Seltzer.

• imageMolluskwrangler:

Those were so delicious! I haven't seen any in a LONG time.
  • imageMolluskwrangler:

My walmart had them when I was pregnant with Elyse.    And they were wonderful!

• imageBrittDay03:
    Dunkaroos!

Our BJ's has these!   I'll send ya some!!

• those like...triangular push up pops that were in the paper wrapping (no wood popsicle stick or anything). Came in cherry, grape, and orange. My elementary school sold them.
    image image image
  • imageTitts McGeee:

Who loved rice krispies treats cereal? I just saw it back on the shelf at the grocer store!

That got me thinking of all the "kid" foods we munched on that are no longer made. Anyone remember dunkaroos? Or those dinosaur graham crackers?  I could really go for some dino grahams.

What "retired" food did you enjoy? 

Those Dino Grahams were amazing. I can still remember the exact taste of them. Haven't had them in 20? Years. I have found a few things that taste similar but they just make me want the dino Grahams more! Did anyone ever have tropical rice krispies? They were regular rice krispies with small (like pencil eraser size) tropical fruit flavored marshmallows. My grandma had them for us a few times. My brother and I still talk about them. Mmmm!
  • I totally remember Crystal Pepsi. We had a vending machine at my jr. high that had Crystal Pepsi on it. I can still see it in my mind actually. Push-ups were really good along with otter pops. I totally remember the Orbitz now that it was mentioned. I also remember when purple horseshoes came out in lucky charms lol. I remember Trix as just yellow, orange, and red balls as well. Some of this is from the 80's tho as I am a child of the 80's and a teen of the 90's. Was anyone here old enough or daring enough to try Zima? I remember it but never had the chance to try it. My uncle didn't have it, so I didn't try it lol. 

Eta: I mentioned my uncle bc he let me have alcohol before 21. Nothing creepy just was allowed to have it at a young age. He made the best strawberry margaritas. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"