October 2011 Moms

Why does Target still suck?

So I have tried every day this week to set up an online registry so I can get the discount code...I have emailed their support daily as well. No response. I don't have a Target acct and every time I try to sign up it tells me there's an error and there's already an account with that email address, which is bull b/c a) I don't have an account with any of my email addresses and b) I even went to the trouble of creating a BRAND NEW email account and trying to sign up with that. I also tried using my work acct which I NEVER use for anything but work so I know that they are just having some internal error or something.

I'm just annoyed with the whole thing...anyone have any luck getting thru to people there? 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Why does Target still suck?

• I set up my registry with Target in the store about 3 months ago, and even then I had trouble dealing with my registry online. It was so frustrating! Hopefully you get through to someone soon!
  • maybe go set it up in the store instead?
  • Loading the player...
  • I set up my registry at the store and it was really frustrating.  i had the same problem- that i already had an account with Target- i ended up having to reset my password.  If you have an account, reset your password, sign in online and then access the create a registry while you are signed in online.  that is how i had to do it, except i did it at the store.  not much fun when you are standing, typing the same information over and over again, and the computer was super slow.

Good luck! 

• Target totally sucked with me too.. the week of my shower they decided to take the whole website down so no one could access it and thats where most of my items were located... as an apology they eventually sent me a 20% off coupon for the items that were left on the registry if I bought them, but then they charged me shipping which cancelled out the whole coupon .... So good luck... FYI Babies R Us even gave me trouble when I had to return a few items because I didn't get receipts.. I said it wasn't my fault that my family didn't attach them but they did return the items that were on my registry... so if u get anything off your registry like a bundle me that is the wrong color (happend to me).. just add it to your registry before you get there in the color you need to return and they will gladly give you store credit..haha
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Same! I think I lucked out and made my registry just before they changed the site over, so I didn't have trouble making it, but it's been a major PITA to access, update or purchase from it.  When I put things from my registry in my cart to buy, it suddenly asks me to log in again and then I'm back at the orginal page and my cart is empty.

I also had to call twice about my completion coupon that still hasn't arrived, even though I got an email 7 days ago saying it was on the way.  I'm definitely done with their online business!

• imagedoramar:

I set up my registry at the store and it was really frustrating.  i had the same problem- that i already had an account with Target- i ended up having to reset my password.  If you have an account, reset your password, sign in online and then access the create a registry while you are signed in online.  that is how i had to do it, except i did it at the store.  not much fun when you are standing, typing the same information over and over again, and the computer was super slow.

Good luck! 

I tried "resetting my password" but of course it didn't work b/c I don't have an acct in the first place! WTF, Target? I just want a coupon. hah.
  • I feel very lucky that I was able to set up my registry online.  The only problem I encountered was that somehow the pack n play didn't come off the registry, so I wound up with two.  After the shower, I was able to update and add the items I didn't get and we used the completion coupon last night. *knock wood*  I have no idea why I was able to keep up with my registry when so many are having so many problems.

I always go to "registries" then click "baby registry" to access it and other than sometimes having to enter my password again (and having to reset my password when they did the switchover), I haven't had problems.

I hope you all find a solution from Target soon.  I am sure it is very frustrating!  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Don't even bother with Target right now. Their customer service reps are still dealing with the fallout from the Missoni debacle (multiple server crashes, orders lost, etc). Their new website still isn't working 100%. If I were you, I would switch my registry to another store and/or Amazon.com. 
    April 2010 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Romantic Pic
  • It said that I put in the wrong password (even though I'm sure I didn't) so I tried getting it to email me my password...that was a week ago and still no email from target.
    Married 5/31/08 * TTC#1 9/09 - 2/11
    after anovulatory diagnosis and TTC for 1 1/2yrs with several medicated cycles and one chemical pregnancy, we have our first bundle of joy!
    IT'S A GIRL!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    #2 EDD 2/5/13 dx with anti-BIG E antibody, seeing a MFM
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    VOTE on my Name List
    I don't take one single minute for granted.
  • imageladybirda:
    Don't even bother with Target right now. Their customer service reps are still dealing with the fallout from the Missoni debacle (multiple server crashes, orders lost, etc). Their new website still isn't working 100%. If I were you, I would switch my registry to another store and/or Amazon.com. 

I TOTALLY agree with this.  I just read in the paper that Target isn't doing very well in their sales, and this Missoni debacle is just making it so much worse.  The article talked mainly about Missoni, but they didn't even touch on the whole registry issue.  There are thousands of people like us that are getting screwed.  Also, imagine the whole wedding registry side of things!  If I were you would just go elsewhere, like ladybirda says.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"