March 2012 Moms

ATTN: Plus size mommies

Re: ATTN: Plus size mommies

• Make sure you use the link to give them good feedback so they know it's something we are interested in!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • am sooo not on board with this. how is being chubs and a mom any different than being thin and a mom? If your weight is causing pregnancy complications then there is a high risk board. Seems like bases are covered. 

Although, I guess, in the end, it doesn't really affect me 'cause it's not like I'm paying for it! 

But yeah, I suspect the trolls will be quite brutal.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    I used to be "Chasingthedog" but it would never let me update my profile.
    The Sheepdog | My sorry looking chart
  • "how is being chubs and a mom any different than being thin and a mom?"

FIRST, the term is plus size, so lets start there.

Second, Just because you are a "plus size" mother does not mean that you are high risk! Therefore, it wouldn't make sense for US plus size mothers to go there. Sometimes being a thin pregnant woman and a plus size pregnant woman can have it's differences (not talking about pregnancy symptoms, obviously every woman is different and their pregnancy will be different). Also, if it doesn't affect you, then why even comment? As far as trolls with "quite brutal" comments, well sounds like there is already one in here.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yikes, that string has gone crazy cakes this morning.  March 2012 will always be my home board, bc these ladies are the best.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageshanad:
    Yikes, that string has gone crazy cakes this morning.  March 2012 will always be my home board, bc these ladies are the best.

Agreed! :)

• imagetwentyeightlegs:

am sooo not on board with this. how is being chubs and a mom any different than being thin and a mom? If your weight is causing pregnancy complications then there is a high risk board. Seems like bases are covered. 

Although, I guess, in the end, it doesn't really affect me 'cause it's not like I'm paying for it! 

Chubs?!?  Really?!?  I think its a great idea.  There are some things that plus size women go through during pregnancy that a "skinny" woman can't help with.  There are plenty of people that don't have a "weight" problem that have complications, fyi.

• imagetwentyeightlegs:

am sooo not on board with this. how is being chubs and a mom any different than being thin and a mom? If your weight is causing pregnancy complications then there is a high risk board. Seems like bases are covered. 

Okay I'm not even plus size but I can't let this one go.  Seriously!?  It's nice to be able to share with other women who are sharing some of the same feelings that are a little more specific to size, like maternity clothes in bigger sizes, and weight gain, and maybe not showing as soon as some of the women who were a size 4 to start with.  I'm only a size 10 and I even feel a little uncomfortable with some of the "oh my gosh I gained 2 lbs I'm so fat!" posts and the bump pix from these girls who are way smaller than me prepregnancy.  Plus if you don't like the board, then don't post on it.  Simple.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageshanad:
    Yikes, that string has gone crazy cakes this morning.  March 2012 will always be my home board, bc these ladies are the best.

Wow I just went over there to put in my 2 cents and your right, they did get crazy!  Too bad some people just have to make things difficult.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagetash_rn:

imageshanad:

Wow I just went over there to put in my 2 cents and your right, they did get crazy!  Too bad some people just have to make things difficult.

I don't, nor am I asking to be coddled by anyone. I was the fat girl in highschool. I only weight 135. I looked healthy and was a size 10. I was an athlete. I was picked on all my life. I'm now a 16/18 at 200+lbs. I went over there expecting support of such a board. I wasn't truly surprised at what I saw, though. Smaller girls who have been 0-8s all their lives don't know the first thing about what I've/we've been through as the "fat girl". I have different worries, and fears. And it makes me sick to see people as nasty to call plus-sized women "fatties" and "chubs". This community is made up of ignorant people who think they're always right, who think they know everything about everyone and everything. I appreciate some of the advice I've read, and I think it's great that people get excited for others when different milestones are reached. It's great when we share our sympathies for other people problems. So why can't smaller people, and larger people alike, understand that things are different. Not necessarily medically, but certainly mentally. It's sad to see people be attacked for their opinions and their beliefs. The "trolls" people speak of who don't think we should have our own board because of things mean people might say, are in some ways, trolls themselves. If you don't consider yourself plus-size (as in wearing plus-size clothing), then why would you care if this board is there or not. I don't look at boards that don't concern me, nor do I comment on posts that I don't agree with, just 2nd Tri, and March 2012. It appears that this will be something that will not be pushed forth if we're going off the feedback from the original post. It's discouraging that people won't try to understand, because they don't know what it's like. To all the plus-sized ladies on this board, and in support of a new board, I hope we can get one. I would never wish what I went through on my child, or anyone's child. Kids are mean, and some never grow out of that into adulthood.

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageshanad:

Well, it is posted on the 1st tri board, so I'm not really surprised.

BabyFetus Ticker

• imagelifeisgood27:

The "trolls" people speak of who don't think we should have our own board because of things mean people might say, are in some ways, trolls themselves.

I really don't get why people are so against it?  It's not like there aren't a million specialized boards, what's one more that there is actually a big (not pun intended) audience for?  Just because it doesn't interest every.single.person.  I am willing to bet that the ones who are posting against it so vehemently will be the trolls there if the board is created, they can't leave well enough alone.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I have to wonder if there was the same type of backlash when the 35+ board went up? Somehow I don't think so.
    BabyFetus Ticker

• imagedigwriter:
    I have to wonder if there was the same type of backlash when the 35+ board went up? Somehow I don't think so.

exactly this.  that place is CRAZY right now (plus size thread) and its all ridiculous!  Esp people talking about "where is the cut off?"  Well, first of all, guess what? Its the internet and people can post wherever they want.  If I'm actually 34 but concerned about my preg, I will post on the 35+ board and guess what?  No one will be the wiser!  Secondly, why not just use some common sense? If you feel like you're considered plus-size, then go ahead.  If you're a stick who has trouble gaining weight, then maybe its not for you.

Married: 10.28.2004 BFP 1: 2006, m/c 5 weeks BFP 2: 2008, m/c 10 weeks BFP 3: 2009, m/c 6 weeks BFP 4: July 15, 2011 Welcome Parker! Feb. 19, 2012 image
  • imageSaintDorothyMantooth:

imagedigwriter:
    I have to wonder if there was the same type of backlash when the 35+ board went up? Somehow I don't think so.

exactly this.  that place is CRAZY right now (plus size thread) and its all ridiculous!  Esp people talking about "where is the cut off?"  Well, first of all, guess what? Its the internet and people can post wherever they want.  If I'm actually 34 but concerned about my preg, I will post on the 35+ board and guess what?  No one will be the wiser!  Secondly, why not just use some common sense? If you feel like you're considered plus-size, then go ahead.  If you're a stick who has trouble gaining weight, then maybe its not for you.

Not sure about the 35+ but there was definitely the same crap with the new c/s board.  People kept saying well women should just go ask c/s questions to the women on the vbac board bc they already has c/s.  The "natural" birth supporters didn't think anyone should be able to choose or support c/s.  It's sad when every board becomes a controversy instead of additional support and reference.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't think any of the personal attacks helped the case, they probably won't have the Plus Size board now due to all the drama.  I didn't think there was anything controversial about heavier mommas discussing plus sized maternity clothes and that happy moment when the B shaped belly turns into a D, but apparently some people can turn anything into a fight.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"