2nd Trimester

Baby name--YOUR OPINIONS NEEDED!

I posted on the March board as well but wanted to get some more opinions...  we are deciding between two boy names:  Bennett Samuel and Hayden Samuel.  Which do you prefer?  (Samuel is DH's grandfather's name so that it is a definite for the middle)

For a girl, we are going with Madelyn (after my grandmother) and I wanted a 1 syllable middle name.  What do you think of Madelyn Quinn?  I know it's a little quirky/unique but I think its cute!  Let me know your opinions--and be honest, I can handle it! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Baby name--YOUR OPINIONS NEEDED!

• For the boy-definitely Bennett. Hayden is awful. 

For the girl-I think Madelyn is cute, but very trendy and popular.

• I like Bennett but Hayden is nice too. I'm not really a fan of gender neutral names though.  Quinn would be cute for the middle name!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Not a fan of Hayden, because it also doubles as a girl name.

I like Bennett alot, but I had a nasty gym teacher in grade school with that as a last name, so it's kind of ruined for me.

Madelyn I loooooove...I like other spellings of if it, but whatever, it's all basically the same right? Quinn is a strange middle name to me, I always think of Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman show.. lol.. the places my mind goes!

Me: 29  DH: 33
    Married April 1st 2017 <3
    DS #1: May 2009 
    DS #2: Jan 2012 

• If you name him Bennett, do you plan to call him Ben? If so, I like it. Otherwise, Hayden sounds ok.

I love the name Madelyn. It's beautiful. I always wanted to use that name for a baby girl, but my sister named her daughter Madison, so I'm out of luck! As for Quinn for her middle name, it reminds me of a boy's name. I definitely know there are girls with that name, but it just sounds like a boy's name to me. Good luck!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagemabenner1:

For the boy-definitely Bennett. Hayden is awful. 

This.  Dislike the spelling of Madelyn a LOT. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Just curious--how else would you spell Madelyn?  I guess it could be "Madilyn"  Madeline would be a different name altogether.  Like I said, we're naming her after my grandmother so that's how I chose the spelling! 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Love Bennett for a boy. Agree with some pps, don't like Hayden at all. Too popular in my book.

I really like Madelyn Quinn together

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagecitymama2012:

For a girl, we are going with Madelyn (after my grandmother)

Hayden Samuel

Oh and my name is Madalyn (as in my own, not my baby's ...) That's interesting to har it is popular now. I have not met another Madalyn before...

• imagecitymama2012:

Just curious--how else would you spell Madelyn?  I guess it could be "Madilyn"  Madeline would be a different name altogether.  Like I said, we're naming her after my grandmother so that's how I chose the spelling! 

I actually like the spelling with the Y. I hate Madeline....it reminds me of the little girl in those books with the yellow hat. 

I am partial to Hayden, because I love that name for either a boy or a girl....but the other sounds better with the middle name.

It's hard to suggest a middle name for Madelyn, not knowing you or your tastes....but Madelyn Marie would be cute too. 2 syllables...but still cute. :) Or, Madelyn Rae is kinda cute too.  

• imagemabenner1:

Agree with all this. Yes

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Bennett! Hayden, and all the other _ayden names get to me, but maybe its because I had a class that had Hayden, Jaiden, Kaden, Aiden, and Brayden all in it and I was constantly saying the wrong name. I like Quinn, especially with such a popular first name, and the Dr. Quinn associations are probably not going to be an issue in her generation. 
  • Love the name Hayden!!!!
  • I personally love Bennett and don't think you hear it often.  It flows well with Samuel.  I also love Madelyn Quinn! 
    BabyName Ticker BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • DS's name is Bennett and I love it so much that I can't come up with a girl name that's as perfect (for my stringent criteria) and that I like nearly as much. Such a terrible problem to have! :) 

I also like Madelyn Quinn.  

Son #1: 12.27.08 (6 years)
    Son #2: 02.06.12 (2.5 yrs)
    Baby #3 due: 02.10.15 (It's a girl!)
    GD with all three pregnancies

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Samuel Bennett lows better IMO

• I really like Bennett.  Madelyn Quinn is cute, I think quinn is becoming popular, at least among my friends.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagecitymama2012:

Just curious--how else would you spell Madelyn?  I guess it could be "Madilyn"  Madeline would be a different name altogether.  Like I said, we're naming her after my grandmother so that's how I chose the spelling! 

We're using the same name, except our little girl is Madelynne Elyse. 

BFP #1 - 01/10; Missed M/C @ 9 Weeks

BFP #2 - 08/10; Blighted Ovum @ 8 Weeks

BFP #3 - 06/11 - It's a GIRL! EDD March 8 Lilypie Maternity tickers

• The world has far too many boys/girls named Aden, Brayden, Cayden, Hayden and Jayden. Stick with Bennett.
    My little miracle baby! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • FWIW, Madelyn is my daughter's name, and she's the only one I personally know.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyName Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagemabenner1:

This

GreenHood Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagecitymama2012:

I chose to spell my daughter's name "Madelyn" because I'm a wierdo about pronounciation.  I know that some people spell it "Madaleine" and other similar variations, but when I read it, I can't help but see "Mad-uh-lane"  or "Mad-uh-line". 

I know it's my own wierd thing, but that's why I chose to spell it the way I did-- because when I read it, I see "Mad-eh-lyn", the way I prefer.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyName Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I'm really not a fan of the -ayden trend, so I'd vote for Bennet above Hayden any day of the week.

Wrt Madelyn, also not a fan of the added-Y spelling (Madeleine is the one I like best), and I don't think it goes well with Quinn -- they rhyme, and I really don't like rhyming names. That said, I love Quinn on its own! If DH didn't hate it, lol, I'd totally want to use it.

---
    ♥ Married since June 2009 ♥
    TW: Living children & Losses:
    Mom of sons "Alpha" (Feb 2012) & "Beta" (May 2016)
    Pregnant after 4 losses via IVF/FET with daughter "Gamma" (EDD Oct 2, 2019)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Bennett for a boy.

Madelyn but spell it normal for a girl-I hate how people are changing "i"'s to "y"' lately.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I like the girls name a lot.

My middle son is named Hayden and I would re-name him if I could. I just don't like it...Horrible to say- right? But whatever. He is my pride and joy and I feel like the name doesn't fit him. I get a lot of compliments on it though.

• Thanks for all the opinions!  Krista555--your daughter Madelyn is just adorable!  

I guess I didn't realize how annoyingly popular names ending with "ayden" are and I would hate for my son to share a name with half his class.  

We love Bennett and it's meaning--"Little blessed one"  So sweet! 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I prefer Hayden and I think Quinn is cute with Madeline
  • Boy - Love Bennett

Girl - Love Madelyn.  Quinn is nice for a middle name-not my favorite, but not bad at all.  I really like Madelyn Marie. 

• imageJacqui2005:

I like the girls name a lot.

My middle son is named Hayden and I would re-name him if I could. I just don't like it...Horrible to say- right? But whatever. He is my pride and joy and I feel like the name doesn't fit him. I get a lot of compliments on it though.

I was looking at your ticker.  My dad's name is Roman Joseph.  LOVE it!  You don't see Roman very often.  It's my son's middle name. 

OP-I LOVE Bennett.  If it fit with our naming criteria, it'd be on our list.  I have only ever met two, one man in his 70's, the other a teenager.  I love that it's not extremely popular, but a great name!  I like Hayden, but I like it better for a girl.

I like Madelyn.  The only Madelyn's I know either spell it this way or Madelynn. I don't like Quinn with it. 

• imagecitymama2012:

Thanks for all the opinions!  Krista555--your daughter Madelyn is just adorable!  

I guess I didn't realize how annoyingly popular names ending with "ayden" are and I would hate for my son to share a name with half his class.  

We love Bennett and it's meaning--"Little blessed one"  So sweet! 

Aw Thank you!!

• Hayden only doubles as a girls name because people keep naming their girls that! It is a boys name, it's the same with Peyton, Jordan, Taylor ect...If people would leave the boys names alone they wouldn't "double" as girls names. So I think you have a beautiful girls name and for the people who think Hayden is a girl name it's because people can't leave boy names to boys. Pretty soon you're going to start seeing Thomas, Jacob, Paul and John as girl names because people are idiots.
  • I am partial to Bennett, as it is my son's name :)

I like your girl name too, although Madelyn is fairly popular now, if that bothers you.  I have always liked the name Quinn.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"