Babies: 3 - 6 Months

How many ounces does your 5month old take?

I think mine is ready for 8... is he a pig or is that normal??

Re: How many ounces does your 5month old take?

• 6 every 3 hours during the day
    Kelly- Mom to Katelyn Rose and Ella Ann Formerly MichBride2004 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think that is fine!  My DD is almost 5 months and she takes 8 ounces every once in a while!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • 6 oz every 4 hours. Any more than that and she pukes. But she's never been a great eater. I would say 8 oz is fine.
  • 6 oz every 3 hrs totaling 42 oz/day (DD skips one at night) and one level 2 solid food (fruit or vegi).  I'm a BTDT mom and started solids earlier than most.  Beginning next week I will reduce her oz to 38.  This is b/c she is now finishing her solids during a feeding.  When she begins to sleep longer I will increase her night time bottle from 6 to 8 oz.   TMI?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think its fine if he is not puking it out. My 4.5mo eats anywhere from 5.5-7oz every 3 hrs during day ( STTN) no solids yet.
  • DD gets four 6 oz bottles a day, plus a 7 oz bottle right before bed.

ETA:  If you think he needs the 8 oz and is not spitting it out - I definitely think you should give it to him.

• My 4 mo old eats between 6-8 ounces on a regular basis every 3-4 hours. She hardly ever spits it out. I say go for it and watch to see how the baby reacts.

• Wow! Is this formula or BM?

DD will be 4 months tomorrow and only takes ~4 ounces 6-7x/day, but we EBF.

• imageJessJ222:

Wow! Is this formula or BM?

This exaclty!  DS will be 5 months next week and we do the same - 4 oz 6-7 times a day and we EBF as well.  I've been told that BF babies usually don't increase the amount of milk they take very much because the breast milk changes to meet their needs.  DS is in the 80 percentile for weight.

• She eats 5x a day. Her first bottle of the day is 8 oz. Her other four bottles are 6 oz each. Total is 32 oz for the day.
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Mine eats 6-8 oz at 6 AM, 10 AM, 2 PM, and 7 PM.  She has a little rice cereal with formula in it around 5:30 PM.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageJessJ222:

Wow! Is this formula or BM?

I formula feed my daughter who will be 5 months old in 5 days, and she also only takes a maximum of 4oz  but several times a day. We give her cereal at night, but she doesn't always want it and the max she ate was 1 tbs mixed with 2 tbs of formula.  We've also tried her with some veggies but she doesn't like anything yet.  Her last check up was last week and she weighs 15.8 lbs and measures 25 and a half inches...she's in the 75 percentile and her doc said she's doing great...so I guess I have nothing to worry about....I hope!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • She's now on a 4 hour routine, and eats 4x a day. Usually 7-8 oz each. She STTN 7:30-6

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"