February 2012 Moms

Need some name help (clicky poll!)

Hey all!  We have our A/S on Tuesday and will get confirmation on the sex (tech guessed boy at an early ultrasound at 14 weeks).  We have a girl name picked but are really struggling with a boys name.  We have 4 on the list right now and I'd love to hear some opinions.  I want to have it narrowed down so after the ultrasound we can stop calling it "baby"  James and Julian are family names so one of them will be the middle name.  Also our last name starts with M and ends with -ski  So, what to do you think?
[Poll]

Re: Need some name help (clicky poll!)

• When I read the names at first I thought the first name was Lucas which I love... NMS for all of them- but Dominic I think is the best listed.

BabyName Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I really love Dominic!  My H thinks it's too "ethnic" sounding for a blonde-haired. blue-eyed Scandinavian family...ha.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't like Lucan. Dominic was my vote, but really, I think you should consider James or Julian. Those are both GREAT first names!!!!
  • If Lucan was Lucas (or even Luca) that would get my vote.  However, they are all NMS (except James) so I didn't vote.
    * DS1...allergic to dairy, peanuts, eggs and turkey *
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

love is for every her, love is for every him, love is for everyone
  • imagekms34:
    If Lucan was Lucas (or even Luca) that would get my vote.  However, they are all NMS (except James) so I didn't vote.

Now that I think about it, I actually really like the sound of Julian Lucas 

• Thanks for all the comments so far!  A little more background...Lucan is the name of a knight and also a Roman poet.  This is DH favorite.

We orginally wanted to stay out of the top 100 names (Dominic is one exception-and it is just inside the top 100) which is why James is out as a first name.  We feel Julian is too feminine for a first name but love it as a middle name.

• I love Pierce..

It's unique! I'd use it but I think it's already being used by one of my husbands cousin

plus we're having a girl hehe

• imagechristinak22:
    I really love Dominic!  My H thinks it's too "ethnic" sounding for a blonde-haired. blue-eyed Scandinavian family...ha.

My friend was in the same boat, she wanted Malek or Dominic but her husband didn't like them. Well her pale redheaded son is a very adorable Dominic! 

• I didn't vote because none of these were my style.  I liked the first one, until I saw it was Lucan, so if you change it to Lucas then I would vote for that.
  • I voted for Dominic James as it has the nicest sound. I like the name Troy, but it does not work with either middle name. Pierce is also a great name, but doesn't sound quite right with Julian. Agree with PPs that Lucan is NMS.

I don't think Julian sounds too feminine as a first name, though.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"