2nd Trimester

Wahh I want some cider!

One thing that sucks about being pregnant this time of year is I can't have fresh apple cider.  My boss brought in a whole big jug this morning and I just want to pour myself a nice cold glass but can't! :(  I think I'll buy some next weekend when we go apple picking and put it in the freezer so I can have a big glass when I get home from the hospital in January!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Wahh I want some cider!

• I've been drinking apple cider almost every night! I just make sure it's pasteurized. There's a local orchard here that makes amazing (pasteurized) cider.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I agree...just buy some pasteurized cider and boil it with some mulling spices.  I've seen both together on a stand in Whole Foods lately.

I've used this brand before and it tasted great with some cider.  They come in tea bag form so you treat your juice like a hot cup of tea.

https://www.rwknudsenfamily.com/products/specialty-items/organic-mulling-spices/

• Loading the player...
  • I just bought and drank some last night.  The stuff from the grocery store is pasteurized.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I know what you mean....I love fresh unpasteurized cider from a local orchard.  I am missing it this fall as well. 
    image ~1500mg Metformin~M/C: 7 weeks~9/3/2008~D&C 9/16/2008
    Beta #1: 268 (16dpo) ~ Progesterone 54 ~ Beta #2: 541 (18dpo) Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagejenick:
    I know what you mean....I love fresh unpasteurized cider from a local orchard.  I am missing it this fall as well. 

The stuff from the store, at least the kind I can find, just doesn't taste the same!

• Dude, NOTHING is stopping me from getting fresh cider, I'll just make sure it's pasteurized. It is not fall unless there is cider :)
  • I heat mine anyway on the stove, but I usually buy from the store. Had some last night, but I can only have small amounts because of the sugar.
  • imageJKB1986:

imagejenick:
    I know what you mean....I love fresh unpasteurized cider from a local orchard.  I am missing it this fall as well. 

The stuff from the store, at least the kind I can find, just doesn't taste the same!

Beta #1: 268 (16dpo) ~ Progesterone 54 ~ Beta #2: 541 (18dpo) Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageJKB1986:

imagejenick:

I have two different kids waiting at home for me to try, but I know they won't be good as I want them to be.  Maybe adding some mulling spices will help????  I guess it's worth a try.  I haven't had fresh cider in over two years because two fall's ago I was pregnant and last fall I was nursing.  Ahhh!  I just realized that next fall I will probably be nursing again!  Bummer.......

• I love cider with Chai.  Soooooo good!  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"