March 2012 Moms

@;~Plus sized mommies weekly check-in~;@

In last week's post there was an overwhelming vote for a once a week PSM(Plus sized mommies - I'll probably just use PSM in the titles now) check-in. I've generally put them up on Thursdays, so I figured that Thursday was probably a good day for a weekly post. So welcome to the first weekly check-in post!

I'll post a few questions as always, but totally feel free to chat about anything you'd like in here. Think of the PSM post as your own PSM board, so chat away.

~*~

Any new symptoms, or have some old symptoms gone away?

Are you enjoying the fall weather (if you experience significant seasonal changes where you live)?

Any signs of "pregnancy brain" yet? (You'll see in my response why I've asked)

Has being pregnant had an impact on how you feel about your body?

BabyFetus Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: @;~Plus sized mommies weekly check-in~;@

• Yay!

No new symptoms for me.  Morning sickness has taken a leave of absence and I'm happy about that! 

Fall weather is great!  I love the fall and pumpkin spice lattes and sweaters and football!  Can't wait for it to really settle in.  We are back in the 80s here.

No pregnancy brain yet. 

I've always had a positive body image, so I feel great.  I know that I'm not "showing" to other people, but I know my regular pants don't button anymore so I've moved on to maternity pants which are a slice of heaven!

Hope everyone is doing well!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hey ladies!!

Hope everyone is doing good!  I am having a good week so far. I got my 24 urine results back normal , blood -normal  :)  I am having some emotional body issues , with myself. I think someone wrote it in last weeks post the best, " its hard to show something that you try to hide for so long"  I feel like Im in limbo between someone saying " oh she looks like she put on more weight"  AND "Oh shes got a baby bump!"   Its a little frustrating but I know in a few more weeks things will hopefully start happening.    I feel like I have preg. brain but honestly its just me ... I forget stuff constantly ...lol   I live in FLorida so its the same everyday.... lol no fall changes until like Dec / Jan and it starts to get a little cooler. ....

Have a great weekend ladies!

I have a 6 year old daughter named Angelina and she will soon be the big sister to BABY #2 :)BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Has being pregnant had an impact on how you feel about your body?

Being pregnant makes me feel so much more confident about my body, the only time I can feel proud of having a swollen stomach!  It's great not looking for clothes to disguise my tummy but instead to highlight it.  It was very freeing going to the beach at 19 weeks pregnant last time.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Aww, seeing that "ya" actually made me tear up! Silly pregnancy hormones. I am glad however that you all enjoy these posts. So on to my answers:

Any new symptoms, or have some old symptoms gone away?

I've been experiencing some mild headaches. I"m not yet sure if it a symptom of the pregnancy or the season.

Are you enjoying the fall weather (if you experience significant seasonal changes where you live)?

Love the fall weather! This weekend is my Fall Day. I'd mentioned it in another post, but essentially, when my niece and nephew were little I instituted Fall Day to celebrate the changing season. We change the house decor over to more autumnal themes and then have a simple family dinner based on a particular fall food. This year we're doing apples, so I'm hoping to go apple picking this Saturday to kick things off.

Any signs of "pregnancy brain" yet?

Unfortunately yes. Yesterday I decided to take a different route home, with the goal of stopping by one particular grocery store. I'd been having a craving for Jamaican stew chicken and that store stocks the ingredients that I needed. So I got off at the right off ramp, stopped for gas and then ...drove right past the store! It was something like three blocks away when I realized it.

It's starting to take its toll. I've always been an hourglass girl -big on top, small in the middle, big on the bottom. So the filling in is giving me an entirely different shape that I'm now sure I'm enjoying. Also, there's a woman here who is due in January and she's as tiny as can be, meanwhile, I'm only a day away from 14 weeks (yaaa!) and look like I'm the one due in January. :(

BabyFetus Ticker

• Oooh, I love this Smile 

Any new symptoms, or have some old symptoms gone away? No real changes that I can think of. Constipation is still hanging around. RLP is just as bad as it has been. Although, I have noticed a substantial increase in energy and ambition so that's nice.

Are you enjoying the fall weather (if you experience significant seasonal changes where you live)? I LOVE the fall. I'm not a hot weather person. Although any slight change in the weather exacerbates my allergies so that isn't fun. But I like in the northeast so it's beautiful here in the fall.

Any signs of "pregnancy brain" yet? (You'll see in my response why I've asked) I've had this for a looooong time lol. I was actually just reading in WTEWYE that researchers have found that you actually do lose some brain cells when you're pregnant, but they do come back after you deliver. Also, it said that on average, women with more confusion usually have girls... so we'll see :)

Has being pregnant had an impact on how you feel about your body? I'm SO much more confident. I had a belly to begin with, but now it's turning into baby and actually makes me look slimmer lol. Plus, I've lost 12 lbs (my OB anticipates me losing 20 by the end of the pregnancy) so I know that that's all my weight I'm losing because the baby is growing wonderfully.

Me (33). DH (37). DD (2.2012). MCs x4. After 4 years & 7 months, due 4.2018!

• Any new symptoms, or have some old symptoms gone away?

No new symptoms and I'm still super nauseous. For some reason I expected that the day I started, all of my nausea would go away. :-( 

Fall is my absolute favourite time of year. My husband and I went to a corn maze last weekend and had such a good time. Weather was perfect. This weekend is the fall festival where we get to go on a hay ride. Love the fall.

No pregnancy brain yet that i can see but I've always been a little scatter brained

I don't think so. Although I am more aware of my body and the tiniest little change.

BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker                                    Anniversary
  • Hi all!

Any new symptoms, or have some old symptoms gone away? M/S is so much better. That makes me happy!

Are you enjoying the fall weather (if you experience significant seasonal changes where you live)? It's actually gotten more summer-like here (Northern CA) in the last week. Looking forward to it cooling down a bit even though we don't have major seasons like most people.

Any signs of "pregnancy brain" yet? (You'll see in my response why I've asked) Nope

Has being pregnant had an impact on how you feel about your body? Yes, in a good way! I was always worried that my weight would severely impact me getting pregnant. It didn't happen instantly but it did happen, and this whole journey has made me love and trust my body so much more.

Little Squish #1, 3.25.12

Little Squish #2 Due 10.9.15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageMattel:

Oooh, I love this Smile 

Any new symptoms, or have some old symptoms gone away? No real changes that I can think of. Constipation is still hanging around. RLP is just as bad as it has been. Although, I have noticed a substantial increase in energy and ambition so that's nice.

Are you enjoying the fall weather (if you experience significant seasonal changes where you live)? I LOVE the fall. I'm not a hot weather person. Although any slight change in the weather exacerbates my allergies so that isn't fun. But I like in the northeast so it's beautiful here in the fall.

Any signs of "pregnancy brain" yet? (You'll see in my response why I've asked) I've had this for a looooong time lol. I was actually just reading in WTEWYE that researchers have found that you actually do lose some brain cells when you're pregnant, but they do come back after you deliver. Also, it said that on average, women with more confusion usually have girls... so we'll see :)

Has being pregnant had an impact on how you feel about your body? I'm SO much more confident. I had a belly to begin with, but now it's turning into baby and actually makes me look slimmer lol. Plus, I've lost 12 lbs (my OB anticipates me losing 20 by the end of the pregnancy) so I know that that's all my weight I'm losing because the baby is growing wonderfully.

Hey Mattel! Do you mind if I ask you to explain why your OB anticipates you losing more weight and that means baby is growing? I'm sort of puzzled and surprised by my own weight loss situation and curious if maybe your explanation might apply to me too. Glad to hear you're doing well!!

Little Squish #1, 3.25.12

Little Squish #2 Due 10.9.15
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Hi all!

Any new symptoms, or have some old symptoms gone away? Morning sickness is gone. Having some insomnia which sucks donkey balls. 

Are you enjoying the fall weather (if you experience significant seasonal changes where you live)? I live in So Cal so... not much in the way of traditional fall, but the nights and mornings are cool again, which I love. And it makes the malamute happy. He is wanting to spend more time outside again. 

Any signs of "pregnancy brain" yet? (You'll see in my response why I've asked) Yes. I am scatter-brained to begin, but I'm just mess now. 

Has being pregnant had an impact on how you feel about your body? No. I lost 50# right before getting pregnant (to get pregnant). I'm still pretty chubs though, but I look better than I did and I'm healthier than I was so, it's all good. The only bummer is you still can't tell I'm k/u but that will come. I do need to buy maternity pants today. Yay! I'm excited about that. Mine are super uncomfortable to zip up and button and the rubber band trick means they are 80% unzipped now and I'm afraid if I lift my arms or something someone will see my undies! 

I used to be "Chasingthedog" but it would never let me update my profile.
    The Sheepdog | My sorry looking chart
  • imagetwentyeightlegs:
    . Mine are super uncomfortable to zip up and button and the rubber band trick means they are 80% unzipped now and I'm afraid if I lift my arms or something someone will see my undies! 

This is me today! I'm wearing my belly band thing with my jeans pretty much all the way unzipped. I start out with them zipped, but without the button done the zipper eventually slides all the way down. :( Good thing I went for the plus size band, since it has more coverage.

BabyFetus Ticker

• imagedigwriter:

imagetwentyeightlegs:
    . Mine are super uncomfortable to zip up and button and the rubber band trick means they are 80% unzipped now and I'm afraid if I lift my arms or something someone will see my undies! 

This is me today! I'm wearing my belly band thing with my jeans pretty much all the way unzipped. I start out with them zipped, but without the button done the zipper eventually slides all the way down. :( Good thing I went for the plus size band, since it has more coverage.

I did this for a while, then I just said forget it.  I'm wearing maternity pants!

• imagevcukoko82:
    imagedigwriter:

imagetwentyeightlegs:

I did this for a while, then I just said forget it.  I'm wearing maternity pants!

Ya, I should probably just give in and buy some.

BabyFetus Ticker

• Any new symptoms, or have some old symptoms gone away? I've started getting headaches! I'm not sure if it's due to pregnancy, stress at work, or a combination of the two, but they SUCK!

Are you enjoying the fall weather (if you experience significant seasonal changes where you live)? It's starting to cool down and it's NICE! I love the fall and have already started to enjoy pumkin spice latte's (decaf please!). I live in Utah, and we get the joy of all 4 seasons here (not looking forward to winter though)

Any signs of "pregnancy brain" yet? My husband will tell me something and I swear I don't remember anything of what he said 5 minutes later... He will swear up and down that he told me, but I won't remember it at all!

Has being pregnant had an impact on how you feel about your body? I've always have a love/hate relationship with my body. I keep getting down on myself and HATE the weighing part of my appointments. I have to keep reminding myself that I look chubbier for a reason and that I have to continue to eat and can't "diet". It's a hard mentality to get out of after many years...

• imageSquishy622:
    imageMattel:

Oooh, I love this Smile 

Hey Mattel! Do you mind if I ask you to explain why your OB anticipates you losing more weight and that means baby is growing? I'm sort of puzzled and surprised by my own weight loss situation and curious if maybe your explanation might apply to me too. Glad to hear you're doing well!!

Sure. I guess I should first clarify... I know baby is growing because of my frequent ultrasounds, so I know the weight I'm losing is my fat - that's what I meant about the baby growing part, but I didn't state it very clearly. I see a high risk OB biweekly because I'm diabetic. She hasn't really explained too much as to why I'm losing weight, but mentioned something about me being more careful about my diet. Although, with the amount of fast food I was craving in 1st tri, it's amazing I'm losing weight lol. Also, I guess because I'm starting off at a weight that means I really don't need to gain any weight during this pregnancy, I really haven't changed the amount I'm eating, but the baby uses some of those calories too so maybe that contributes to the weight loss. I haven't gotten a really straight answer from her, but she was totally expecting me to lose weight and told me she anticipates I'll lose at least 20 lbs by the time the baby is born... and I'm ok with that Smile

Me (33). DH (37). DD (2.2012). MCs x4. After 4 years & 7 months, due 4.2018!

-Everything is pretty much the same, lol, no big changes in any of my symptoms yet!

-I LOVE fall.  I love the temperature, I love the leaves when they start changing colors, fall & spring are definitely my seasons!

-I think I've had "pregnancy brain" for a while LOL

Right now I'm kind of in the middle of getting a bump/just looking like I've put on a few pounds when I'm bloated but other than that I look the same, and I actually think I feel a little more confident! Weird!

Same symptoms...but a little more sleepy now, in addition to the headaches and dizziness.

Are you enjoying the fall weather (if you experience significant seasonal changes where you live)? I live in PA and its absolutly beautiful in the fall. I Love love love the fall so Im super happy.

Yes!

I havent gained any weight yet, but Im in maternity jeans and some shirts. My work pants are still working though...not for long.

I love these posts

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Still nauseous as ever (probably mores, since OB is trying to wean me off the nausea meds...I'm taking them night and day!)  Also, I've gotten dizzy lately, which really freaked me out at first, but I drink more and it usually goes away... 

Like PP, I'm in Southern California, so no real "fall" weather yet here, but loving the cool mornings and evenings (even if I don't leave the house :) ).  Although we don't have a lot of "fall" weather down here, I do love the fog in the mornings in October/Sept.  It's really beautiful and makes for good pictures (although i have yet to have my camera with me to get one yet!) 

I was going to type "none, really" but as I have been typing responses, I'm noticing that I have to look at the keyboard -- my fingers don't automatically go to the right keys anymore...weird... 

Some days I love it because the clothes that I thought always made me "look pregnant" are a joy to wear now :)  Other days I have a really hard time because I feel like my size keeps me from enjoying some pregnancy milestones.  I feel like its harder for my doc to find the baby and the heartbeat with my "tum" and its harder for me to feel movements, and it will be hard for DH to feel them for a while. I can't do those cute "bump" pics, etc... Not to mention the fear of gaining too much weight -- I lost weight just to get pregnant and now I feel like its going backwards! 

Married: 10.28.2004 BFP 1: 2006, m/c 5 weeks BFP 2: 2008, m/c 10 weeks BFP 3: 2009, m/c 6 weeks BFP 4: July 15, 2011 Welcome Parker! Feb. 19, 2012 image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"