Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Does your baby sleep with a night light?

Wondering how many of you ladies have a night light on during your baby's night time sleep.  

Does your baby sleep better with or without one?

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Does your baby sleep with a night light?

• DD sleeps better with one. We have been slowly dimming the room every so often so that eventually she will be able to sleep in the dark. I share a room with her and right now I don't mind the light because I have to get up at least twice a night to take care of her. But I am hoping she can sleep in the dark when she starts STTN,
  • We don't have a nightlight on, but our soundmachine has a pretty bright light on it.  Sometimes I think LO sleeps better with it on, and sometimes I cover it if I think he's having trouble falling asleep.
    CafeMom Tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I think DD likes it, because if she is awake she can see I am right there. She sleeps in a co-sleeper beside my bed. And it helps me when I get up at night so I'm not falling over things especially if I happen to be carrying her.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I don't think LO cares since his burned out and we didn't get a new for a week and he didn't seem phased.  The nightlight is for me anyways so that I don't have to turn on his light in the middle of the night when I feed and change him.
    TTC since 8/2004
    Me - DX Hashimoto's Disease, Hypothyroid, Rheumatoid Arthritis
    DH - DX Azoospermia - Sertoli Cell Syndrome
    DS-IUI #1-4 BFN IVF #1 - BFP! It's a boy!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have one but it is for me to be able to check on her without having to turn my light on. I have left it off some nights, but I haven't noticed a difference in her sleep patterns in having it on vs off.
  • We use one. It's  more because she sleeps in the bassinet right next to me and I like to be able to see her. DS uses one because we just always have. I don't think he cares either way, though.
  • I used one until ~6 wks when I put LO down and forgot to turn it on.  He slept 8 hrs that night and since then, I haven't used one.  Unfortunately, he didn't continue the streak of sleeping that long but I'm still hopeful.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We use one but it's really for me to be able to check on him in the bassinet and feed him.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMustanGTbaby13:
    I have one but it is for me to be able to check on her without having to turn my light on. I have left it off some nights, but I haven't noticed a difference in her sleep patterns in having it on vs off.

This. :) 

• We have hin in the playpen in our room for now, and we turn our closet light on and leave the door open a crack. It's not really for the baby's sake, it's more so we can actually see what we're doing when we get up with him.
  • We have one attached to the pack and play in our room. It has a timer on it so it turns itself off. I turn it on when I lay her down at the beginning of the night because she fusses less if it's not completely dark. But, after it goes out I don't turn it on again during the night even when she wakes up, unless I need it to see her face or something. She doesn't seem to mind the complete darkness throughout the night, just when she's first put down.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • On our first night home we d?dn?t have a night light and she cried every time we turned the light off so we left it on that night and got a night light, she?s slept fine since. She?s been in her own room the whole time in her crib
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"