Secondary IF

Common to find bad RE reviews?

So hard to pick a doctor.  I had decided based on the post below to maybe try a skilled OB - I found a great one, lots of current research, highly esteemed clinic - only to find out that she refers all her IF patients out to an RE.  So I started looking at REs again - every one of the 10 in my area, covered by my insurance, has bad reviews.  2 out of 4 stars, etc.  Is this common for REs, because they are dealing with a bunch of crazy-hormone-driven women like myself?  Because of built-in difficulties in the type of practice?  Or should I take stock in the reviews?  I understand people being upset about spending tens of thousands only to have no baby to show for it, but how much does that have to do with the case and not the doctor?  So hard to pick... any thgouhts /wisdom welcome...

P.S. Though they have the same negative reviews, the OB I liked did recommend an IVF clinic - would you start there based on the rec?

Doriimage
"Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."

Miracle DD born 12.2005
TTC #2 since Dec 2008 w/ PCOS
***P/SAIF Always Welcome***

Keep it Natural, Baby!

Re: Common to find bad RE reviews?

• I would start with the place your ob recommended.  I've read lots of good and bad reviews on the doctors we are seeing, so I know what you mean about having a hard time picking!

*My Loves, My Life, My Littles*

02/18/11, 05/24/12 and 12/03/13

• In general, people with a negative experience will post complaints, but people with positive reviews don't.  I'm sure that every RE has at least 1 patient who was dissatisfied, but probably dozens of patients who were very satisfied ... so don't let ratings rattle you.  Go to the RE that your OB suggested, and then go with your gut from there.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageChicNotGeek:
    In general, people with a negative experience will post complaints, but people with positive reviews don't.  I'm sure that every RE has at least 1 patient who was dissatisfied, but probably dozens of patients who were very satisfied ... so don't let ratings rattle you.  Go to the RE that your OB suggested, and then go with your gut from there.

I agree with this.  I also suggest asking your local board.  My RE is not the greatest to be honest.  He has weird mannerisms and is very direct, almost brutally so.  But you know what?  He got me pregnant with LO #1 and I hope he can help me with #2.  And ultimately that's all I care about.  You spend far more time with the nurses and techs anyway in any given cycle and as long as you can interact with them well, and understand their limitations, i.e., they are not doctors, they are not "running" your cycle, the RE is even if you never see him/her, and they can't really give you the answers then I think you'll be fine.  GL!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I loathed my old nurse but love my RE. 

OTOH, I have a friend who has had a bad experience with another RE in the practice--my friend has weight-related PCOS, and the woman was incredibly nasty to her about her weight.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    TTC since 6/02 (age 22) K/U instantly despite no AF for 5 months--preemie baby boy 1/03
    M/C 11/04 - M/C 05 - M/C 06 - BFP 2/08--fullterm baby girl 10/08 - M/C 4/11 - went to RE at age 31
    DX: crappy quality & infrequent ovulation, mild MFI
    Stimmed cycle #1 C/P 7/11 - Stimmed cycle #2 C/P 8/11 - Stimmed cycle #4 C/P 10/11
    On Stimmed Cycle #5
    Always thought I'd be a "mom of many"--now just hoping to be a "mom of one or two more!"
  • I agree with the PP, I got my Drs. name from a friend who had a friend going through it.  I also agree that many RE's have bad reviews.  I think this is such an emotional process and when it is not successful, we blame them. I hope you are able to find someone great for you.  BIG ((HUGS))
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers DoriBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"