November 2011 Moms
Options

Suggestions for exercise?

I am getting to the point that it is painful and very uncomfortable to walk.  I have been trying to walk on the treadmill at least 4x's a week.  Any other suggestions of exercises I can do?  Also, I know swimming is great, but I do not have access to a pool, so that is not possible.  
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Suggestions for exercise?

• Options

You might try the elliptical or stationary bike if walking is getting too difficult. 

Also, have you tried prenatal yoga? Shiva Rhea has a dvd that is really corny (ie, the women are in full-length bodysuits), but it has great modifications for stretching/poses in the 3rd trimester when movement gets difficult.  You can make it gentle or more difficult as you please.

Toddler Turtle - November 2011
    Baby Turtle - November 2014

• Options
    Ditto to above.  The elliptical is good, but sometimes it hurts my lower back, but definitly better than walking!  Also, the stationary bike (not the rucumbant, I thought that would be better because of the back support, but my legs kept hitting my belly while peddling)  I hope you can find something good to do!
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageturtlewifey:

You might try the elliptical or stationary bike if walking is getting to difficult. 

Also, have you tried prenatal yoga? Shiva Rhea has a dvd that is really corny (ie, the women are in full-length bodysuits), but it has great modifications for stretchings/poses in the 3rd trimester when movement gets difficult.  You can make it gentle or more difficult as you please.

This, for sure. Even the 3rd tri "easy" work out still gives you a good stretch and work out in general and you can always try the 2nd or 1st tri mods if you feel up to it.

• Options
    If you have a few weights around, even just doing some curls and leg lifts from your chair is better than nothing =) You can also try using a chair for support and doing some (gentle!) squats.
    Raising a threenager since 11/11
    Baby boy #2 due 5/6/15
  • Options
    imageturtlewifey:

You might try the elliptical or stationary bike if walking is getting to difficult. 

Also, have you tried prenatal yoga? Shiva Rhea has a dvd that is really corny (ie, the women are in full-length bodysuits), but it has great modifications for stretchings/poses in the 3rd trimester when movement gets difficult.  You can make it gentle or more difficult as you please.

I have the above DVD and while it is corny and I hate the music, its a good workout (I don't do most of the 3rd tri modifications but I have good flexibility).

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Like PP's said, try prenatal yoga or prenatal pilates, a stationary bike or an elliptical. 

I take a spin class once or twice a week because you're sitting and standing throughout the class and really working any kinks out of your legs (I get bad hip cramps and it really helps that).  I also like that my instructor did spinning while she was PG with twins so she's been very helpful and encouraging.  I just go at my own pace - keeping up when I can or going slower when I need to. 

Daisypath baby
  • Options
    I haven't been able to walk on the treadmill for about a month.  My balance is just too iffy.  I have found, however, that I'm still good walking outside.  I have been doing a slow little mile around the neighborhood in the morning and again in the evening.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have been loving my pre natal yoga classes . I  take a class a week and then dvds at home . Being as sore I am , I can't imagine not doing it.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers BFP ! March 2011 TTC since Jan 2010 Blood work CD 3 -normal Diagnosed with slight case of PCOS Nov 2010 S/A - High count , low morph and mobility Use acupuncture/herbs to regulate cycles
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"