Trying to Get Pregnant

GTKY

Since there are lots of new faces, let's do another GTKY.

1. What was your favorite book as a child?

2. Where did you meet your SO?

3. Do you have any pets?

4. What is one goal you would like to meet in the next year (other than having a baby)?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: GTKY

• imageKLN1179:

1. What was your favorite book as a child?  I loved Where the Sidewalk Ends by Shel Silverstein

2. Where did you meet your SO?  We met on eHarmony.com

3. Do you have any pets?  Dh has a cat that lives here too.  I personally hate it.  I tolerate him though.

4. What is one goal you would like to meet in the next year (other than having a baby)? I would like to lose 40 lbs, but I would gladly give this goal up for a baby!  :)

• 1. What was your favorite book as a child? I loved Berenstain Bear books.

2. Where did you meet your SO? Through a mutual friend.

3. Do you have any pets? We have a 2 year old rottweiler. He's our baby! :)

4. What is one goal you would like to meet in the next year (other than having a baby)? I will finish my doctorate in March.

• Loading the player...
  • 1. What was your favorite book as a child? Polar Bear, Polar Bear

2. Where did you meet your SO? Kentucky Derby party

3. Do you have any pets? 2 dogs - Nugget and Snickers.  Snickers birthday is today Party!!!

4. What is one goal you would like to meet in the next year (other than having a baby)? Find a job I love.

MFI, Lap on 7/21/11 - Stage III/IV Endo and Polyps removed by D&C
    IVF #1 with ICSI - ER 1/20 (16R, 12M, 10F), ET 1/23 (1-10 cell and 1-8cell transferred), BFP on 1/31 Beta #1 on 2/3 = 68, Beta #2 on 2/6 = 261 EDD 10/12/12  
    Baby girl born 9/22/12

FET #1 - 9/16/13 - BFN

IVF #2 - ER 11/11/13 (24R, 18M, 16F), ET 11/16 (2 Grade A blasts)
    BFP on 11/23 Beta #1 = 76 EDD 8/2/14

• 1. What was your favorite book as a child? Toss up between The Girl Who Ran Way and Ferdinand 

2. Where did you meet your SO? Myspace; very embarrassing, I know 

3. Do you have any pets? One cat

4. What is one goal you would like to meet in the next year (other than having a baby)?  Does saving money for said baby count? lol Other than ANYthing baby-related, I will be very stoked to finish a major project at work that I have been working on for almost 4 years. Getting close. 

• 1. What was your favorite book as a child? I liked all the Goosebump books. That's all I can remember reading!

2. Where did you meet your SO? Match.com

3. Do you have any pets? 1 unbelievably bratty chihuahua mix that we got from the pound, Oliver.

4. What is one goal you would like to meet in the next year (other than having a baby)? Have our 1 credit card and both cars paid off!
  • 1. What was your favorite book as a child? Put me in the Zoo (by Dr Seuss)

2. Where did you meet your SO? Through a mutual friend. He used to be roommates with my friend I worked with.

3. Do you have any pets? Yes, Gilbert. He is a Lhasa Apso

4. What is one goal you would like to meet in the next year (other than having a baby)? Moving positions within my company and get a raise.

DS - Born 6/17/12 

DS#2 - Due 2/11/15

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• 1. What was your favorite book as a child? I don't remember the name but it was about a teddy bear that was missing his button in a mall, and it was so sweet!

2. Where did you meet your SO? The beach!

3. Do you have any pets? A cat named Lola and a rabbit named Chewbacca! :D

4. What is one goal you would like to meet in the next year (other than having a baby)? Going away with DH since it has been too long!!
  • imageKLN1179:

1. What was your favorite book as a child?  Ramona the Pest

2. Where did you meet your SO?  Match.com

3. Do you have any pets?  No..DS has asthma/allergies

4. What is one goal you would like to meet in the next year (other than having a baby)?  Pay off our car

• imageKLN1179:

1. What was your favorite book as a child? Good Night Moon

2. Where did you meet your SO? I kind of met DH through an ex hehe

3. Do you have any pets? 2 dogs - Cooper (10yr old scruffy mutt) & Stewie (2yr old brussels griffon/mini schnauzer mix) and 1 cat - TikTik (7yr black&whiter)

4. What is one goal you would like to meet in the next year (other than having a baby)? Being more "ladylike"

• 1. What was your favorite book as a child? A book of scary stories and Where the Sidewalk Ends

2. Where did you meet your SO? on Match.com

3. Do you have any pets?A cat

4. What is one goal you would like to meet in the next year (other than having a baby)? Getting into clinicals

Born 27wks 3 day 2 lbs 10 oz 15 inches image My BFP chart BabyName Ticker
  • imageKLN1179:
    imageKLN1179:

1. What was your favorite book as a child?  I loved Where the Sidewalk Ends by Shel Silverstein

2. Where did you meet your SO?  We met on eHarmony.com

3. Do you have any pets?  Dh has a cat that lives here too.  I personally hate it.  I tolerate him though.

4. What is one goal you would like to meet in the next year (other than having a baby)? I would like to lose 40 lbs, but I would gladly give this goal up for a baby!  :)

Losing weight is a good one for me too!

• 1. What was your favorite book as a child? Charlotte's Web

2. Where did you meet your SO? We went to high school together but we didn't talk to each other until we met in college

3. Do you have any pets? 4 dogs

4. What is one goal you would like to meet in the next year (other than having a baby)?  Get a better job that pays more $

• imageashcurious:

1. What was your favorite book as a child? Put me in the Zoo (by Dr Seuss)

2. Where did you meet your SO? Through a mutual friend. He used to be roommates with my friend I worked with.

3. Do you have any pets? Yes, Gilbert. He is a Lhasa Apso

4. What is one goal you would like to meet in the next year (other than having a baby)? Moving positions within my company and get a raise.

I'm intrigued by your pet.  Pictures?

MFI, Lap on 7/21/11 - Stage III/IV Endo and Polyps removed by D&C
    IVF #1 with ICSI - ER 1/20 (16R, 12M, 10F), ET 1/23 (1-10 cell and 1-8cell transferred), BFP on 1/31 Beta #1 on 2/3 = 68, Beta #2 on 2/6 = 261 EDD 10/12/12  
    Baby girl born 9/22/12

FET #1 - 9/16/13 - BFN

IVF #2 - ER 11/11/13 (24R, 18M, 16F), ET 11/16 (2 Grade A blasts)
    BFP on 11/23 Beta #1 = 76 EDD 8/2/14

• imageKLN1179:

1. What was your favorite book as a child? Bernstein Bears. Loved them all!

2. Where did you meet your SO? College. We had freshman chemistry class together and he asked me to be his lab partner and in 2008 asked me to be his life partner.

3. Do you have any pets? 2 doggies

4. What is one goal you would like to meet in the next year (other than having a baby)? publish a book

• 1. Green Eggs & Ham  2. @ work, but we actually graduated from the same high school class without knowing of each other! 3. No pets :(  4. I am training to run the Charleston Cooper River Bridge Run 10k!
    TTC #1 since 8/2011
    Dx: Endometriosis(2000) & Uterine Fibroids
    Sept 2012-March 2013: TTA for surgery & recovery; surgery removed: neuroendocrine tumor & 30% of pancreas, 
    endo on diaphragm & in abdomen, & uterine septum
    April 2013: 5mg Femera - IUI cancelled
    May 2013: Cycle cancelled; CD3 estradiol levels too high
    June 2013: Cycle cancelled; umbilical hernia found; surgery to repair
    July 2013: IUI #1.2 - 5mg Femera + trigger = BFN
    Aug 2013: IUI #2 - 5mg Femera + trigger = BFN
    Nov 2013: surgery to remove 8cm fibroid from uterus & clean up endo
    March 2014: IVF #1 - Gonal F & Menopur; retrieved 12 eggs; 6 fertilized; 0 made it to blast
    moving on to DE
    July 2014: FET #1 w/ DE; cancelled due to clots in uterus; hysteroscopy to remove fibroid.
    Hopefully beginning FET #1.2 in late August/early Sept.

• 1. What was your favorite book as a child? the boxcar children2. Where did you meet your SO? A bbq I went to with my ex-f cousin3. Do you have any pets? yes 1 dog- Louie and 2 snakes- Husteau and  frankie4. What is one goal you would like to meet in the next year (other than having a baby)? be debt free 
  • imageKLN1179:

1. What was your favorite book as a child? Any Dr. Seuss books had my full attention.

2. Where did you meet your SO? HighSchool. But we're not HS sweethearts, didn't start dating until years after.

3. Do you have any pets? One chubby kitty.

4. What is one goal you would like to meet in the next year (other than having a baby)? Go to Italy for 2 weeks.

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • 1. What was your favorite book as a child? Curious George!

2. Where did you meet your SO? In the high school lunch room.

3. Do you have any pets? two cavalier king charles spaniels- Bentley and Charlotte- see siggy!

4. What is one goal you would like to meet in the next year (other than having a baby)? Well, I would like to lose 10 pounds that I seem to have put on in the last 8 months so I have been working toward that, but obviously if I get KU, that will go out the window!

He's my fairytale, a dream when I'm not sleeping.

<a href="http://s279.photobucket.com/albums/kk121/behapybride/?action=view
  • 1. This is a tough one, but I'll have to say Sleepy Dog, it was the first book I ever read by myself and I still own my copy to read to my daughter :D

2. We met in Hawaii when I was 15, he was in the Marine Corps.  To make a long story short, I ended up being with his friend for 4 years, had a daughter with her, but me and Mikel always had this amazing connection & took advantage of that after me and my ex called it off.  Now together for two years, he is my daughters father (no bio obv) and the love of my life.

3. Yes! We have two weenies at home aka dashaunds (totally bombed that I'm sure on spelling) :D Cadence and Gunny.

4. I would like to have my MA finished, which is def an achievable goal even if I were to get pregnant. I started it when I was 7 months pregnant with my daughter and have only taken one quarter off since (not even when I gave birth lol!) but totally ready to graduate and move on and become a therapist.

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• 1. What was your favorite book as a child? Charlie and The Chocolate Factory

2. Where did you meet your SO? In a Mexican Restaurant

3. Do you have any pets? No.  I wish, I love dogs (and cats, but dogs a little more).

4. What is one goal you would like to meet in the next year (other than having a baby)? Pay off my car 2 years early.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • 1. What was your favorite book as a child? Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass2. Where did you meet your SO? Thirteen years ago at a hangout in our small town called the Teen Center3. Do you have any pets?Two Soft-Coated Wheaten terriers: Charlie who will be 3 in December and Riley who will be 2 in January4. What is one goal you would like to meet in the next year (other than having a baby)? Run a 5k 

• 1. What was your favorite book as a child? Angelina Ballerina 2. Where did you meet your SO? At a Padres game. 3. Do you have any pets? No, but we are currently searching for a lab. 4. What is one goal you would like to meet in the next year (other than having a baby)? to have a fur baby :)
  • Me three!  Hoping to continue losing weight until I get KU.

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• 1. What was your favorite book as a child? I love Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark.

2. Where did you meet your SO? College. We were introduced by a friend that I had met in college that my DH had know since grade school.

3. Do you have any pets? Nope. My husband desperately wants a dog. When we have a bigger place, I will make his life long dream come true. I am sure that my Maxwell would love a puppy too!

4. What is one goal you would like to meet in the next year (other than having a baby)? I am trying to land a more permanent graphic design gig. It would be nice to have a an in office job and to not have to work so hard to land contracts.

The only Easter Bunny I can get behind.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Maxwell Joseph 4/09 Lucy Violet 10/12

• Since there are lots of new faces, let's do another GTKY.

1. What was your favorite book as a child? The Little Mouse, the Red Ripe Strawberry, and the Hungry Bear

2. Where did you meet your SO? I actually sold him a house. Then he started sending referrals in, I sent him a note to thank him...and the rest is history!

3. Do you have any pets? We both had 2 dogs before we met....so now we have 4 dogs! a dog pound, if you will.

4. What is one goal you would like to meet in the next year (other than having a baby)? I would love to really settle into our house. We've lived in the same house for 2 years, and we still have boxes! read more books. Continue learning Italian.

****CHILD/BFP WARNING****

TTC since 2/11 - Unexplained IF B/W revealed high prolactin levels. Taking bromocriptine for prolactin.
    IUI #1-3 = BFN
    IVF #1 = Cancelled (undermedicated = small follicles)
    IVF #2 = ER 12/6 - 6R/4M/Only 1F
    Transfered our one and only blast (3AA) on 12/11 = BFP!

Trying for Baby #2

IVF#3 - 13 eggs retrieved, 7 fertilized. All 7 got a fungus and arrested.

IVF#4 - February 2016 - 13 eggs retrieved. All arrested.

IVF#5 - June 2016 - 12 eggs retrieved. All arrested. Told I need a donor egg.

Changed REs.

IVF #6 - September 2016 - T-priming, HGH, Lupon flare. 31 eggs retrieved!!! 12 made it to blast! Transferred 2 blasts (5AA, 4AA).

• 1. What was your favorite book as a child? Loved all of the Anne of Green Gables and the Little House on the Prairie books2. Where did you meet your SO? At a party3. Do you have any pets? Nope. Not into it. 4. What is one goal you would like to meet in the next year (other than having a baby)? That is a good question, I may have to think about that one for a while. Off the top of my head, I would just say a significant dent in my student loans, but that has been an ongoing goal. I would also like to lose 10 lbs but that is also an ongoing goal LOL 
  • imageturbostang7:

1. What was your favorite book as a child?

the boxcar children

A bbq I went to with my ex-f cousin

3. Do you have any pets?

yes 1 dog- Louie 

and 2 snakes- Husteau and  frankie

4. What is one goal you would like to meet in the next year (other than having a baby)? 

be debt free 

I forgot about boxcar children. What a great book! 

• 1. What was your favorite book as a child?  Charlotte's web

2. Where did you meet your SO?  Online. I was looking for an apartment. He had just bought a house and was looking to rent out a room.  We met to see if we would be good roomates and started dating instead.

3. Do you have any pets?  Two crazy boxers.

4. What is one goal you would like to meet in the next year (other than having a baby)?  To fully pay off the summer home we bought this year.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1. Anything Teddy Ruxpin

2. At a bar. He was a bouncer, I was underage. Embarrassed

3. Two dogs, a black lab and a toy shiz zu

4. To either deal with the job I have or find a new one.

• imageKLN1179:

1. What was your favorite book as a child? its a book called 'sam and the firefly' about an owl. i have a copy in my closet that i'm going to give to my mom whenever i get a BFP (dorky i know)

2. Where did you meet your SO? we're actually high school sweethearts! he was friends with my older brother and we met at my parents house when i was 15 and he was 16 :)

3. Do you have any pets? we have 2 rescued dogs, a black lab mix named MJ and a terrier mix named Graham

4. What is one goal you would like to meet in the next year (other than having a baby)? i want to start school to become a medical assistant or vet tech

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage
  • 1. What was your favorite book as a child?

The Velveteen Rabbit

At a grocery store. We both worked there part time while in college.

3. Do you have any pets?

One cat. She's on a diet.

For both of us to get tenure.

image image
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Since there are lots of new faces, let's do another GTKY.

1. What was your favorite book as a child? Corduroy and the Berenstein Bears

2. Where did you meet your SO? I played for a rugby team that he coached

3. Do you have any pets? an almost 2 yr old min pin

4. What is one goal you would like to meet in the next year (other than having a baby)? I would like to lose a few pounds and find a job that i love

• imageKLN1179:

1. What was your favorite book as a child? Cheaper By The Dozen - with 4 younger siblings, I loved it

2. Where did you meet your SO? the one bar in our tiny college town.

3. Do you have any pets? nope

4. What is one goal you would like to meet in the next year (other than having a baby)? taking a trip to Europe with DH - we used to live abroad, and I miss our travels!

Siggy Note: Drunk Ron Swanson is on a break while Amy Poehler takes over for a while, summing up my thoughts on all this birth control, prenatal testing, women's issues stuff in the news.
    dx: LPD & low progesterone 11/2011
    BFP #1 August 23
  • 1. What was your favorite book as a child? Where the Sidewalk Ends & The Giving Tree2. Where did you meet your SO?Myspace, 7 years ago...before it got all creepy.3. Do you have any pets? One cat, Gunner 4. What is one goal you would like to meet in the next year(other than having a baby)? I'd like to lose some weight or buy a house.
    image Pregnancy Ticker
  • 1. What was your favorite book as a child? Was OBSESSED with The Babysitter's Club!

2. Where did you meet your SO? We met the day we were born.....same hospital, same day, only a few hours apart.  When we were both 2 we moved to opposite ends of the country, but ended up in the same high school 12 years later.  We went to our senior prom together and been together ever since.

3. Do you have any pets? A Brittany Spaniel named Maddy

4. What is one goal you would like to meet in the next year (other than having a baby)? We paid off a lot of debt this past year, now I would like to work on saving.....would love to save enough to take our daughter to Disney World soon!

Me-33 DH-33

DD #1 BFP 6-1-06 after 8 months of TTC

TTC #2 since July 2011

1st RE Appt 11/28/12 DX with PCOS, HSG and SA=Normal

Feb 2013-June 2013, 3 TI cycles and 2 IUI cyles with Letrozole, Ovidrel, and Dexamethasone=BFN!!!

July 2013-August 2013....taking a break and praying for a miracle

Fall 2013...will attempt IUI #3 and then seek 2nd opinion if it's a bust too

• 1. What was your favorite book as a child? The whole Narnia series.

2. Where did you meet your SO? In high school. But we didn't start dating until after I'd been out of high school for several months.

3. Do you have any pets? 2 kitties. Yazi and Howl.

4. What is one goal you would like to meet in the next year (other than having a baby)? We want to move sometime this winter. And I'd like to go part time at work.
  • imageKLN1179:

1. What was your favorite book as a child? The Babysitter's Club series

2. Where did you meet your SO? In college. I attended a party at his apartment, and we've been together ever since (he was initially a rebound, but I guess it "stuck")

3. Do you have any pets? I have a Great Dane (Gracie, 3), a miniature daschund (Charlie, 2), and a basset hound (Millie, 11). I've had Gracie since she was 8 weeks old, and Millie and Charlie are rescues. I think we're done now.

4. What is one goal you would like to meet in the next year (other than having a baby)? Just get overall healthier.

Started TTC 2/2009
    Started fertility treatments 11/2010
    Ovarian dysfunction, LPD, male factor
    6 failed medicated IUI's
    Pregnant 5/2011 - Miscarriage at 6 weeks due to triploidy
    Decided to adopt - 6/2012
    SURPRISE! Pregnant without intervention - 7/2012 
    Sweet Baby James Born 3/2013
    Decided to be "One and Done"

....OR NOT.
    Pregnant 12/2018 despite birth control pills
    Here we go again...
    Due 8/26/19!
  • imagesiple1am:

1. What was your favorite book as a child? I don't remember the name but it was about a teddy bear that was missing his button in a mall, and it was so sweet!

2. Where did you meet your SO? The beach!

3. Do you have any pets? A cat named Lola and a rabbit named Chewbacca! :D

4. What is one goal you would like to meet in the next year (other than having a baby)? Going away with DH since it has been too long!!

Sip - that bear is Corduroy! I think the book might just be called Corduroy too. My whole family loved him!

Siggy Note: Drunk Ron Swanson is on a break while Amy Poehler takes over for a while, summing up my thoughts on all this birth control, prenatal testing, women's issues stuff in the news.
    dx: LPD & low progesterone 11/2011
    BFP #1 August 23
  • 1. What was your favorite book as a child? Pretzel. It was about a very long dachshund (which are my favorite kind of dog)

2. Where did you meet your SO? eHarmony :)

3. Do you have any pets? Yes, my puppy and kitty are in my siggy (my puppy is part dachshund) and I also have 2 frogs :)

4. What is one goal you would like to meet in the next year (other than having a baby)? Get a new car! My 12 year old car with over 122k miles on it isn't fun anymore. I've had it for 10 years and need a change :)

All Welcome :)

imageimage

***Losses mentioned***

***TTC since June 2011
    ***DH to see urologist Feb. 2013
    ***BFP #1: Feb. 2nd, 2013; M/C #1: Feb. 12th, 2013 5w3d :'(
    ***1st RE appt. April 10th, 2013
    ***IUIs #1-4 all failed
    ***IVF Consult October 7th, 2013
    ***IVF #1- January 2014: ER 1/20, ET of 2 embryos 1/23, Beta 2/5 *none to freeze*

***Feb 14th, 2014- M/C #2 @ 5w5d :'(

***RPL Bloodwork---- diagnosed with Factor V Leiden and MTHFR

***appt. w/ Genetic Counselor- April 18th

***hysteroscopy/laparoscopy scheduled for May 22nd- looks good

***IVF #2- July 2014

***7/26 Retrieval- 3 eggs :( , 2 fertilized :), none to freeze

***7/28 ET- 2dt of 2 embryos, stick little embies!!!

***8/11 beta- BFN :(

***WTF- DE IVF best option now

***DE IVF- January 2015

imageimage

imageimage

imageMissing my 5 angels

• 1. I also was a fan of Where the Sidewalk Ends.    2.  We met in the Military.      3. We have a Shih Tzu and a kitten.     4. I have two classes left for my associates that I would like to finish.  I have 303 days left in the military and I need to have them done by then
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"