October 2011 Moms

Do you have all baby gear/items put together & in house already?

Did you put together the PNP, swing, bouncer seat, papasan seat, etc...and is out in the spot you want it in?  I don't know when to do this.  I know for DS we had the PNP all set up in our room ready to go but this time around LO won't be sleeping in our room so i think we'll put the PNP in our office downstairs so we have somewhere to change and put LO down for naps in. 

I'm sure all of this arranging won't take me long to do but i don't want the baby gear all over the house until need be but i like to be prepared too w/ the PNP all stocked etc... So just wondering what everyone else is doing. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 8.15.07 NATHAN 6.13.09 - 6.14.09 WYATT born 32w3d Gone too soon, RIP. 4.21.10 BFP - missed m/c - D&C on 5.27.10. 1.31.11 BFP - 1st cycle IUI + Follistim + Trigger (2 mature follies)Beta 1 @ 13dpiui: 199 Beta 2 @ 15dpiui: 527 10.7.11 ELIANA(Ellie)ROSE (39w3d)Team Green turned Team Pink - VBAC & ALL NATURAL 6lbs 11oz 19 &1/2in

Re: Do you have all baby gear/items put together & in house already?

• We got the bedroom all set up and got a PNP set up in the living room, and a swing in the living room oh and a bedside bed beside the bed, so i guess yeah we got all our stuff up and where its gonna be, or at least till i move it again!!! :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yeah we did everything this weekend. I'm in full nesting mode as my husband would say! :) It feels really good to have things done and just be able to relax these last few weeks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • We put together all the stuff we think we'll use sooner than later... the swing, bouncy seat, diaper pail, hamper, pnp, co-sleeper... we didn't do things that we won't use for a while like the high chair, baby gates, exersaucer, etc.
    Married September 2005 - TEAM PINK x2 this time around :)

Pregnancy Ticker

• We're first time parents and put together everything when we bought it. I had everything set up by the end of July, but with my H's deployment I'm going to give birth back where we grew up and stay with my parents. So now, NOTHING is set up!! I feel so far behind. We also wanted to put up the baby things so our dog got used to them being in place. We'll be scrambling to set things up the week before my EDD, but this time we'll have plenty of help.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • We took our PNP out of the box and put it together and then put it back in it's bag. Just to see how hard it was to do and so that when we get home from the hospital we weren't trying to figure it out. I will keep it in it's bag until LO is here because we don't have tons of space for it to just be out. We didn't buy a swing. We did put together the bouncer seat and it's just sitting in a corner of the nursery.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Everything is ready!  I'm scheduled in 11 days, so I didn't want to do everything last minute.  The only thing missing is the crib bedding.  It's not installed yet.  It's going to take 2 seconds and I didn't just want to have it lay there to collect dust.

Pregnancy Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• We have nothing set up that isn't actual furniture!  When I had my showers back in August I felt like it was too early to put the swing and stuff together.  Now all of a sudden I'm in a bit of a panic that we need to start working on all that stuff! 

We don't even have a PNP yet or crib sheets (and she'll be in her room from night 1).  Guess we need to get moving!!!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We don't have anything out yet, but it has been stored mostly assembled. I want to put things out a few weeks in advance so that DS can get used to the baby stuff, but I don't want to take it out too far in advance because it's a hassle for cleaning purposes. I'm thinking that I will take everything out in about 2 weeks.
  • Around the house, no.  Everything is hanging out in LO's room.  It all fits. PnP is still bundled. I need to wash the sheet from the long hiatus from DS's use.
  • I have everything set up and ready to go that we'll need for say the first 3 months, except my breastpump.  I won't start pumping till 2-3 weeks out, so I'll just wait on that.  The PNP is in our room where she will sleep, stocked with diaper changing supplies.  The rest of the "gear" (bouncy seat, swing, carseat) is all being stored in her room till we are home and need it.  I have absolutely nothing left to get ready/buy except cooking some more freezer meals.  We have a c-section scheduled for 39 weeks, so now I just wait. :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageBriAndSean:
    We don't have anything out yet, but it has been stored mostly assembled. I want to put things out a few weeks in advance so that DS can get used to the baby stuff, but I don't want to take it out too far in advance because it's a hassle for cleaning purposes. I'm thinking that I will take everything out in about 2 weeks.

This is another reason i'm thinking i should put the stuff togethet now so that DS can get used to it.  Nothing should take long to put together b/c i washed everything, covers, seats etc.. a few weeks ago but just stored everythign in the closet.  Maybe i'll plan on taking everything out this weekend and decide where i want everything to go and then stock the shelves.  :o)  I need to put sheets on the crib too.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 8.15.07 NATHAN 6.13.09 - 6.14.09 WYATT born 32w3d Gone too soon, RIP. 4.21.10 BFP - missed m/c - D&C on 5.27.10. 1.31.11 BFP - 1st cycle IUI + Follistim + Trigger (2 mature follies)Beta 1 @ 13dpiui: 199 Beta 2 @ 15dpiui: 527 10.7.11 ELIANA(Ellie)ROSE (39w3d)Team Green turned Team Pink - VBAC & ALL NATURAL 6lbs 11oz 19 &1/2in
  • Pretty much. Her room is done and I have mini changing stations on the ground floor and in our room. Her swing is set up too, but I also don't have the pump set up because I don't plan on using it for awhile. I still need to move her cradle/bassinet into our room and position the monitor and sound machine, but I probably won't do that until later so it doesn't take up a bunch of space in our room. I'm in the process of doing freezer meals, too.

Good luck with everything!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We've had everything set and ready for a while so the dog can get used to it. We even set up a swing and bouncer at my mom's so her dog gets prepared.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We have put together and set up the co-sleeper in our room, the swing downstairs and the bassinetts downstairs.

We didn't put together the exersaucer or jumperoo because LO can't use it until he is about 4 months old anyway.

• We have a cat that sometimes doesn't respond well to new items/smells, so I wanted to get him used to things early, even though obviously the baby will make things smell differently than they do now.  So, we set up the PNP for a few days in the dining room, and let him explore it.  I did the same thing with the bassinet and bouncy chairs.  I took the sheet off the bassinet mattress, so its just vinyl covered, and will put the sheet back on once LO arrives.  We haven't assembled the high chair yet, as we're storing the box in the garage until he's big enough to use it.
    Maranda
  • We have everything set up and ready to go. We had one day last week where we just worked all day, and got everything done!
  • We have everything out except the swing. We're using the same swing we had with DS (obviously), and it's still in my parents' basement. We'll pick it up this weekend. If it's not here when the baby comes home it's no biggie.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Keshias Birthday 2012 046edit
  • Call us bad parents... but we don't even have anything yet!!  Our shower is this weekend and we wanted to wait to buy any of the big stuff until after the shower.  We have diapers, wipes, and plenty of clothes - but none of the furniture or anything.  So after next week we will be buying all the of the rest of the stuff that we need, and then I have a feeling we'll be setting things up.  I'm anxious to get prepared.  We will be having the baby staying in our room - due to us being in a one bedroom apartment.  We are currently house hunting and plan on moving in December.  So we plan on getting a pack and play (the kind with the changing table, bassinet, storage, and hamper built right in) to set up in our room.
  • Every item we have has been taken out of the box and assembled.  Mainly because DH and I were just so anxious to see everything.  My DH kept calling it "Christmas".  
  • We've got such limited space in the apartment, that everything has to go right where it belongs as soon as we bring it in and unpack it. We're still waiting on the changing tray for the dresser and the bassinet frame for the uppababy bassinet. Once we have those, we'll be good to go.
    BFP #1 10/17/09: missed m/c at 7 weeks; BFP #2 10/22/10: chemical pregnancy; BFP #3: 1/28/11

Baby Boy Smudgie born 10/4/11

<a href="http://s837.photobucket.com/albums/zz298/triple_sevens/?action=view

• We have everything setup and ready to go.  The only thing I have left to do is 2 more loads of laundry for our LO.  I will be glad when it is done so I can just relax the next few weeks.
    Anniversary AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We have everything set up (except the PNP which we have done a trial assembly for) but it's still all in her room.  We plan on moving the bouncer seat and swing downstairs (and possibly bassinet which is what she'll be sleeping in downstairs) in a couple weeks to get our dogs used to there being extra "furniture" downstairs since they aren't allowed in her room.  The PNP will go in our room while she's sleeping in there but I don't know that we'll put that together again until she's actually here since it's going to take up a bunch of space on my side of the bed and since I'm getting up so often to go pee I don't need anything in my way.  It's such an easy set up that I'm not worried about it. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Nothing is set up.  DH is very superstitious, so when I give birth, he has to call the stores and have the furniture delivered.  Everything else is in boxes in my parent's basement and they'll bring it over while I'm in the hospital. Not having all of the clothes in the closets is bothering me way more though.  The bouncer and swing shouldn't take more than a few minutes.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• I have everything, just waiting until we move into the new house tomorrow to set it all up. I really wanted to set things up here, but DH talked me out of it. Lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"