3rd Trimester

Babies Heartrate in 3rd trimester???

Today I went to the doctor and my little girl's heart rate was 171bpm, which is has always been around 148-158, never over that.   I thought I read somewhere a while ago, that the fetal heart rate decreases as you hit your third trimester. 

I know my doctor would of sent me to the hospital if he thought something was wrong, but for some reason I can't get it out of mind.  

What are you babies heartbeats in the third trimester?  

Can stress elevate your babies heart rate?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Babies Heartrate in 3rd trimester???

• Last week my little boy's heartbeat was 154... slightly higher than in the past.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • It can depend on a lot of things- if the baby is sleeping of if he/she is being active at the time.  If you are really worried, I'd just call and ask.  Maybe they can have you come in and just do a quick doppler check to make sure all it well.  My little man's HR has always been on the higher side, but my OB has never shown any concern.
  • Loading the player...
  • At my last appointment my baby's heart rate was higher than usual. My doctor just kept checking it until it slowed down a little. He said it's very normal for a baby's heart rate to spike sometimes.
  • At my last appointment my little guys heartrate had dropped quite a bit from where it had been at previous appointments, which my Dr. said was normal at this point.
    Stopped BCP 7/08 BFP 11/09 - Natural MC 12/09 PCOS 2/10 - Began taking Metformin Femara with trigger from 3/10-7/10 IUI#1 7/10 - BFN Taking a break while I work on my Masters... Now cycling on my own with Metformin. BFP 2/18/11!!! Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My baby's HR has been anywhere from 140's to high 160's, and at one appointment he jumped around from 130ish to 170, which the midwife said was normal if he was moving around while she was checking it. They are always saying how "happy" he is in there, so I think a fluctuation is normal and I am sure if there were cause for concern they would say something to you.
  • Mine has consistently been in the mid to high 140s this trimester.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Baby girl's heartbeat was staying between 150-160 Until this trimester when it dropped to 130-140.
  • Last week they did a non stress test on our baby because I wasn't feeling a lot of movement and being a worry wart. For 20 minutes we monitored the heart rate and movement. In those 20 minutes his heart rate was anywhere from 128 to 185!! On average it stayed in the 130's and 140's but it was all over. Depends on what you've eaten, whether they are sleeping or moving around etc. Your baby girl is fine:)

DS #1 Jimmer Jack Born 11/7/11

MC #1 - 4/16/14 - 5 weeks 1 day

MC #2  - 5/23/14 - 5 weeks 2 days

MC #3 - 7/29/14 - 5 weeks 4 days

DS #2 Jordy William Born 5/28/15

#3 EDD 9/2/16

• I believe the OB put it at 165 for DD. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My lil' guys HB was always 140 until about 4 weeks ago it got a bit higher to 156. Not a big difference, however when I was in L&D a few weeks ago being monitored for contractions he was super active and his HB jumped to 190, they were a bit concerned but after he calmed down and I was hooked up to an IV for fluids his HB went back to 150's, so if your baby was particularily active that day it could have cause the spike in HB.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • My LO has a heart rate anywhere between 130-170, and my OB said it was normal.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My doctor said anything between 130 and 180 is normal for 3rd tri.
  • DD has always been high 130s on my regular appointments.  During NSTs they look for accelerations in the heartbeat and DD's has spiked up to 160-180 during those accelerations.  So your OB might have just listened when your baby was active and the heartrate was accelerated.
  • Last time it hovered around 140. Before that (one week) it was 150. 

When it was 150 we had some problems with deceleration but it was gone a few days later. We'll check again tomorrow.  

Life is either a daring adventure or it is nothing at all. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Mine has been as low as 130 this tri and as high as 164. 130 when he was sleeping (during a 3D sono) and 164 when I had a checkup after running errands and was having a hyper/nervous energetic day.

They're pretty sensitive to changes in our bodies, plus they have sleep/awake cycles now too and I think they also respond to quite a bit more stimulation.

DS: 11/8/11 | 9 lb 7 oz, 22 in
    DD: 5/22/14 | 9 lb 9 oz, 21.5 in

• I just had my NST this morning, and LO's heartbeat was between 120 and 150.  
  • My baby has only ever been in the 150s, until 36 week appt, when it was 175. But he had been sleeping, and woke up when my OB palpitated to see if he was head down and he's never gone that crazy before! He was jabbing his feet out 2-3 inches from my stomach and was probably throwing a mini temper tantrum or something. I asked about it being that high, and my OB just said "it's what we call an acceleration, and it's perfectly normal".
  • My LO has been consistently in the mid 140s.
    Married 08.19.06 ~ DS 9.30.11 ~ Baby #2 EDD 11.28.18

• My little guy was in the 160's during the first trimester then the high 150's for the second and this past week he was right on 150. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"